BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Club Blackburn

Tom

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, they copy and pasted the FC United stuff from their website.... its identical - almost word for word.

And did they really approach the Vodkat league?

tto late for the coming season

What a load of rubbish. I doubt it will go anywhere though. There are plenty of already existing non-league clubs around they can support. Did Rossendale Utd recently fold? Give them cash instead.

I've met a few FC United fans too, they are a real bunch of jokers.

Why call people for trying something they believe in , from the people for the people and not for big corporate business

Guest Rovers4Good

ha ha funny s**t man it would be very funny to see what happens but can't see them doing much especially when there base is on Whitebirk Industrial Estate :)

It's very unfortunate but in todays climate not many of these have the finance and the back up to become sustainable :(

I have to giggle at some people on here.

A group of people who are disgruntled and disillusioned with the club want to form a club they have a connection with, where they have a say and the club is run by people who have genuine affection for that club. Fair play id say.

The club is quickly loosing its identity, there is no harm in striving for the utopia of having a say in how your club is run.

And if anything, they should revive Blackburn Olympic.

Fair enough, if they are a new club for Blackburn. Why ae they using blue and white halves? Should be the green of the Borough of Blackburn no?

So, are they a new Blackburn club or a BRFC protest offshoot?

Why call people for trying something they believe in , from the people for the people and not for big corporate business

Because they are being shortsighted and clueless.

As I've already said, they should put their time, effort, and cash into an exsiting non-league club. They could even start with an amateur team. They are run by people who do so voluntarily. They generally have an elected committee too.

If Rovers are flying high(ish) in Novemeber, with Venky's having put their hand in their pocket to sign a few players interest will wain.

• Backroom

Fair enough, if they are a new club for Blackburn. Why ae they using blue and white halves? Should be the green of the Borough of Blackburn no?

So, are they a new Blackburn club or a BRFC protest offshoot?

Well they quote 'Arte et Labore' in their mission statement.

I'm not sure they know what they want to be fully

As I've never referred to us as 'Blackburn' in my life, Football Club Blackburn means bugger all to me. The Rovers is the badge of honour all true Blackburnians and those from further afield get behind.

HEAR! HEAR!

We all know its not rosy down at Ewood but I find it all nothing more than mischief making,trying to take away support from an already limited fanbase.

<_<

OK. Sweet. Everyone who wants to can go and do it, but bare in mind it forfeits your right to make demands for yourself from the club, question them whilst maintaining you deserve answers or call yourself a fan of Blackburn Rovers. Doing that is breaking all ties with whatever you think Blackburn Rovers has now become. Enjoy yourself and leave us alone.

Pointless and unsustainable I'm afraid...

At present it would seem so..... but if BRFC under the Venkey mob are to hit the buffers and encounter relegation leading to administration / bankruptcy etc? FC Blackburn could easily lift off.

The difference between hindsight and foresight can be massive.

At present it would seem so..... but if BRFC under the Venkey mob are to hit the buffers and encounter relegation leading to administration / bankruptcy etc? FC Blackburn could easily lift off.

The difference between hindsight and foresight can be massive.

Looking at who the people are who are starting this, if Rovers ended I'd support nobody.

And if anything, they should revive Blackburn Olympic.

I'd go along with that except that if it were to succeed and grow in the long term it would need to lose Blackburn from the name altogether as it closes off a large target market.

Lancashire Olympic perhaps? ;)

Looking at who the people are who are starting this, if Rovers ended I'd support nobody.

Thats entirely your call. No doubt plenty said the same when Blackburn Olympic folded too.

No thanks, I support Blackburn Rovers, always have, always will despite my growing hatred of all things in professional football - it's called an emotional attachment, any other Blackburn team would mean nothing to me. Anyway, got a cracking non-league club right on my doorstep thanks.

I agree with it being an emotional attachment. After all, it's rare for die hard fans to choose their clubs. They are usually passed on to them from a parent. And it is the shared memories with my Dad, with my friends at school, and my own introduction into a sport I absolutely love which makes Blackburn Rovers so special. I don't feel that connection with Blackburn itself and so when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter that it's Blackburn Rovers deep down. My love for this club has grown through thick and thin.

I couldn't feel it for another team, it's why I can't support England. I don't feel anything for that team. I have certain memories, but most of the players involved were players I didn't like playing for clubs I didn't like. I wanted the Rovers players to do well and I didn't care if they lost. But that's a side point.

No thanks, I support Blackburn Rovers, always have, always will despite my growing hatred of all things in professional football - it's called an emotional attachment, any other Blackburn team would mean nothing to me. Anyway, got a cracking non-league club right on my doorstep thanks.

I agree with it being an emotional attachment. After all, it's rare for die hard fans to choose their clubs. They are usually passed on to them from a parent. And it is the shared memories with my Dad, with my friends at school, and my own introduction into a sport I absolutely love which makes Blackburn Rovers so special. I don't feel that connection with Blackburn itself and so when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter that it's Blackburn Rovers deep down. My love for this club has grown through thick and thin.

I couldn't feel it for another team, it's why I can't support England. I don't feel anything for that team. I have certain memories, but most of the players involved were players I didn't like playing for clubs I didn't like. I wanted the Rovers players to do well and I didn't care if they lost. But that's a side point.

Looks like I have the same basic ideas as you 2. Supporting Rovers is now more of an affliction than a source of excitement. I've supported them since I was a youngster, and I'm not going to stop, even if we do end up in League 2. Being a fan is something tangible that relates to where I'm from. I do support England though.

Setting up a new club is plain daft in my eyes.

Guest Rovers4Good

It would be funny if their sponser was KFC or Dickie Fried Chicken. :)

Let's face it it's not going to last and when the run out of money they'll be winging their way back to the fortress. :)

Rebel Rovers fans to set up FC Blackburn

One of the fans behind FC Blackburn is 21-year-old Tom Keighley, the grandson of former Blackburn Rovers chairman, Derek Keighley, who presided over the club in the 1970s.

Tom said events at the club over the last year, which include the Venky’s takeover, player departures and the loss of figures such as John Williams, meant he and many others will no longer attend Ewood Park.

Go on with you. It's just like a marriage. Most people love their partners when they get married and are interested in no one else, they dont even look at any one else. Soon as things go sour and divorce comes along that love turns to intense burning hatred and it's not very long before they have put No1 behind them and are marching down the aisle with their new love. :rolleyes:

Rebel Rovers fans to set up FC Blackburn

One of the fans behind FC Blackburn is 21-year-old Tom Keighley, the grandson of former Blackburn Rovers chairman, Derek Keighley, who presided over the club in the 1970s.

Tom said events at the club over the last year, which include the Venky’s takeover, player departures and the loss of figures such as John Williams, meant he and many others will no longer attend Ewood Park.

Bloody good Chairman was Deryck Keighley. Turned the club around and brought in Howard Kendall. Not a turn around on the scale of Jack Walker's because of the Walker wealth but he certainly gave it his best shot. Like JW's his early death was a tragedy.

Good luck Tom.

They lost all respect for me when whoever they have doing their publicity and spammed our facebook wall identified themselves as "John Williams". No credibility what so ever.

I've just discovered from your post that we have one Glenn. Whats it do and whats it for?

btw half the posters on here appear to be John Willaims. :rolleyes:

Go on with you. It's just like a marriage. Most people love their partners when they get married and are interested in no one else, they dont even look at any one else. Soon as things go sour and divorce comes along that love turns to intense burning hatred and it's not very long before they have put No1 behind them and are marching down the aisle with their new love. :rolleyes:

What a load of garbage. It's tribalism not marriage.

Archived