BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Sopranos for me is unbeatable, glad I’m not the only one that’s a big fan!

I’ve watched it about 5 times start to end.

The quality of the writing and acting, the drama, the humour, the characters. Just fantastic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve watched it about 5 times start to end.

The quality of the writing and acting, the drama, the humour, the characters. Just fantastic.

It was.

Unlike almost any other TV series it didn't wrap it all up in a bow at the end. There was plenty left on the table that will always leave the viewer thinking. 

I really enjoyed Sex and the City (yep, I know), but the writers made a complete mess of it. Those 4 vacuous, shallow women should have never found happiness.

My only quibble was with Tony's coma episodes. I would rather have seen a lot less of that and more of how the different crews were dealing with it.

On 12/04/2020 at 01:36, speeeeeeedie said:

Beyoncé is next to royalty over here. I don't get it either. Her songs aren't very good. However, I'm a male in my 40's, hardly her target market.

As to TV Breaking Bad was good. Game of Thrones was better although it stunk up the joint at the end. For me neither can hold a candle to the Sopranos.

I do like Line of Duty too. 

There's one on Amazon called Bosch. I don't know if it's available in the UK but it's a good detective series based in LA.

Just aquired this, thanks for heads up. Also to @chaddyrovers for The Newsroom.

Those and a rerun of The Sopranos and Mad Men will keep me out of trouble for a bit.

Up to date with Better Call Saul plus the intro movie for Breaking Bad.

Good US TV is always a decent watch.

Plus the best of British which I have in abundance.

• Like 1

Signed up to Netflix this morning, not really one for series's myself but her indoors is. I'm still working and she's furloughed so that works out ok.

Also just started reading a novel featuring the Bosch character, seems ok so far.

On 18/04/2020 at 12:34, Mattyblue said:

Ozark is a great watch on Netflix. Season 3 was recently added.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul if you haven’t already.

Just in the process of getting Ozark, will have all 3 Series sometime tonight.

Currently binging on Bosch, up to Ep 4 in S2.

Up to date on Better Call Saul, next Ep by tomorrow I think. I intend to redo Breaking Bad.

I now like quite a bit of Scandinavian TV, usually need subs though. Well made and great scenery, usually.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else think " Killing Eve " vastly over rated ? 

I enjoyed series 1. Thought season 2 saw a big drop in quality (possibly because the writer changed) and looking at the reviews I won’t be bothering with season 3.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I enjoyed series 1. Thought season 2 saw a big drop in quality (possibly because the writer changed) and looking at the reviews I won’t be bothering with season 3.

Each season has different Female writers and Showrunners so theres no real flow from one series to the next,changing each series means the new people want to put their stamp on the show and it doesnt work.

I have just watched The Unforgotten again and enjoyed it as much second time around. It's essentially about a cold case team and there are three series and the cherry on the cake is it's British. The excellent Nicola Walker takes the lead role but each series has many top drawer actors and actresses.I

If a whodunnit is your thing then I recommend this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I started this, got bored around episodes 7....starts well

got plenty of time on my hands. 

minimum of 3 weeks before I go back to work so will be watching of different of tv series like 24 and West Wing, plus plenty of favourite films to watch

Just finished a binge-watch of all 6 Seasons of Bosch and enjoyed it, Season 7 will be the finale.

Struggling with Devs after just 2 Episodes with Ozark up next,

Realised that I'm missing Cricket more than Football after finding Empire of Cricket from 2009. Highly enjoyable if you like the game.

Can't download anything for a few days as broadband is down so on data in the interim and that's too slow, I've got 4 TB of backup, should be ok...........

I've just watched Tiger King on Netflix and I have to say its absolutely bonkers, only in America, had me captivated all the way through. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81115994

For more unbelievable but true stories 'The Jinx' is on most platforms (sky for free) and is fantastic, I binged watched that a few years ago and its just coming to a head now with I'm sure more HBO episodes in the pipeline:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_jinx_the_life_and_deaths_of_robert_durst/s01

But the undisputed TV series, and still unsurpassed in my book, The Sopranos - tremendous, watched it all the way through 3 times and still picking up on new bits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's a section in " The Guardian " TV guide called " Jump the Shark - When good shows go bad ".  " Killing Eve " has just made it. Anybody know what country it's supposed to be set in ? They don't appear to have a police force at all. You can just go around killing people at random and nothing happens. 

Putting the Police issue to one side as I can kind of forgive this in any drama series / TV Show / Film etc as it's fiction, but, having enjoyed the first two series, I have to say that Series 3 is awful. Even the fact it stars Jodie Comer isn't enough now!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just finished a binge-watch of all 6 Seasons of Bosch and enjoyed it, Season 7 will be the finale.

Struggling with Devs after just 2 Episodes with Ozark up next,

Realised that I'm missing Cricket more than Football after finding Empire of Cricket from 2009. Highly enjoyable if you like the game.

Can't download anything for a few days as broadband is down so on data in the interim and that's too slow, I've got 4 TB of backup, should be ok...........

I'm glad that you enjoyed Bosch. I like the way the stories flow. I also liked how they made LA look quiet. Something it definitely isn't.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I've just watched Tiger King on Netflix and I have to say its absolutely bonkers, only in America, had me captivated all the way through. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81115994

For more unbelievable but true stories 'The Jinx' is on most platforms (sky for free) and is fantastic, I binged watched that a few years ago and its just coming to a head now with I'm sure more HBO episodes in the pipeline:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_jinx_the_life_and_deaths_of_robert_durst/s01

But the undisputed TV series, and still unsurpassed in my book, The Sopranos - tremendous, watched it all the way through 3 times and still picking up on new bits.

Tiger King grew on me. I asked on here a few weeks ago about it and got a muted response. I think it was only after I'd finished it that I realised how barmy it all was. I saw a few memes that had me laughing. I was out on a bike ride the other day. I rode past a house which had a sign out for delivery drivers. It said Did Carole Baskin do it? With 2 arrows - 1 yes, 1 no.

I'm with you on the Sopranos too. Class all around.

• Like 2