BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Club Blackburn

Tom

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just discovered from your post that we have one Glenn. Whats it do and whats it for?

It serves two purposes, the summaries of new news stories are automatically pushed to it (which reminds people we're here) but mainly it so I can keep people updated on the status of the site when it's down (i.e. yes, we know, it'll be back soon).

Go on with you. It's just like a marriage. Most people love their partners when they get married and are interested in no one else, they dont even look at any one else. Soon as things go sour and divorce comes along that love turns to intense burning hatred and it's not very long before they have put No1 behind them and are marching down the aisle with their new love. :rolleyes:

What a load of garbage. It's tribalism not marriage.

Tribalism? Now there's a thing. This should really be discussed on the ask admin race thread. A couple of years ago Paul refused to believe there is such a thing when I put much of what is perceived racism into that compartment. How do you stand with that roger?

Tribalism? Now there's a thing. This should really be discussed on the ask admin race thread. A couple of years ago Paul refused to believe there is such a thing when I put much of what is perceived racism into that compartment. How do you stand with that roger?

Who mentioned racism..you.

Tribalism doesn't necessarily involve racism.

Read the history of native american tribes. I don't hate every other football club.

Pull your pants up, it might muffle your voice.

This lot aren't rovers fans. This is s blackburn SUPPORTERS website. When I get back from hk will work something out but don't want to give these chancers the oxygen of publicity.

Too harsh Stevieboy. Methinks he doth protest too much.

I'll wager that they have as many years supporting Blackburn rovers as most on here. Tom's Grandad was Chairman even. What I would suggest is that they are not Venkey supporters. Might be interesting to have a pint or two with them to see what they are about. Personally back around Christmas I thought buying into the new AFC Darwen and reforming it as and embryonic Lancashire United might have been fun. ;) Might still be an option. FC Blackburn are going to need decent ground facilities unless they are considering sharing somewhere.

btw Ste you might like to add 'rovers' to your post to avoid confusion.

thenodrog, on 30 July 2011 - 16:11 PM, said:

...... when I put much of what is perceived racism into that compartment.(Tribalism )

rogerjonesgloves........Tribalism doesn't necessarily involve racism.

Nice to see that you agree with me.

You seem at touch sensitive. Somebody used you to wipe the floor with have they? :P

Pull your pants up, it might muffle your voice.

Can you ever actually make a point without throwing in an insult too? All to often I find my self agreeing with you in principal but then you throw it all away by cheap name calling.

As Ste says, this has always been a forum for Blackburn Rovers Supporters, not those that turn their back on the club. I'd welcome each and every one of them back to Ewood, but to me KFC Blackburn or whatever they are called are akin to Stanley, nothing against them, but nowt to do with MY club.

Don't let us stop you joining them Gord! :)

Before I reserve a directors box seat for you ADB please remind me what (apart from the tea lady and the office staff) connection BRFC actually has with the town of Blackburn these days.

Take your time ADB cos I'm off for a quick visit to Marple Leafs blog... ;)

Too harsh Stevieboy. Methinks he doth protest too much.

I'll wager that they have as many years supporting Blackburn rovers as most on here. Tom's Grandad was Chairman even. What I would suggest is that they are not Venkey supporters. Might be interesting to have a pint or two with them to see what they are about. Personally back around Christmas I thought buying into the new AFC Darwen and reforming it as and embryonic Lancashire United might have been fun. ;) Might still be an option. FC Blackburn are going to need decent ground facilities unless they are considering sharing somewhere.

Sorry, but if they are Rovers supporters but not Venky's supporters that should do what others have done and tried to do something about it, rather than taking their ball home. Venky's will come and go, Kean will come and go, but it'll always be Blackburn Rovers.

Can you ever actually make a point without throwing in an insult too? All to often I find my self agreeing with you in principal but then you throw it all away by cheap name calling.

As Ste says, this has always been a forum for Blackburn Rovers Supporters, not those that turn their back on the club. I'd welcome each and every one of them back to Ewood, but to me KFC Blackburn or whatever they are called are akin to Stanley, nothing against them, but nowt to do with MY club.

And why are certain others allowed to insult and make disgusting racist, demeaning and offensive remarks with nothing said. I'm sure you know who I mean.

Before I reserve a directors box seat for you ADB please remind me what (apart from the tea lady and the office staff) connection BRFC actually has with the town of Blackburn these days.

Take your time ADB cos I'm off for a quick visit to Marple Leafs blog... ;)

Most of the staff are generally local, some of the players and most importantly of all, the fans.

No thanks on the directors box, I'm fine and dry in the Darwen End. ;)

And why are certain others allowed to insult and make disgusting racist, demeaning and offensive remarks with nothing said. I'm sure you know who I mean.

You mean Gord. I'm well aware of that and he'll be the first to tell you he's had years of grief for it too (which is magical when you consider "nothing is said", although I suppose nothing WAS said when he spent an entire close season unable to post.). Still doesn't make it right. I'm just getting fed up with debate degenerating into insults and what makes it worse in your case is you're actually putting up some sensible reasoned arguments !

.... and this has nothing to do some some breakaway wannabe club.

Read this in the telegraph, Personally I think your either a Blackburn Rovers fan or your not, If they want to support a different team why not go support Accy Stanley. The people setting this up and supporting it are a joke and If they can switch there Allegiance this quick then the club is better of without them.. don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You mean Gord. I'm well aware of that and he'll be the first to tell you he's had years of grief for it too (which is magical when you consider "nothing is said", although I suppose nothing WAS said when he spent an entire close season unable to post.). Still doesn't make it right. I'm just getting fed up with debate degenerating into insults and what makes it worse in your case is you're actually putting up some sensible reasoned arguments !

.... and this has nothing to do some some breakaway wannabe club.

Point taken, i'll just continue to burn 'em with my searing intellect. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read this in the telegraph, Personally I think your either a Blackburn Rovers fan or your not, If they want to support a different team why not go support Accy Stanley. The people setting this up and supporting it are a joke and If they can switch there elegance this quick then the club is better of without them.. don't let the door hit you on the way out.

They wouldn't leave very elegantly if that happened would they pick? ^_^

You mean Gord. I'm well aware of that and he'll be the first to tell you he's had years of grief for it too (which is magical when you consider "nothing is said", although I suppose nothing WAS said when he spent an entire close season unable to post.).

'Save Drog' or whatever it was called certainly helped pass a rather boring close season Glenn. Just wish I'd been able to join in more. ^_^

btw Not heard much "sorry Gord you were right all along" from many members re:the cause of the ban (and certainly not from the snidier ones). I'll just take comfort from the fact that as usual I was right..... unfortunately :( .

No thanks on the directors box, I'm fine and dry in the Darwen End. ;)

Numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 fans are in Pune.

btw When it gets cold in winter you'll be able to make a nice warm nest out of the tumbleweed. ^_^

Read this in the telegraph, Personally I think your either a Blackburn Rovers fan or your not, If they want to support a different team why not go support Accy Stanley. The people setting this up and supporting it are a joke and If they can switch there Alligiance this quick then the club is better of without them.. don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Try again Pick. :lol:

Archived