BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Awful, awful, awful, the original's fantastic though.

Biggest film of the summer ? Super 8. You heard it here first :tu:

I saw a trailer for this today and it looks impressive. Saw it before Kung Fu Panda 2 which was also enjoyable and better than the first one, which is unusual.

I'll definitely be going to see Super 8 .

Pixars run is over. Cars 2 currently at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The original is widely considered their worst film up to now but it's a monster merch seller ($10 billions worth) so you can hardly blame them for making a sequel.

Ah well Brave is out next year and looks awesome.

Cars was trashed as well by critics however the kids loved it and I reckon this will be just as popular. I think the 33% will slowly rise like it's predecessor over the next couple of months and it will creep into certified fresh.

Cars was trashed as well by critics however the kids loved it and I reckon this will be just as popular. I think the 33% will slowly rise like it's predecessor over the next couple of months and it will creep into certified fresh.

Perhaps if this movie were not an hour and a half long propaganda exercise from the EPA for indoctrinating kids into the evils of big oil it may have had better ratings.

Was going to ask about T3. It's getting panned in the press but I guess it's not aimed at middle aged hacks!

Explosions, a hot babe, robots, and a complete lack of a script pretty much sum it up.

Half drunk on Black Grouse when I saw it so it was enjoyable.

Transformers is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Absolute disgrace. I tried to fall asleep during the last hour but it was too loud. The female lead is appalling, honestly the worst acting performance I've witnessed. I dont know how Shia lebouf gets work.

I didn't expect much, it was Transformers 3 after all, but it blew my low expectations to another level. Alcohol/hard drugs will probably get you through, otherwise avoid.

Green Lantern is unbelievably bad as well.

Was going to ask about T3. It's getting panned in the press but I guess it's not aimed at middle aged hacks!

It's crap. Not quite as crap as the last one, but crap nonetheless. The first film was a masterpiece compared to the last two. Still, people know what to expect. I went to see it as it was someone else's choice. They thought it was crap, too.

You don't have to be a middle aged hack to see that.

Super 8, big big let down.

Maybe I was just expecting to much and got caught in the hype.

Watched it the other night. Felt really 'Spielbergy' at first, 70's, geeky kids, aliens, cycles, shy kid trying to impress the girl etc etc.

Second half it's all over the place (and he should have kept that locket).

Finally got around to watching Citizen Kane. Or should I say attempting to watch Citizen Kane. Now I am a fan of old movies but dear lord what is the hype about!

Technically brilliant for its time - the camera zooming through the window on through to the closeup at the beginning.

Brilliant, multi leveled script. One of the first if not the first, like it.

Wells.

Technically brilliant for its time - the camera zooming through the window on through to the closeup at the beginning.

Brilliant, multi leveled script. One of the first if not the first, like it.

Wells.

I'll agree with you in the technical aspect for its time but not the script. Its one of those films where you feel like you have to like it due to the praise it has received in the past.

• Backroom

I was trying to drown myself in coke to alleviate my suffering.

The polar bear kind or scarface style?

Watched gangs of new York on channel 4 last night seen it before but what a bloody good film, Daniel Day Lewis owns the part of butcher bill. Also added a few Will Ferrel Blurays to my collection (stepbrothers, anchorman, old school and elf) he's very love or hate and suffered from over exposure but those 4 films crack me up everytime.

I also got the first 3 Pirates of the Carribean on bluray with my disney movie reward points so going to try and watch those at some point.