BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

nightlife in blackburn

I'm sure plenty on here will be able to help me with this :D

Me and my mate are coming to Blackburn on the 27th to watch Blackburn vs everton. Seen as though we don't know Blackburn we was basically just looking for a group of pubs or clubs all close to each other so we can have a decent drink after the game.

I come last year with my misses for the Birmingham game and ended up just finding the weatherspoons and just stayed in there all night seen as though we didn't know anywhere else close to walk to.

Any info would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

I'm sure plenty on here will be able to help me with this :D

Me and my mate are coming to Blackburn on the 27th to watch Blackburn vs everton. Seen as though we don't know Blackburn we was basically just looking for a group of pubs or clubs all close to each other so we can have a decent drink after the game.

I come last year with my misses for the Birmingham game and ended up just finding the weatherspoons and just stayed in there all night seen as though we didn't know anywhere else close to walk to.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Blackburn Stations the best place for you..... You can catch a train to Preston or Clitheroe.

• Like 3

Haha a few people have said that to me in the past but we want really looking to go anywhere else other than Blackburn as we're stopping at the travelodge and trying to cut out any more travelling

Buy a crate of beer, go back to the travelodge and watch TV! The nightlife in Blackburn nowadays is terrible.

Failing that, Postal Order, Molloys, Barzooka & Stage Door are the places to go!

Ah not sounding good then. Before I come to seen as though Blackburn was bigger than scunthorpe I thought the night life was going to be good, scunthorpes got a decent night life and its not that big.

Shame that a town can go downhill like it has then.

Regan where abouts are these bars in relevance to the weatherspoons then?

Ah not sounding good then. Before I come to seen as though Blackburn was bigger than scunthorpe I thought the night life was going to be good, scunthorpes got a decent night life and its not that big.

Shame that a town can go downhill like it has then.

Regan where abouts are these bars in relevance to the weatherspoons then?

The weatherspoons is the Postal Order, its down as A on the map below

The best but still ###### order of a night out in Blackburn

And talk about going downhill....you could have a great night out Wednesday, Friday & Saturday in Blackburn a good few years ago, nowadays its dead every night. Still, your best bet is to drink at your travelodge :lol:

The weatherspoons is the Postal Order, its down as A on the map below

The best but still ###### order of a night out in Blackburn

And talk about going downhill....you could have a great night out Wednesday, Friday & Saturday in Blackburn a good few years ago, nowadays its dead every night. Still, your best bet is to drink at your travelodge :lol:

I thought Jazzy Kex was shut? :rock:

btw Good bar near there on Victoria Street last time I was in town (about 5 years ago) was Barzooka on Victoria St. Hope it's surviving.

The downward path that the social scene Blackburn has descended is absolutely bloody criminal. I feel so sorry for the young now.... and worst of all it's all happened on my watch! But what can anybody do when the dice is so heavily stacked against?

So sorry to all you kids. We had the best and we've stood and watched whilst it all got dismantled. :(

Edited by thenodrog

Yer must be bad, but then again people are getting priced out of going to pubs now anyway. Think the governments got a big say in why it got dismantled and the brewerys.

Just quickly looking at the map there doesn't seem to be a cluster of pubs at all then, and only one club? Looking like we might have to travel then lol. Don't fancy a crate and a travelodge tele, if we lose I'd end up right depressed!

Is there a pub within walking distance of ewood that's got a decent outside and a pool table? would it be best to go into Blackburn or go to darwen

I thought Jazzy Kex was shut? :rock:

btw Good bar near there on Victoria Street last time I was in town (about 5 years ago) was Barzooka on Victoria St. Hope it's surviving.

Jazzy's has shut, I put Barzooka in the google map search and for some reason it chose Jazzy's :huh:

Think nightlife is the only thing Burnley has on Blackburn...

Your probably best off going to Darwen, the Last Orders has cheap beer and a pool table, then you've got the Bridgewater (Smith&Jones pub), Millstone & a few other decent ones

Edited by ReganBRFC

When I come to watch a match I never venture into town.

We start at 12 having a few drinks in the Aqueduct and take in the atmosphere. We then go and watch the match and have a couple in the Manxman/Furnhurst/Aqueduct after the game has finished before going back to the Blues Bar at Ewood where we have found a few times there has been something going on (Cheesy Disco or something but by that time its kind of welcome). There have been a few times where we have managed to get into the blues bar after the game and caught up with a few from here and spent the night drinking away.

Much much better than going into a noise fest of a club with over priced ale and no conversation or banter to be had because of the racket.

