BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Hoping to watch Django Unchained soon. Tarantino hasn't made a good movie since Pulp Fiction so let's see.

Are you kidding!!!(outrageous comment :o )

Yes Pulp Fiction was a Truly 'great' film thats above anything else hes done(and better than most modern directors will ever do), but still all his films have been at least 3star(out of 5) movies other than death proof(and even thats more entertaining than most films.

p.s. i went too see Django and it is his best most solid, mature(ish!) movie since Jackie Brown(two very different kinds of films though!) and if you don't at least find django fun as a good entertaining popcorn movie, then id be worried for you ;)

Edited by T.J.Newton

Are you kidding!!!(outrageous comment :o )

Yes Pulp Fiction was a Truly 'great' film thats above anything else hes done(and better than most modern directors will ever do), but still all his films have been at least 3star(out of 5) movies other than death proof(and even thats more entertaining than most films.

p.s. i went too see Django and it is his best most solid, mature(ish!) movie since Jackie Brown(two very different kinds of films though!) and if you don't at least find django fun as a good entertaining popcorn movie, then id be worried for you ;)

Meh. Okay, I'll rephrase that: Pulp Fiction was the last GREAT movie he's made, whereas the others were passable at best, and he even almost ruined that by sticking his unwanted face in it.

Edited by Amarillo

• Backroom

Speaking of Tarantino (bit of a stretch here) but I went to see Killing them softly a few months back and really didn't like t, I thought it was trying hard to be Tarantino esque with the long rambling dialogue but it just made the experience particularly dull for me.

Went to see wreck it Ralph on Sunday and enjoyed it a lot but not quite as much as I expected to, it's full of charm and brilliant little touches but felt it fell apart just a bit once it reached the meat of the story. Good film but not up to the standard of Disney animation Studios last film (tangled which for me is as good as any animated film in the last 20 or so years even the pixar greats)

Meh. Okay, I'll rephrase that: Pulp Fiction was the last GREAT movie he's made, whereas the others were passable at best, and he even almost ruined that by sticking his unwanted face in it.

I don't know,i thought Inglorious Basterds was brilliant entertainment.D'jango unchained was very good as well.Christoph Waltz is brilliantly over the top in both of them.

I've never ever walked out of a movie in the cinema. That includes sitting through Spawn and The Musketeer. However last night I walked out of This Is 40. Terrible stuff altogether. Purile.

My other half got a dodgy copy of this and I think we got about 35min in before we turned it off. It is truly an awful film and I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

On the plus side I went to the cinema to see 'I give it a year' which I enjoyed very much and laughed out loud on many occassions (and I'm not easily amused)

• Backroom

A bit late, but I went to see Les Miserables on Saturday with t'other half. Not been a big fan of musicals apart from Mary Poppins for nostalgic reasons. But I really enjoyed it. Hugh Jackman was awesome (even if he did look like Kevin Keegan) but Russell Crowe left a lot to be desired (should've been Gerard Butler imo).

• 1 month later...

I've been to the U.S and back in the last few weeks and saw some decent movies on the plane over. Richard Gere's new film Arbitrage is a good show. The Sessions is good indie movie, but shouldn't be watched with your mum or dad / children because of the awkwardly long sex scenes! On the way home I watched The Master, which I had really wanted to see when it was in the cinema, but missed it. It was good, but very strange and intense. The Words, starring Bradly Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Dennis Quaid and Jeremey Irons is a very good movie. 10 Years starring Channing Tatum and Rosario Dawson is really enjoyable. It's a simple premise of high school friends meeting for a 10 year reunion, but it's very well done and highly enjoyable.

I watched Uk film 'Sightseers' last night, serial killer/horror/drama/romance/comedy(in its blackest form) really good well made low budget film from Ben Wheatley(kill list), its about a new couple that go on a campervan trip around the Yorkshire countryside.....stuff happens along the way....!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

RIP Roger Ebert

If I wanted to know if a film was decent I would look for his reviews, didn't agree with his stance on a couple of things but still the best in the business

• 2 weeks later...