BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

My wife watches Game of Thrones which means I see bits of it though I have no idea what the storyline is.

For an American programme I've been a little surprised by the use of the "F" word and very surprised by the use of the "C" word.

I had thought American TV more straight laced than that or is this the exception?

• Moderation Lead

Anyone watching 24?

The school assembly style House of Commons led by PM Stephen Fry is ridiculous!

I was more comfortable with the idea of a feature film to follow the previous series than a whole new series, but going to give it a bash regardless, as after 8 seasons, I'm too well-invested!

My wife watches Game of Thrones which means I see bits of it though I have no idea what the storyline is.

For an American programme I've been a little surprised by the use of the "F" word and very surprised by the use of the "C" word.

I had thought American TV more straight laced than that or is this the exception?

It's American-funded and produced, but most of the cast is British!

Edited by K-Hod

Melissandre is the hottest woman on that show other than Margaery in my opinion.

Anyway... I binged on Fargo last night, not being sure of it after the original movie was my favourite film. I think it is brilliant, the best show on TV now for me. Billy Bob Thornton is amazing in his role and Martin Freeman does a good job as well. There are loads of nice little nods to other Coen movies (white Russians on special offer, the hotel receptionist very similar to the one in No Country, Lester needing unguent somewhat urgently and the policewoman's dad being a cameo from a CIA man in Burn After Reading) and the last episode had a good touch which linked the series to the film. I was worried at first that it was too similar to the film and had nothing new to add to a classic but they have captured the dark feel of the movie and expanded on several of the themes.

Went to look for Fargo on catch up and it's all there except for episode 1! Great eh?

Yep Game of Thrones is filmed all over Northern Ireland and has been great for our local economy. Hopefully this will attract a few tourists after they realise that some of the beautiful scenery is here.

Went to look for Fargo on catch up and it's all there except for episode 1! Great eh?

Ha I had the same problem with True Detective on Sky Go. Terrible when you try to do the right thing but end up downloading anyway huh. I think 4od probably have it from the first episode though.

Northern Ireland I believe. Some great scenery there for the filming. Nice to see huge shows and movies making use of talented British and Irish actors. The British movie industry may not be the best funded but I think our actors are second to none.

There are some great British movies out there. Certainly the UK is not the best for blockbusters but Dead Man's Shoes and Trainspotting are two of my favourite films and couldn't have been made anywhere else.

Edited by The Hypnotic

Ha I had the same problem with True Detective on Sky Go. Terrible when you try to do the right thing but end up downloading anyway huh. I think 4od probably have it from the first episode though.

Nope.

• Backroom

Snap. Think the writer of Happy Valley must have watched the film version of Fargo - too many similarities to be a coincidence.

Agreed but not complaining! The last episode's cliffhanger left me shouting at the telly!

• 9 months later...
  • Backroom

Finally got around to watching Breaking Bad. I marathoned the whole series on Netflix in two weeks. Wish I would wipe my memory and watch it all again.

I struggled with that and gave up after 4 episodes. I think everyone hyping it actually made retrospective viewing crap.

It's no GoT anyway. And I'm someone who watched House religiously.

I struggled with that and gave up after 4 episodes. I think everyone hyping it actually made retrospective viewing crap.

You really REALLY missed out by giving up so soon. I've never known a show with characters who evolved so much between the first and last seasons/episodes.
  • Like 1

No, it's far superior to Lame of Thrones.

When breaking bad 1st started i gave up after the 1st episode thinking it was nothing special, so glad i randomly gave it another go a few years later just before all the hype arpund it started.

The show really stepped it up a gear each seaspn and always delivered.

Also im finding this 1st season pf better call soul is better than the 1st season of bbad, i think theyre going to struggle to keep the bar this high. You dont really need to have watched breaking bad 1st to get into it either.

Edited by I.must.be.batty

I recently "acquired" the full x-files box set, when it originally aired I lost track about half way through season 2 or 3, I really really liked the show and was only about 12/13 at the time(perfect age for that show) but it was so hard to follow American shows on satellite tv back then when they where only shown once a week(+ one repeat) and they where always at least a year behind America(can you even imagine that happening now with shows like game of thrones, going a whole year without spoilers ruining it)

Id like to try get through it all before the new episodes air, but its a bit of a slog having to get through all those 'monster of the week' episodes when what I really want to watch are the arc episodes.

Edited by I.must.be.batty