I used to goto a club on top of a car park called Peppermint Palace (or something like that). It was ok but again it always really loud and it did my head it.

This could be because I am getting older of course and the reverse of the above will suit others better :P

When I come to watch a match I never venture into town.

We start at 12 having a few drinks in the Aqueduct and take in the atmosphere. We then go and watch the match and have a couple in the Manxman/Furnhurst/Aqueduct after the game has finished before going back to the Blues Bar at Ewood where we have found a few times there has been something going on (Cheesy Disco or something but by that time its kind of welcome). There have been a few times where we have managed to get into the blues bar after the game and caught up with a few from here and spent the night drinking away.

Much much better than going into a noise fest of a club with over priced ale and no conversation or banter to be had because of the racket.

I used to goto a club on top of a car park called Peppermint Palace (or something like that). It was ok but again it always really loud and it did my head it.

This could be because I am getting older of course and the reverse of the above will suit others better :P

I thought the fernhurst was away supporters only on matchdays? Or is that only before the match?

Also isnt the blue bars only available for season ticket holders aswell? Or is this a pre match thing aswell, cheers for ur help

Edited by scunnyrover

I thought the fernhurst was away supporters only on match days? Or is that only before the match?

Also isn't the blue bars only available for season ticket holders as well? Or is this a pre match thing as well, cheers for ur help

I have stayed at the Fernhurst the night before a game and on the day of a game. Yes away fans stay there but as long as you are not being an idiot you should be fine. They normally clear off after the game anyway. Our first drink is at the Aqueduct anyway so we don't hang around there before the match. Nice food in there as well and cheap if you want to get some food after the game (a couple of hours after).

Regarding the blues bar. We have tried our luck a few times and got in if its not been to full (45 mins after the game has finished). Other times we have pre arranged tickets that we have paid the club for - I am going back years about these but there have been times we have had the same tickets for free - again, this is going back a bit.

Depends what your into mate, im 19 an go out in Blackburn regularly, jazzys is not closed, barzooka is okay as is live lounge! Still very poor compared to Preston i'd say go there.

Depends how we feel really, where abouts is barzooka? Couldn't see it on map Regan did. Suppose we'll jus av to wander round then n keep gettin taxis lol :D ya might even stumble across us, 2 24yr olds with a lincolnshire accent.

Where abouts is aqueduct? Last time I cum with my misses

we was drinking before the game in a pub up livesy branch road on the right just past maccies.

Is there a pub within walking distance of ewood that's got a decent outside and a pool table? would it be best to go into Blackburn or go to darwen

Depends what you want. Here's two

Station, Cherry Tree. 1.5 miles from Ewood. Outside facilities, pool table, Chippy opposite. Quite lively and gets v busy on a Sat night. Excellent if you like a scrap too! It's about 100 yards from Cherry Tree station on the Balckburn to Preston line.

Butlers Arms, Pleasington. Approx 2.5 miles from ewood. Village pub. Outside facilities, pool table and decent food menu and a choice of beers and lagers..... and it's 200 yards from Pleasington Station on the Blackburn to Preston line.

Depends what you want. Here's two

Station, Cherry Tree. 1.5 miles from Ewood. Outside facilities, pool table, Chippy opposite. Quite lively and gets v busy on a Sat night. Excellent if you like a scrap too! It's about 100 yards from Cherry Tree station on the Balckburn to Preston line.

Butlers Arms, Pleasington. Approx 2.5 miles from ewood. Village pub. Outside facilities, pool table and decent food menu and a choice of beers and lagers..... and it's 200 yards from Pleasington Station on the Blackburn to Preston line.

Cheers, both sound like good places for a few drinks afterwards before we do anything else. I just found it a little strange because in scunthorpe if you go into the town centre there's about 10 clubs n numerous pubs all on the high street and streets off it. Seen as tho Blackburn is bigger I presumed it would be the same, its a shame really

Edited by scunnyrover

Cheers, both sound like good places for a few drinks afterwards before we do anything else. I just found it a little strange because in scunthorpe if you go into the town centre there's about 10 clubs n numerous pubs all on the high street and streets off it. Seen as tho Blackburn is bigger I presumed it would be the same, its a shame really

It was scunny... until about 10 years ago. Unfortunately the majority of the town's younger population are tee total these days and as a result any real town centre nightlife has been killed off and the younger drinkers have been forced to seek pastures new in Clitheroe, Manchester and Preston.

On the plus side though you can buy a kebab on virtually every street corner, masses of drugs available too if you either want or need them and taxi's are two a penny. Enjoy.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 4
  • Downvote 1