BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Random suggestion, if you haven't seen it already try to watch apocalypto on blu ray it looks stunning and I really enjoy it. Not accurate but a good action film with great scenery and sequences

I really like Apocalypto, terrifying and fascinating. I know some of it must not be accurate. It sure shows a violent society. There was at least some of that going on.

----------

Also, a few pages back, someone mentioned "12 Angry men" I believe, the movie about a jury, I'd say that is a good compelling movie.

Casablanca is always going to be on those kinds of lists. It's alright. Schindler's list? I can see how many would appreciate it even if it's not one of my own favourites.

Edited by Audax

A few pages back that Wolves movie was mentioned as well, "The Grey" with Liam Neeson. In those posts there was some talk about "Wolves attacks" and saying Wolves don't attack humans. I would consider an attack in a zoo to be something completely different but it sounds like a woman was mauled in a zoo in Sweden. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4378342/Wolves-maul-a-woman-to-death-at-a-zoo-in-Sweden.html Can't really count this I suppose. Bears may not really attack humans often but if one were in its cage, it might as well of course, if there was a bear and her cubs and you encountered them. A Mother Wolf could be a similar situation too because we know Dogs are that way.

Edited by Audax

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from spidy 3d ... Well lived up to the hype. Really entertaining ... Next up cant wait for Ted.

Watched Ted at a conference in Leeds two weeks ago. Very funny and if you're a Queen fan like me .....

Watched all sorts of new product recently, hairs on the back of the neck ? Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher is a film ... Awesome.

Who's jack ?

It seems that Tom Cruise will be playing him. What a terrible choice IMO - if anyone's read the books you will know that Jack Reacher is approx 6ft5ins in height - not 5ft7ins. It's already put me off watching it.

It seems that Tom Cruise will be playing him. What a terrible choice IMO - if anyone's read the books you will know that Jack Reacher is approx 6ft5ins in height - not 5ft7ins. It's already put me off watching it.

Cruise is usually pretty great, but like Mad Mel Gibson his personal life has really started to overshadow his acting, getting hard to take him serious.

I dont mind cruise ..but when a charaecter is 6 ft nearly 7ft and his height intimidates and is one of the most important trait of him ,cruise aint the man.

I dont mind cruise ..but when a charaecter is 6 ft nearly 7ft and his height intimidates and is one of the most important trait of him ,cruise aint the man.

i have no knowledge of the books at all so that doesnt really bother me, I understand totally how things like that really bother fans of the source material though( im guessing cruises production company own the movie rights to the books so obviously hes picked himself for the lead role).

Edited by hardly1980

People, The Dark Knight Rises is amazing.

Went yesterday to see it, thought it was very good.

Also saw trailers for Expendables2, Total Recall (remake), Superman (remake) and New Bourne film. What's with all the remakes at the moment?

Went yesterday to see it, thought it was very good.

Also saw trailers for Expendables2, Total Recall (remake), Superman (remake) and New Bourne film. What's with all the remakes at the moment?

Superman and Total Recall are both based on original source material so I'm not sure any film adaptations can be called remakes.

The Expendables 2 will be even worse than the first one. Guaranteed.

Edited by Rovermatt

I saw The Dark Knight on Friday. I thought it was brilliant. It went on for about 15 minutes too long, but that's the only criticism I would have of it. The ending is excellent and opens up an area of Batman that I forgotten all about through the Dark Knight trilogy.

I saw Spiderman last week and thought it was a good show. There were a few naff bits to it, but overall it was really good. I would also recommend people seeing The Five Year Engagement. It was very enjoyable.

Ted and The Bourne Legacy are the next ones of my radar.