BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

sorry the rant thread locked so its going here!

Quiz shows/game shows every main channel pretty much all day and evening WHHHHHHHHaatTF! who watches this trash and why? They barely even try to be fun for the viewer anymore or have presenters with any personality and charisma, that's been replaced by flashy lights and tacky gimmicks.

Edited by T J Batty Man

• Backroom

Love Pointless (aside from the panifully bland 'comedian' Alexander Armstrong).

However, what on earth is that one with Ben Shepherd? A giant version of the 2p machine in t'arcades?!

Ah, Tipping Point. My favourite is The Chase purely because of Bradley's laughing when the producers throw in a rogue rude question.

Apparently someone is rebuilding The Crystal Maze? Dunno if it's for TV or for stag wknds or something.

• Moderation Lead

Been hammering Orange is the new black on Netflix since it came back on. Though I wish they'd put 1 a week on (like with Better Call Saul) rather than the whole lot at once!

Good entertaining show, only gripe i have with it is that they portray the majority of inmates as being lesbian, it just seems such a cliched stereotype.

Has anybody given this new wachowdki brothers show 'sense8' a ho uet on Netflix, any good?

Edited by T J Batty Man

• Moderation Lead

I don't know, I think a few of them didn't start off that way, but the environment makes them that way. I think a good amount of the actresses are lesbians in reality mind....

So they changed Jon's last word from 'Ghost...' his beloved direwolf companion, to 'Olly...' some little sh*t who doesn't even exist in the books.

God how I hate them.

Edited by Amarillo

• Moderation Lead

So they changed Jon's last word from 'Ghost...' his beloved direwolf companion, to 'Olly...' some little sh*t who doesn't even exist in the books.

God how I hate them.

I think they've overtaken the books now haven't they? That was my understanding of it at any rate.....

O boo bloidy hoo, im sick of hearing about the books

I'm sick of hearing from you, but here you are. :)

I think they've overtaken the books now haven't they? That was my understanding of it at any rate.....

Some parts yes, but this wasn't one of them.

IN THE BOOKS, Jon tries to raise an army of Wildlings & volunteer Crows to attack Winterfell after he receives a threatening letter supposedly written by Ramsay Snow. All hell breaks loose and some of the Night's Watch assassinate Jon for violating his oath to remain neutral.

In the show, they assassinate Jon... 'cause reasons.

55856448.jpg

What are these "Game of Thrones books", you speak of?

• Like 1

• Backroom

IN THE BOOKS, Jon tries to raise an army of Wildlings & volunteer Crows to attack Winterfell after he receives a threatening letter supposedly written by Ramsay Snow. All hell breaks loose and some of the Night's Watch assassinate Jon for violating his oath to remain neutral.

Reading ASOIAF and I have to agree they are so much better than the shows (if one has patience).

But Martin and the shoes producers have explained quite a number of times that the series is the definition of 'based on' rather than directly replicating the books. The end point and major plot points are apparently the same (I'm only 150 pages into Clash of Kings).

:lol: Touché..

Fair play to anyone that's read them, I've not got around to reading them yet but they do sound better than the series. Might give them a go now that the TV series has caught up.

Im sure the books are great for what they are, but its been 5 years now surly tjats enpugh time to get your head around the fact that they're both completely different mediums or just dont bothwr watching them if they annoy you so much.

In regards to jons last words it would have seemef weird in the context of the show if he'd have said "ghost" as the dire wolves have rarely made an appearance over the years of the show, which is mainly due to money, technology and time issues.

Edited by T J Batty Man

• Backroom

Im sure the books are great for what they are, but its been 5 years now surly tjats enpugh time to get your head around the fact that they're both completely different mediums or just dont bothwr watching them if they annoy you so much.

In regards to jons last words it would have seemef weird in the context of the show if he'd have said "ghost" as the dire wolves have rarely made an appearance over the years of the show, which is mainly due to money, technology and time issues.

I think it'd have been good in a way. But if his last word being 'Ghost' leads to him having warged, it'd translate poorly to TV.

Far better is a rebirth in the flames or being 'Thoros and Beric'-ed by Melissandre.

• Like 1

Yea i think mellisandra being there at that time is to much of a coincidence, i think he'll come back everytime he's killed in the same way that banner guy did(i think thats the character you mentioned, i cant remember all these silly names) mellisandra was there then also and took an interest in how he did it.