BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic is bloody (pun intended) good. A series about the bloody struggle in Naples between the various factions in the Camorra.

Almost at the end of Season 2 but worth catching up on if you don't mind subtitles and are interested in mafia type programmes.

Been absolutely hooked in gomorah. Brilliant.

It is a pretty unique series, lots of twists and turns that you just dont see coming at all, the sex scenes are about as full on as you can get(not a bad thing considering all the women are drop dead stunners) the fight scenes and action scenes are amazingly choreographed and again totally full on, its got some great one liners, lots of really strange charecters, the whole show is jst completely ott but great adult fun.

Just out of curiosity i watched chubb browns latest live show dvd last night, jeeesuz how thick and inbred are the members of his audience, to be fair to him he's just making a living, he's a clever bloke is mr. vasey and he just goes out plays a character and gives these suckers what they want and takes their money, pathetic thing is most of the audience dont even realise its just a character he's playing.

Edited by T J Hooker

Just out of curiosity i watched chubb browns latest live show dvd last night, jeeesuz how thick and inbred are the members of his audience, to be fair to him he's just making a living, he's a clever bloke is mr. vasey and he just goes out plays a character and gives these suckers what they want and takes their money, pathetic thing is most of the audience dont even realise its just a character he's playing.

I enjoy a smutty joke like the rest of us but Chubby Brown is just beyond what is acceptable. He amuses the Jeremy Kyle type of audience.

Which one was that. The one filmed in ossy ?

i didnt notice, i just stuck it on the tv in the background(via a streaming service) whilst i was doing something else, it was filmed last year, the stage dsign was suprisingly classy, seemed a small venue, i lost interest altogether after about 25 mins though, theres only so many times you can hear the same jokes told just in a slightly different way over amd over(my wifes so fat ect ect..) and the sycophantic, hysterical laughter from the audiance at every little joke and remark from chubby was a little unnerving.

Edited by T J Hooker

i imagine most on here will have been watching the football, but there was a brilliant documentary on channel 4 last night at 9pm called 'interview with a murderer' if you liked shows like 'making a murderer' 'the jinx' ext... you will really have liked this, im sure you could still watch it on 4 on demand or something.

its such a British take on those shows and personally i found the final showdown between the interviewer and possible murderer laugh out loud hilarious because his reaction towards the interviewer because of the allegations being made was so absurd

Edited by T J Hooker

Okay. So I need a new series to watch. In recent years I've enjoyed stuff like; The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Lost, Californication, Deadwood, Black Sails, Vikings, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Rome.

Any recommendations?

Thanks. Might give one of them a try soon.

I take it none of them are comedies as (aside from Californication - at times) I can't stand comedy series. Fortunately I don't have an other half forcing me to watch dross like How I Met Your Mother and Orange Is The New Black etc.

Also, whilst I'm in confession mode I'd like to take this opportunity to reveal that I'm probably the only Western guy on the planet that's never had to endure a full episode of Friends.

Thanks for listening ^_^

Thanks. Might give one of them a try soon.

I take it none of them are comedies as (aside from Californication - at times) I can't stand comedy series. Fortunately I don't have an other half forcing me to watch dross like How I Met Your Mother and Orange Is The New Black etc.

Also, whilst I'm in confession mode I'd like to take this opportunity to reveal that I'm probably the only Western guy on the planet that's never had to endure a full episode of Friends.

Thanks for listening ^_^

Suits is a comedy of sorts...

Witty drama set in a legal firm

really wish binge watching had never been invented now!

id love to go back to the days of one ep per week and having a different show to watch each night, now though i find it really hard to watch more than one show at a time, once ive started watching a series i cant watch any other show until i've finished watching the series I started(if you get my drift :wacko: )

also now that i watch a more tv shows than movies I find it hard to get through a whole film without drifting off(even if its a film im liking) maybe its just an age thing but my concentration threshold is much lower now, its not helped by the fact so many film are 2-3 hours long these days even when its totally not necessary, 90-100mins was the perfect length for a good action film in the past.

Edited by T J Hooker

• Backroom

I like to read online to see if other people held similar opinions about films and tv shows to what I did - and I love the trivia section on IMDB.

I also dislike ok Netflix when they release the series all at once, just watched the first episode of the latest series of Orange is the New Black but know if I look at anything online there is a good chance of spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully Chris Evans has quit top gear, I think the witch hunt against him has been pathetic and too personal(considering its just a TV show about bloody cars!) but that said he wasn't suited to the show at all and seemed to get more out of his depth as the series went along. I also think the two younger male presenters where just as awful as evans, they're just Clarkson wannabes(even down to the way they speak) but they're pure bbc 'PC' versions of Clarkson and have zero personality or charisma between the two of them, only Le Blanc and the German women came out of it all well for me

Thankfully Chris Evans has quit top gear, I think the witch hunt against him has been pathetic and too personal(considering its just a TV show about bloody cars!) but that said he wasn't suited to the show at all and seemed to get more out of his depth as the series went along. I also think the two younger male presenters where just as awful as evans, they're just Clarkson wannabes(even down to the way they speak) but they're pure bbc 'PC' versions of Clarkson and have zero personality or charisma between the two of them, only Le Blanc and the German women came out of it all well for me

Le Blanc comes out of it well, liked Rory Reid. Truthfully struggle understanding ze German. Guy Martin in for me.

Le Blanc comes out of it well, liked Rory Reid. Truthfully struggle understanding ze German. Guy Martin in for me.

A lot of the featured movies are good, but they are still being made by the same crew from the old series.

Sack all of the presenters bar Le Blanc, then recruit two British presenters, one a bit of an intellectual and the other a good interviewer. Add to Le Blanc though and not build around him - this is a peculiarly british show (hence the failure of Top Gear USA)