BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I watched a preview of the upcoming movie on Aryton Senna the other day and literally had goosebumps, it looks awesome!

watched it the other week.. round at a mates... the japanese blu-ray version came out in mid march.

truly brilliant and im not a formula 1 fan at all.. so can only imagine the effect the movie will have on an F1 fan.

Just watched Pans Labrynth, been meaning to watch it for some time and I finally bought the BluRay last week.

Very good film I enjoyed it, pretty brutal at times as well.

You should also watch Kronos and The Devils Backbone, both also directed by Del Toro and great films, especially the latter which I personally think is better than Pan's Labrrynth.

Guest linganzi

whisky- urauguan comedy about a sock factory, funny

neds- dirty we cant

finally got round to seeing inception- i cant suspend enough belief in the first place

true grit- yes, good coen bros

the kings speech- man has speech impediment, gets it sorted, the end

Sucker punch - absolutely mental from beginning to end and if you can look beyond the somewhat ropey acting and dubious plot it's fantastic. Semi-naked, machine-toting,sword-wielding female dancers in stockings and stilettos knocking the crap out of giant samurai, robots, fat blokes and steam-powered, clockwork German zombie soldiers! What's not to like? Funnily enough, Mrs Sidders not keen to see it and has treated me with undisguised contempt whenever I have enthused about it.

• 2 weeks later...

The new film Thor is released this week apparently. Gets good reviews but not I think for a more mature outlook. Certainly it is not what is termed a Chick Flick (I hate the term but you know what I mean) Probably ok for teens and watching a film with your brain out of gear. Also next year there is another film coming out apparently with Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk all in it.

If it is your kind of film keep an eye out for it, it is said to be pretty good.

Arthur is beyond torrid.

Avoid unless death results in doing so. I would rather sit through back to back screenings of Grown Ups than be subjected to that abyss of abysmal humor ever again.

Awful, awful, awful, the original's fantastic though.

Biggest film of the summer ? Super 8. You heard it here first :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a film last night called ink.

And bloody loved it, It's a low budget sci-fi/thriller.

No distributor would put it in theaters and it only ended up on dvd/blu-ray due to it ending up on the internet and becomming hugley popular via word of mouth and a huge number of downloads.

For a film that cost $250,000 to make it's superb.

The first 10 minutes aside(it starts a bit dull), It really is a cracking little movie and if you can watch it.

If you like cult Sci-fi i.e. donnie darko, brazil ect..ect..then give this a watch.

Edited by Nelsta

Just watched a film called Troll Hunter(trailer below).

Bloody loved it, It's a norweigen film about student film makers looking to get a story on a spate of bear attacks and a bounty hunter that's killing the bears.

But it turns out the bounty hunter is a troll hunter.

sounds silly, but it's well worth a watch.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Pixars run is over. Cars 2 currently at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The original is widely considered their worst film up to now but it's a monster merch seller ($10 billions worth) so you can hardly blame them for making a sequel.

Ah well Brave is out next year and looks awesome.

Pixars run is over. Cars 2 currently at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The original is widely considered their worst film up to now but it's a monster merch seller ($10 billions worth) so you can hardly blame them for making a sequel.

Ah well Brave is out next year and looks awesome.

The animated short before Cars 2 is menna be really good though!

• Backroom

The animated short before Cars 2 is menna be really good though!

The Toy Story one?

Apparently people are impressed with the trailer for Brave but it's only attached to the 3D showings.

I'm really excited about Disneys 'Wreck it Ralph':

The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph (John C Reilly), an arcade game Bad Guy, who is determined to prove he can be a Good Guy

• Backroom

I watched [Rec]2, the atmosphere in those films are so tense, the first is scarier but I thought the sequel was a worthwhile addition, I think they are made scarier due to the fact you have to concentrate to read the subtitles.

Suprisingly I've never seen Rango, will add it to the list though.

Edited by TCO