BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Finished Ozark last night,was good enough a ten part crime drama about a financial advisor laundering money for a drugs cartel.

Have watched the first three episodes of Manhunt:Unabomber  starring Paul Bettany as Ted kaczynski and Sam Worthington as the FBI profiler who tracked him down.Has been quality so far

Regarding GOT.  *** Warning contains spoilers up to the current episode in Series 7 ***

I don't know about you guys,but I kind of agree a bit with this article . . .Nobody 'important' seems to die any more . . it's lost it' shock value somewhat . .

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/18/game-of-thrones-has-lost-its-evil-streak-and-its-a-crying-shame

I remember the earlier episodes and I was thinking ' yeah yeah, sean bean isn't going to die - he's gonna get rescued at the last minute aka Robin Hood Prince of thieves' - then bam, and his head was off. . .etc.

Nowadays it's gone a bit too movie-like (even cheesy - Ed sheeran cameos etc.) where you just know that the main characters are going to survive. Arya Stark for example - she was practically dead at one stage and managed to escape then as the article mentioned - Jaime Lannister being rescued from the fire of the dragon. C'mon!! WTF??? Kill someone . . . It's lost it's unpredictability. I guess somewhat to do with the TV series now being ahead of the actual books - the script writers aren't a patch on the author.

It's still good, but Meh!

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Husky said:

Regarding GOT.  *** Warning contains spoilers up to the current episode in Series 7 ***

I don't know about you guys,but I kind of agree a bit with this article . . .Nobody 'important' seems to die any more . . it's lost it' shock value somewhat . .

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/18/game-of-thrones-has-lost-its-evil-streak-and-its-a-crying-shame

I remember the earlier episodes and I was thinking ' yeah yeah, sean bean isn't going to die - he's gonna get rescued at the last minute aka Robin Hood Prince of thieves' - then bam, and his head was off. . .etc.

Nowadays it's gone a bit too movie-like (even cheesy - Ed sheeran cameos etc.) where you just know that the main characters are going to survive. Arya Stark for example - she was practically dead at one stage and managed to escape then as the article mentioned - Jaime Lannister being rescued from the fire of the dragon. C'mon!! WTF??? Kill someone . . . It's lost it's unpredictability. I guess somewhat to do with the TV series now being ahead of the actual books - the script writers aren't a patch on the author.

While I get it, I think a shock death is coming. Imo, Cersei in the finale.

Also think I've worked out Beric Dondarrion's 'purpose'. He's forever wondering why the Lord of Light keeps bringing him back. Maybe he's killed again North of the Wall, but before Thoros can get to him... the Night King does.

Imo, Dondarrion keeps being reborn because HE is the Wight they capture as proof for Cersei. His purpose is to finally be reborn by ice, not fire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2017 at 01:30, Husky said:

I agree with all of this, I've watched it since the get go and as much as I love it, as the show has grown in popularity and the the shows budget has gone crazy the show is a completely different show to what it once was. Even the dialogue between characters has suffered, apparently George R.R Martin has distanced himself from the show now and I think without his guidance the writing has suffered incredibly. Still love the show, having too wait 2 years for the next series is going too kill me. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I think GRRM is right to stay away so that it doesn't influence his writing.

Wish they'd stuck to 10 episodes to flesh out the details more (that's what made it so great in the first place).

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think GRRM is right to stay away so that it doesn't influence his writing.

Wish they'd stuck to 10 episodes to flesh out the details more (that's what made it so great in the first place).

SPOILER ALERT!!

I agree, 7 episodes just wasn't long enough to justify the story. It's like they rushed through the whole thing and couldn't wait to get it finished (though not quite as bad as Rome 2005-07)

The way Littlefinger died didn't sit well either - too rushed and seemed like the whole thing wasn't thought through properly. He was far too conniving to go in such a simple way - that whole episode with the sisters didn't make much sense.

As for the CGI fest  .. . noooooooooooooooooooooooo! It seems to have become like modern day consoles - all graphics and no gameplay. Overall season 7 has been the worst one so far. But like the Matrix film series I feel it's only going to get worse. . . .R.I.P. G.O.T.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone watched The Leftovers?

Is it worth watching?

I don't mean to be sexist, BUT (lol) it was a chick that recommended it to me so I'm a bit sceptical - especially as chicks recommended both 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Orange is the New Black' (both of which I had to turn off after 5 minutes of the first show and delete the entire pre-downloaded series's).

From what I gather it's not a comedy so that's already put it on the 'maybe' list.

• 1 month later...

The Mrs has the X-Factor on (yes it’s dreadful) but an advert came on for another itv program and it was called Elliott and (someone else’s) wedding.

I asked my Mrs but she was none the wiser, who the F are these people? And how on earth have they landed a tv program about their wedding? Hardly Royal wedding material.

Much like a program that used to get advertised which was about someone whom I’d ever heard of, who had a baby. 

How are people getting tv programs about stuff like this? 

Might as well have filmed my wedding it’s that relevant.

Edited by davulsukur

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Vietnam BBC 4 is excellent providing a commentary on much I was unaware of but as a child of the 60s much of it rings a bell. 

Excellent series. Interesting hearing the different perspectives of the Viet Cong and US army who were there.

The My Lai Massacre was brutal, even for war.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mike E said:

How on EARTH have I only discovered 'The Thick of It' last week? Starting series 4 now on Netflix, reckon it's genuinely the funniest TV show I've ever watched.

So many quotables!

Also search out the film spin off- In the loop  :) Along similar lines from this side of the world worth checking out is The Hallowmen only 12 episodes and quite tame compared to thick of it but funny. Also from the same company-  Utopia - series about a newly created Government department also worth a watch if you can find it.

Edited by perthblue02

On 31/10/2017 at 00:45, Mike E said:

How on EARTH have I only discovered 'The Thick of It' last week? Starting series 4 now on Netflix, reckon it's genuinely the funniest TV show I've ever watched.

So many quotables!

Many of them not allowed on here. Flipperty Flip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie said:

Armando ianucci has a new film out called The death of Stalin. Got some good reviews, will deffo be searching it out... One of the great talents of our generation.

Stalin? ?

Ianucci also is the creator of Veep.