BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom

Well the loss of those two would certainly make it more bearable.

I admit I did quite like watered-down Boyle.

It's much funnier now imo, with regular appearances from Romesh Ranganathan, Josh Widdicombe, Rob Beckett, Milton Jones, and Katherine Ryan.

She is actually really funny, her full stand up sets are excellent and very smart, but then not everybody appreciates the same type of humour (which couldnt be more evident on this site at times)

That said ive never really been a fan of mock the week, its always just felt really scripted and rehearsed to me.

Erhh. I have never seen Mock the Week and have never heard of any of the above people.

Rarely watch telly given there is so much rubbish on.

how would you know if you never watch, its pretty unanimously accepted that this is a real golden age for tv shows, no matter what your tastes are there's probably at least 1 show to completely match your tastes.

but go on though, what shows did you like in the past before it all became so "rubbish"?

Edited by T J Hooker

how would you know if you never watch, its pretty unanimously accepted that this is a real golden age for tv shows, no matter what your tastes are there's probably at least 1 show to completely match your tastes.

but go on though, what shows did you like in the past before it all became so "rubbish"?

I do watch the occasional wildlife programme and travel documentaries. If Rovers are on Sky I go to one of ,y neighbours and watch it there.

As for shows I used to like the Black and White Minsterals and I rather liked Captain Pugwash as a child.

• Like 1

I do watch the occasional wildlife programme and travel documentaries. If Rovers are on Sky I go to one of ,y neighbours and watch it there.

As for shows I used to like the Black and White Minsterals and I rather liked Captain Pugwash as a child.

I agree PB, TV is a bit like this board most of it's rubbish so I don't tend to bother. Anyway how come you don't like modern TV ? it is unanimously accepted after all! 😂

• Moderation Lead

The big TV series are class, but a lot of those can be caught on demand, very rarely do I watch those according to the schedule.

In terms of actual TV, I'm like AS and PB, I think much of it is poor and tend to stick to the factual stuff if anything at all.

Oh, and obviously The Simpsons when I'm having my tea :tu:

• Like 2

Me too. Bill & Ben were good guys but as a kid I had my doubts about Andy Pandy. Maybe before your time. TV took the P-iss out of us and we never knew. ^_^

Tried to watch Episode 1 of 'The Hunted' which just reconfirmed how f-upped the UK is.

It's great how most people who claim they do not watch TV will say the do watch Documentaries, many of which are pure propaganda for one cause or another. Except Wildlife of course....

Edited by AllRoverAsia

One of my neighbours who, is a drinking pal of mine, has a daughter who was in Emmerdale, Hotel Babylon, 3 Musketeers and a period drama called something like Downton Abbey. Her husband Andy Buchan is also in a few things and has just pocketed a mega multi-million dollar contract in Vancouver for a new TV psycho thriller.

When we have drinks at Xmas and Easter they are amazed I have never seen them on the telly. Luckily they are down to earth, realise I rarely watch the telly and take the Mick out of me.

just to be clear i was only referring to all the great dramas and such(mainly american, some really good European shows and the occasional uk show) not the general everyday crud(soaps, quizz shows, reality durge, etc..) i mainly watch via on demand or downloads.

Edited by T J Hooker