BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I agree. Welcome back to the land of the undead Hammer Productions.

What angle did you take from the movie in regards to the relationship? My view seems to contrast hugely from how others view the relationship.

Between the boy and 'girl'? On the face of it, it's almost a sweet, coming of age friendship/relationship. When you consider that the 'girl' is obviously way more than 12 (and therefore much more worldly-wise than she appears), and that being a vampire she needs (to ensnare?) someone to provide fresh blood for her, the relationship and her motives become something a bit more unsettling. It hints that she's already done something similar at least once with the 'father' figure.

Between the boy and 'girl'? On the face of it, it's almost a sweet, coming of age friendship/relationship. When you consider that the 'girl' is obviously way more than 12 (and therefore much more worldly-wise than she appears), and that being a vampire she needs (to ensnare?) someone to provide fresh blood for her, the relationship and her motives become something a bit more unsettling. It hints that she's already done something similar at least once with the 'father' figure.

The later is what I came away with, I felt it was a double dose of vampirism and made me feel very bad for the duped boy.

• Backroom

Watched a film last night called Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Basically collage kids go camping in red neck territory.

Only this time you see it from the hill billies side.

A group of kids that have seen to many teen horrors and 2 unlucky well meaning care free hillbillies.

Really enjoyed it, funny and a real charm to it.

Ordered a few films yesterday and got this coming so I'll let you know my thoughts thanks again for the tip

Finally got round to watching Trollhunter tonight, really enjoyed it, light hearted enjoyment.

Yea, I was able to watch that a few months back, It does seem to go on a bit, but all in all i thought it was a really good film.

Another to check out is a low budget sci-fi fantasy called INK, really really enjoyed it.

I tend to watch a lot of films, would'nt class myself as a movie buff but I like to try every movie of any era, my old man blagged me to death to watch an older film with Burt Lancaster in called Local Hero, I have to say I have watched this film about 20 times now, I absolutely love it, the scenery, the storyline, the actors are all top notch.

If any of you guys have'nt watched it please give it a try, it has become one of my favourite all time movies as it really is a work of art, so many films made this day and age wont even come close, it is truly heartwarming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Watched 2 films tonight:

Firstly tucker and dale vs evil thanks nelsta what a fantastic indie film.

Secondly human centipede 2, for the first time I recall I have cause to use the word, abhorrent. The first was almost comical in tone this was just sick with its only aim being shock value, some lines that didn't need crossing were crossed

I tend to watch a lot of films, would'nt class myself as a movie buff but I like to try every movie of any era, my old man blagged me to death to watch an older film with Burt Lancaster in called Local Hero, I have to say I have watched this film about 20 times now, I absolutely love it, the scenery, the storyline, the actors are all top notch.

If any of you guys have'nt watched it please give it a try, it has become one of my favourite all time movies as it really is a work of art, so many films made this day and age wont even come close, it is truly heartwarming.

Its a film by Bill Forsyth and seen it...Others he did at the time with the same feel good factor are Gregorys Girl(with a cute Clare Grogan) which I like more to be honest and better still... That Sinking feeling(original Scottish hard to find nowadays,Beware the Amercian voiceover edition of this which ruins it).All the same young Scottish actors more or less..

Edited by JC4LAB

• 1 month later...

Watched a film last night called `Grown-ups` and i have to say i thought it was one of the best films i have seen in the last year.It`s a real feel good family comedy with a host of names Such as Adam Sandler,Kevin James,Rob Scheider Chris Rock and more.

Definitely a must see if you want to just relax and watch a film with the kids.

It is a 12 rating though and has scenes of breast feeding (without actually seeing the boob!) so i wouldn`t recommend it for kids that are too young (mine are 11 and 13 and thought it was hilarious!).

Watched a film last night called `Grown-ups` and i have to say i thought it was one of the best films i have seen in the last year.It`s a real feel good family comedy with a host of names Such as Adam Sandler,Kevin James,Rob Scheider Chris Rock and more.

Definitely a must see if you want to just relax and watch a film with the kids.

It is a 12 rating though and has scenes of breast feeding (without actually seeing the boob!) so i wouldn`t recommend it for kids that are too young (mine are 11 and 13 and thought it was hilarious!).

It had poisonous reviews. Shows that reviewers are just people with different tastes.

We watched 2 last night..after life and hall pass.

after life ..I knew nothing about this film until i watched it.I think watching with no idea helped it was good and very twisty.

hall pass.....was good and I defy any bloke over 40 not wince and think hahaha i do that.

• Backroom

It had poisonous reviews. Shows that reviewers are just people with different tastes.

Also that quality doesn't always translate to enjoyment.

I love my films but am often bored by Oscar winning efforts, I thought grown ups was fun enough though.

Watched true grit a couple of weeks ago which I thought was brilliant and Paul on Friday night which was quite funny with some good in jokes

It`s definitely a `leave the brain at the door` movie and TBH some reviews i saw were just ridiculous in their criticism of it.The thing with an Adam Sandler movie is that yes the plot will be full of holes (if there is a plot to speak of!),and the characters will be one dimensional but that is never the point with this kind of film.You can definitely be sure they will never be oscar nominated but this film is like a guilty pleasure that you can`t help but want from time to time.

Watched a few movies recently:

'The Adjustment Bureau' - very good. A not too soppy love story with a scifi leaning.

'Limitless' - so-so. Robert De Niro underused though.

'True Grit' - absolutely fantastic, Jeff Bridges is one of the best actors around for me. Not sure who she is but the girl puts in an outstanding performance too.

'Source Code' - plot holes galore, but a tremendous film.

'Paul' - echo Tom's words above.

Edited by MarkBRFC71