BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Club Blackburn

Tom

• Backroom

Has anyone heard much about this? I hadn't heard of it until Ste mentioned it on facebook but they have a website and facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/FootballClubBlackburn

Football Club Blackburn

For me it's a bit early yet for something this drastic but I suppose if people feel strongly enough about it then fair enough. I don't think we have the fan power to be as successful as FC United though but time will tell.

Opinions?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I must admit I don't get comments like this:

i will still follow rovers allthe way this team is gonna be my protest just like fc united fans

Either support it fully or what's the point? Not much of a protest that way is it?

PS Anyone heard of these so called Rovers Radicals?

What a waste of time, we barely have enough fans to compete with other in the premier league without starting another team.

There is only one Blackburn Rovers, it can;t be replaced, even if Venkys take us to league 2, still can't just swap teams.

Has anyone heard much about this? I hadn't heard of it until Ste mentioned it on facebook but they have a website and facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/FootballClubBlackburn

Football Club Blackburn

For me it's a bit early yet for something this drastic but I suppose if people feel strongly enough about it then fair enough. I don't think we have the fan power to be as successful as FC United though but time will tell.

Opinions?

Even if there was a ground to play on, the cost of running a team in the Vodkat league is around £35,000 per year

now at £6.00 entry, you would only need 5,834 supporters over the whole season, approx 19 home games plus cups.

Thats only a gate of 310 for league games alone, however, to push on to the higher leagues would take far more, a lorra lorra more money!

FC Rovers of Blackburn anyone?

• Backroom

What concerns me is it's a case of 'copying the bigger boys'

I don't see how it can be a success personally but I can't have a go at anybody for doing what they think is right. I certainly wont be switching alligencies anyway, Venkys may be bad for the club but its still Rovers.

One thing in the mission statement I don't get is:

As the Rao family continue to destroy our club, there will no longer be a Blackburn Rovers to support when they leave the club after relegation this season.

If they think the Rao's will sell next season then why not just support the team whatever league we drop to instead of jumping ship?

Glenn - If you see this, maybe you could make it into a debate topic, it would be interested to see some varying opinions on it.

There is only one Blackburn Rovers, it can;t be replaced, even if Venkys take us to league 2, still can't just swap teams.

To scratch beneath the surface of that comment.... Apart from Ewood park, the blue and white halves and a few low paid staff Blackburn Rovers FC has absolutely nothing connecting it with the town anymore. I'm guessing but FC Blackburn would have much stronger links with our town and it's citizens.

F.C Blackburn are against the Rao takeover and not B.R.F.C.

AFC Liverpool was set up but is not particularly 'against' the real Liverpool... but were disgruntled with the owner's at the time and also wanted to offer fans the chance to see a lower level commited team that didn't revolve around money or stardom (as far as I am aware).

Even if there was a ground to play on, the cost of running a team in the Vodkat league is around £35,000 per year

now at £6.00 entry, you would only need 5,834 supporters over the whole season, approx 19 home games plus cups.

Thats only a gate of 310 for league games alone, however, to push on to the higher leagues would take far more, a lorra lorra more money!

FC Rovers of Blackburn anyone?

It would give identity back to the town but how far could actually go ? FC United gone up quite a bit in the pyramid but as you all know it costs money

To scratch beneath the surface of that comment.... Apart from Ewood park, the blue and white halves and a few low paid staff Blackburn Rovers FC has absolutely nothing connecting it with the town anymore. I'm guessing but FC Blackburn would have much stronger links with our town and it's citizens.

This could become a very interesting topic

Absolutely gobsmacked by this,the `AGM` part is absolutely hilarious! They have listed future aspirations as:

Future aspirations

Plans to be discussed at the first AGM

• Winning promotion in three successive seasons to take the club to EvoStick Premier League by 2015.

• Reaching an average of 2,000 supporters per home game by 2015.

• Building our own 5,000 – 10,000 capacity stadium, as central to Blackburn as possible, by 2018.

• Developing our own training facilities by 2014.

• Starting a youth set up for the 2013-2014 season.

:lol::lol::lol:

So they expect to mirror the success of FC United?

Jesus wept!

Ever thought that they may be intending to mirror the success of Blackburn Rovers in seeing off and replacing Blackburn Olympic? :rock:

I understand but I may be wrong that BRFC was the club of the common man whereas Blackburn Olympic were more elite. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

No place for 'Rovers' I take it.

As I've never referred to us as 'Blackburn' in my life, Football Club Blackburn means bugger all to me. The Rovers is the badge of honour all true Blackburnians and those from further afield get behind.

Who are these people anyway?

Pointless and unsustainable I'm afraid...

pointless no.. unsustainable got to agree..how far can it be took and to what level as it costs the further up the pyramid you go as FCutd are finding out...but congratulations to AFC Wimbledon they have achieved there aim and goal they set out with from 6 or 7 years back !

I would prefer that the energy & money were channelled into exploring how to get BRFC into a supporter trust ownership type model - that way we still have BRFC, the Raos will have departed and the club belongs to the fans. The realistic cost of that however would probably be several relegations and a long haul back. For what it's worth I'd rather haul BRFC back up than form a clone club.

I have to giggle at some people on here.

A group of people who are disgruntled and disillusioned with the club want to form a club they have a connection with, where they have a say and the club is run by people who have genuine affection for that club. Fair play id say.

The club is quickly loosing its identity, there is no harm in striving for the utopia of having a say in how your club is run.

And if anything, they should revive Blackburn Olympic.

What a load of rubbish. I doubt it will go anywhere though. There are plenty of already existing non-league clubs around they can support. Did Rossendale Utd recently fold? Give them cash instead.

I've met a few FC United fans too, they are a real bunch of jokers.

Archived