BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Absolutely love The Walking Dead, the pedestrian pace of the last season notwithstanding. The return of the awesome Michael Rooker only makes me want to see this more.

As to the rest of this thread, has anyone mentioned the criminally cancelled How To Make It In America?

Edited by Rovermatt

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched season 1 of Breaking Bad, Flippin amazing!!!, cant believe this one passed be by for so long(The Wire effect!), Sky did a real poor job with advertising this show(they made it just seem like a light comedy about crack dealers).

On the plus side though at least now ive got a massive chunk of great tv to get stuck into.

What does everyone think of the new season of Breaking Bad so far?

South Park, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Arrested Development, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Californication, True Blood, American Horror Story, Entourage, Blackadder, Summer Heights High and Misfits are among my favourite shows.....I highly recommend all of them.

Prison Break, Lost (Seasons 1 and 2 mainly, 3-5 is alright, 6 is awful), Heroes (Seasons 1 and 2), Futurama, American Dad, The Inbetweeners (Seasons 1 and 2), Trailer Park Boys (Early Seasons), Angry Boys, The Mighty Boosh, Peep Show, Nathan Barley and The Boondocks are good as well

The Wire, The Sopranos, Treme, Spartucus, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, Oz, Rome, Mad Men, The Walking Dead and Underbelly have all been recommended....but I'm undecided on what to watch next.......I have seen quite a few episodes of Sopranos over the years but I feel not enough happens during an episode so you need to watch it back to back.....The Wire is the thing that I've heard the best things about......as for the others if anyone seriously recommends it then feel free to try and sell it to me, I'll watch the one that I hear the best things about.

What does everyone think of the new season of Breaking Bad so far?

South Park, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Arrested Development, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Californication, True Blood, American Horror Story, Entourage, Blackadder, Summer Heights High and Misfits are among my favourite shows.....I highly recommend all of them.

Prison Break, Lost (Seasons 1 and 2 mainly, 3-5 is alright, 6 is awful), Heroes (Seasons 1 and 2), Futurama, American Dad, The Inbetweeners (Seasons 1 and 2), Trailer Park Boys (Early Seasons), Angry Boys, The Mighty Boosh, Peep Show, Nathan Barley and The Boondocks are good as well

The Wire, The Sopranos, Treme, Spartucus, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, Oz, Rome, Mad Men, The Walking Dead and Underbelly have all been recommended....but I'm undecided on what to watch next.......I have seen quite a few episodes of Sopranos over the years but I feel not enough happens during an episode so you need to watch it back to back.....The Wire is the thing that I've heard the best things about......as for the others if anyone seriously recommends it then feel free to try and sell it to me, I'll watch the one that I hear the best things about.

30 Rock and Parks and Recreation are hilarious shows. Hell On Wheels just started its second season and is pretty good. The Killing (the American version) just finished season 2 and is outstanding. I haven't seen the Danish version but that's supposed to be great too. Borgen is worth a watch. Treme will be back for season 3 soon enough which I can't wait for.

Strike Back: Vengeance is out next week. Looking forward to that - really enjoyed the first two series.

Watched Spartacus: Blood and Sand when it came out, thought it was fantastic. 'Gods of the Arena' was reasonably good too (gave the back story to many of the gladiators). Really can't get in to Spartacus: Vengeance as Andy Whitfield isn't playing the title character. The new guy has zero charisma whereas Andy oozed it.

As for Breaking Bad - saw season 1 a while ago, really enjoyed it. Working my way through season 2 now - it's definitely a step down, although still entertaining.

I've heard good things but I'm not into Sci-Fi....would you class it as that.....as in i'm not into stuff like Star Trek and the like, not necessarily any science-fiction programme.

It's nothing like that. I was put off for years due to similar reasoning. You'll not regret it.

Make sure you watch the miniseries first which is set prior to season 1. Essential to knowing what's going on. There are similar spin-off productions explaining larger elements of the story. These were released during the course of the five seasons but they're not as essential.

Edited by Rovermatt

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with most on the Prison Break, 24 etc sadly don't get to watch much of the good ones on telly as been out in Canada for a couple of years and can't stand the amount of ad breaks and waiting weeks between episodes so just catch some on Netflix when I get chance. Seen it mentioned once or twice but loved Underbelly would definitely recommend that to anyone looking for a new watch. Loved Rescue Me early on and all of The Shield too.

• 2 weeks later...

!!!!No Spoilers here!!!!

Just finished watching season 5(eps 1-8) of Breaking Bad, Bloody hell that was heavy!, i didnt think it could get much darker than the last couple of seasons but season 5 really is like staring into a black hole and seeing no light at the end of it(and very little humour in this season), dont get me wrong its still as great as ever just seriously nerve shreddingly tense and as bleak as it gets.

pist of that we have to wait another year for the final halve of season 5, i only started watching the show recently because i was told the currenet season would be the final, so there would be no waiting a year(bit of a cop out that they decided to split the season in two).

The last episode was awesome. The conflation of penny metaphors (spending/dropping) was very clever.

you'v gone over my head a little their mate.

I just thought poor Jessie, hes just been left a pathetic shadow of his former self because of Walt(who is now just a complete sociopath), dont know why but i had a feeling the final episode was going to end with Walts son going off and smoking meth somwhere!(it didnt happen though).

Edited by hardly1980

The penny dropping while spending a penny.

ahhh get ya(doh!), Was that an intentional metaphor?, I always thought 'to spend a penny' was just an obscure old english saying(because my grandma was the only person i ever really heard use it).

I think the final episodes next year will mainly be Walt Vs Hank and i hope Jessie gets some kind of a happy ending(but i doubt it).

Edited by hardly1980