BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Watched ‘The People vs OJ Simpson’ this week on Netflix. A very interesting watch! (I was a kid at the time it went on, so don’t remember it that well). 

Watched the original trial and the Netflix series, loved them both to be honest, a great watch.

He murdered them both, no doubt about it, but the defence team played a blinder led by Johnnie Cochran, just goes to show money can buy freedom.

• Backroom

Just finished The Last Dance (finally).

Previously, the extent of my basketball knowledge was gleaned only from Space Jam and I thought Michael Jordan was incredible on that little bit.

Watching The Last Dance, there's no doubt in my mind, he's the greatest athlete that's ever lived.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finished The Last Dance a couple of nights ago and can only echo what Mike E said. I knew F-all about basketball, but MJ is/was just a machine!

Not one for just binge watching one series at a time, I like to have a least a couple on the go.

Watched 'The Stranger' on Netflix, it's a UK drama. Must admit I quite enjoyed that. It's one of those 'how the hell does all this link together' type series. Good UK cast: Siobhan Finneran (Janice Garvey in Benidorm), Jennifer Saunders, Shaun Dooley, Anthony Head amongst others.

Now on with White Lines, again another UK drama although half of it is in Spanish & subtitled as it's set in Ibiza. Nothing outstanding, but  reasonable.

Oh, & I took delivery of my new TV yesterday! ??

• 2 weeks later...

I May Destroy You on IPlayer is great. Proper mould breaking, entertaining, thought provoking TV.

Also came across The Getdown on Netflix. Really enjoying it. Baz Luhrnarnn's take on late 70's New York and hip hop.

Quite theatrical, showy but fun and occasionally edgy

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm really enjoying watching TV Show Deadliest Catch on the Discovery channel. 

Its a real life show and about King Crab Fishing in the Bering sea. Dutch Harbor in Alaska is port they used. 

I’ve been watching that show since it started in mid 2000’s Chaddy.

Brilliant show, tough tough work to put food on our tableS, they really earn there  money that’s for sure.

• Like 1

I watched the first of a three part series called The Rise of the Murdoch Empire in BBC2 this week. I didn't realise how much power and influence this bloke had over the British government spanning a good few years and amazingly the two main parties.

20 hours ago, gumboots said:

Were loving Perry Mason on Sky Atlantic. Slow burner but very good

If you like live theatre you should be watching " The National Theatre " live performances recordings  on Thursday evenings at 7-00pm on Youtube. We've seen some really good stuff. Last night it was " Amadeus ". A terrific perfornance,  with some great acting by the principal players.

Not a Tv series but I watched 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri again last night on C4, went to the pictures to see it back in 2017. 

Absolutely superb film, I can't find enough superlatives to describe it, has you laughing one minute and crying the next. 

(Not me crying obviously, because I'm a tough working class Lancastrian :P

Probably the best film I've seen in 10yrs, certainly rivals Django Unchained, both in my top 10 best films ever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Not a Tv series but I watched 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri again last night on C4, went to the pictures to see it back in 2017. 

Absolutely superb film, I can't find enough superlatives to describe it, has you laughing one minute and crying the next. 

(Not me crying obviously, because I'm a tough working class Lancastrian :P

Probably the best film I've seen in 10yrs, certainly rivals Django Unchained, both in my top 10 best films ever.

Yes it's a great film with some superb performances from the leading characters. We saw it when we were out in Spain last year. I liked it so much I watched it again last night. The problem is I'd forgotten about all the swearing in it. That's not an issue for me after spending most of my life in the engineering industry but I recommended it to my 89 year old mum ! I'll be seeing her later today and I wonder what she'll say.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes it's a great film with some superb performances from the leading characters. We saw it when we were out in Spain last year. I liked it so much I watched it again last night. The problem is I'd forgotten about all the swearing in it. That's not an issue for me after spending most of my life in the engineering industry but I recommended it to my 89 mum ! I'll be seeing her later today and I wonder what she'll say.

She’ll say “Tyrone that film was f*cking brilliant you c*nt”

• Like 7

On 17/07/2020 at 08:25, arbitro said:

I watched the first of a three part series called The Rise of the Murdoch Empire in BBC2 this week. I didn't realise how much power and influence this bloke had over the British government spanning a good few years and amazingly the two main parties.

very interesting programme and looking forward to the next 2 episodes on it. 

Just shows how much influence and power in the UK he really had. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

very interesting programme and looking forward to the next 2 episodes on it. 

Just shows how much influence and power in the UK he really had. 

Probably still has tbf.