BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

West is West is a very, very good film ...... though it may not be scary enough for some! While funny in places it doesn't seem to have the same comedy element of East is East though I suspect someone of Pakistani descent might tell it differently. This is a delightful film full of fun, love, humour, sadness and frustration taking a long look at first and second generation migrants to the UK. We see a side of their story most might not think of. One irritation, why in the final Salford scene where so many windows boarded up and grass growing in the backs. Surely the intention was to portray a community? The shot would be true today but surely not 30-40 years back?

Edited by Paul

Hoping to get my hands on either Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven.

I know they are practically the same movie, but they're always high up on film lists.

I'm sure plenty of people on here have seen one or both, which is better? Which should I get?

Both, whilst the story may be the same they qare still just as good each in their own right, you may also like to watch "Battle Beyond the Stars" which is a Magnificent Seven rework in space. Not even close to being the same caliber as its predecessors but enjoyable enough.

Watched Battle LA last night with the wife - she fell asleep.

If you are looking for lots of action, bullets flying, yelling and general mayhem - this will be for you.

If you are looking for seeing what is being shot at, or generally knowing what is going on - this is not for you.

Horrified that they completely ripped off the heavy weapon scene from Saving Private Ryan.

I left the theater after watching this sadly mehed about the whole thing. Even though there was more gunfire than in the entire Battle of Gettysburg, you never felt like it was exciting. It felt like watching someone play Call of Duty on the PS3.

However the enemy were interesting, and on the whole, better actors than the humans.

The military advisor should also have been shot, more wardrobe errors than in the entire run of Jag.

Edited by rebelmswar

Watched Battle LA last night with the wife - she fell asleep.

If you are looking for lots of action, bullets flying, yelling and general mayhem - this will be for you.

If you are looking for seeing what is being shot at, or generally knowing what is going on - this is not for you.

Horrified that they completely ripped off the heavy weapon scene from Saving Private Ryan.

I left the theater after watching this sadly mehed about the whole thing. Even though there was more gunfire than in the entire Battle of Gettysburg, you never felt like it was exciting. It felt like watching someone play Call of Duty on the PS3.

However the enemy were interesting, and on the whole, better actors than the humans.

The military advisor should also have been shot, more wardrobe errors than in the entire run of Jag.

I know how your wife felt. It was rubbish.

Watched The Social Network at the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how very good it was. It's a great courtroom drama where the fact it's about facebook is almost entirely irrelevant, it could just have easily been about any fictional business venture started by a college kid and still been as good.

I know how your wife felt.

Don't know if you should be making that public knowledge FLB...

"Michael Bay and Tony Scott made love to the American flag, birthed a demon spawn and called it Battle Los Angeles."

Best review yet for this peice of ######.

Don't know if you should be making that public knowledge FLB...

"Michael Bay and Tony Scott made love to the American flag, birthed a demon spawn and called it Battle Los Angeles."

Best review yet for this peice of ######.

Haven't seen the film-only the trailer. Usually trailers make films look interesting even if they aren't your kind of thing. This one didn't.

I thought the Coen Brothers pulled off a great remake in True Grit. Jeff Bridges does a grand job as Rooster Cogburn.

Wanted to see that but struggled to find it on at a sensible time. Blackburn had it at 9pm which means that weeknights we would be home too late - getting old and need my sleep - and other cinemas only had it during the day. Planned to go to Burnley to watch it cos they had it at a reasonable time but other events got in the way so I guess it's wait for Sky or the dvd now.

"Chalet Girl" is OK if you go with a 15 years old daughter who likes Bill Bailey.

Otherwise probably avoid.

Nothing wong with it, it's a "feel good" film, nothing wrong with that at all, but it's a bit lightweight.