BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup

Well er yeah actually, given that he stated so in the first place which is what provoked the reaction! In fact, if I remember correctly he/she didn't just want Rovers to lose, they wanted us to get thumped (or words to that effect). And if you actually read what he/she wrote they were having a bit of a dig at the poster who couldn't understand why anyone would want Rovers to lose in the first place, ("People like you" I think it said). I'm sure he/she is big enough to take it as well as give it out.

I hope Rovers put 7 past Wednesday tonight, gain loads of confidence and improve the league form and results on the back of it - but if others want us to 'get thumped' then we really are in a mess.

Well, we are in a mess but I assume you mean when the fans are arguing between themselves?

Just to be clear I'm as anti Steve Kean as most people now seem to be but my objection to someone purporting to be a Rovers fan yet actively wanting us to get hammered at home by a 3rd tier team is based on this;

What do you think the reaction would be if someone jumped up and cheered an opposition goal on the Blackburn End? They'd probably get a smack in the mouth just as a few United fans got one when they did it last season in the Jack Walker lower tier.

Effectively celebrating an opposition goal through a keyboard was bound to provoke a reaction, was it not?

I agree with you that T4E's view is an unusual way to 'support' his or her team, but I disagree that it somehow makes them 'not a true Rovers fan', though I can understand why you might think that.

In respect of the 'bigger picture' argument, well that's a difficult one. Football is a bit more emotive than that I think.

Edit: Kean seems to have named a strong squad for tonight's game.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Keans in a no win situation with his team selection for tomorrow night. If he plays a "full strength" team and somebody gets injured, he'll be critised. If he try's to put out a team of younsters and the new players, He'll be critised!

A no win situation? Give over, all he needs to do is beat first division Sheffield Wednesday. If he loses - and I don't expect him to - he'll get what he deserves.

'bout time Kean started to realise that football's not about fancy tactics, it's about winning games, whichever way that needs.

Wendy have sold about 1,000 tickets at close of play today,expect about 1,500 on the night.

One thing for sure, we'll have more than the 4k burnley had on last night.

Best supported team in the world burnley you know, per head of population 'divided' by the number of hills in pendle 'times' bridges on the M65.......... :D

I wouldn't be expecting too many on tonight - just sorted our tickets out and after requesting to see the availability around our usual seats at the back of the Blackburn End the lad said "you can take your pick, I have never known it as quiet"

Maybe BA Balaji will see the lack of support there tonight as a Kean Out protest

Wendy have sold about 1,000 tickets at close of play today,expect about 1,500 on the night.

Is she selling tickets as well as doing the interviews? I know Raos are cutting every job they can but...................................................... ;)

Love this post, is there such a thing as 100% in life bar death?

Expect this to be a tough game with Rovers playing a weakened first 11 and Wednesday up for the game and trying to take a scalp of a bigger team.

Wednesday are very suspect at the back against pace and a bit of trickery which should mean Rochina/Formica/Hoilett can have some fun.

They are basic but physical going forwards.

For all our weaknesses, we can put out a team including quite a few squad players hich Wednesday are perfectly set up for us to get a result against.

Plus they have a rarity- a manager who is not that much better than Kean so we might not get outwitted in the clash of the dugouts for once.

Wednesday are very suspect at the back against pace and a bit of trickery which should mean Rochina/Formica/Hoilett can have some fun.

They are basic but physical going forwards.

For all our weaknesses, we can put out a team including quite a few squad players hich Wednesday are perfectly set up for us to get a result against.

Plus they have a rarity- a manager who is not that much better than Kean so we might not get outwitted in the clash of the dugouts for once.

My comment was tongue in cheek Phillip, can't believe I am saying this but I agree with you :P

Fully expect Rovers to win by at least two clear goals. This has been toned down as initially thoughts were of three to four goal victory for the Rovers.

Should be interesting to see the new attacking players. :brfc:

I see QPR, Norwich and Swansea have all shown where their priorities lie this season!

IMO Keans in a no win situation with his team selection for tomorrow night. If he plays a "full strength" team and somebody gets injured, he'll be critised. If he try's to put out a team of younsters and the new players, He'll be critised!

Haha and QPR played Bothroyd and Taarabt as well.. Warnock can shut up about his 'we don't care' nonsense.

Congrats to the Dale on a fantastic win at Loftus Road!!

Let's hope Rovers can keep my spirits buoyed with an emphatic victory tonight.

Rovers win for me 2-0

I hope we mix it up tonight and have a mixture of youth and experience.

Bunn

Ribeiro Hanley Givet Henley

Petrovic Lowe

Rochina Formica Pedersen

Goodwillie

Something like that maybe. We certainly need to find out what Ribeiro is like now that Emerton is leaving. There is a similar argument for Lowe given how crap our central midfield is.

Is she selling tickets as well as doing the interviews? I know Raos are cutting every job they can but...................................................... ;)

I don't think she is-she certainly wasn't on Radio Rovers after the Wolves match.

I hope we mix it up tonight and have a mixture of youth and experience.

Bunn

Ribeiro Hanley Givet Henley

Petrovic Lowe

Rochina Formica Pedersen

Goodwillie

Something like that maybe. We certainly need to find out what Ribeiro is like now that Emerton is leaving. There is a similar argument for Lowe given how crap our central midfield is.

But it looks like Henley isnt in the squad and Myles bloody Anderson is???

How on earth has that happened!!

• Backroom

I like the look of the team tonight excited to see petrovic, rochina, Formica and goodwillie :)

#Rovers starting XI: Bunn, Emerton, Olsson, Givet, Hanley, N'Zonzi, Petrovic, Rochina, MGP [Captain], Formica, Goodwillie.

Well er yeah actually, given that he stated so in the first place which is what provoked the reaction! In fact, if I remember correctly he/she didn't just want Rovers to lose, they wanted us to get thumped (or words to that effect). And if you actually read what he/she wrote they were having a bit of a dig at the poster who couldn't understand why anyone would want Rovers to lose in the first place, ("People like you" I think it said). I'm sure he/she is big enough to take it as well as give it out.

I hope Rovers put 7 past Wednesday tonight, gain loads of confidence and improve the league form and results on the back of it - but if others want us to 'get thumped' then we really are in a mess.

Don't worry about it mate - whether or not you consider me a "true Rovers fan" really doesn't matter to me.

You are right though - we are in a mess.

Balaji has turned down the opportunity to talk to BBC Radio Lancs. According to them he said he will be leaving at HT to get to the airport and back to India.

If that is the case it is a disgrace. Why not arrange to come to UK around the fixtures, during the time they plan to come here. Then return a day later to India.

Quite like the look of the team, very young and inexperienced but this is the best time to play a team like that. Pleased that Emo is playing at RB although if he leaves it doesn't really matter so perhaps a Henley or Ramm would have been better suited.

Out of interest does anyone know what the injury status of Samba, Nelsen and Grella are, could any have played tonight?

EDIT: goal!

Archived