BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah Frozen. I still feel bitter about the two hours of life I wasted watching that rubbish. This film is so bad yo have to keep watching in case it gets worse. Absolute nonsense. Can't remember seeing a worse film.

Edited by Paul

Not a movie but in a cinema. Went to watch the NT Live stream of Helen Mirren in The Audience. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant and so very funny.

The NT Live streams are great value, £12 to watch a performance that would be £100+ in the West End. If you like theatre do go. Google NT Live for details.

I went to watch man of steel this morning, I really liked it, but it wont be for everyone, think Terrance Mallick and Michael Bays lovechild(with Chris Nolan as the surrogate host!)

probably the 2nd best superhero movie i've seen(and ive seen most) after the dark knight.

I didn't bother with 3d and I wouldn't advise anybody to see it in 3d(as its just a post conversion) it looked stunning In two'd!(as Kermode would say)

Edited by T.J.Newton

Man of steel getting luke warm reviews/ratings, which is actually a good sign that will be very good in my experience(mixed reviews normaply means it doesnt pander to the masses too much)

Spot-on. It wont be liked by some because it doesnt have a character that smiles and winks at the camera.

I went to watch man of steel this morning, I really liked it, but it wont be for everyone, think Terrance Mallick and Michael Bays lovechild(with Chris Nolan as the surrogate host!)

probably the 2nd best superhero movie i've seen(and ive seen most) after the dark knight.

I didn't bother with 3d and I wouldn't advise anybody to see it in 3d(as its just a post conversion) it looked stunning In two'd!(as Kermode would say)

Aye watched it last night and to be fair after reading plotlines and the such I went expecting to see a visual sensation with yet another hollowood raping. However it was good, much more like the cartoons and the comic and ten times better than the last one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Went with the family to watch Despicable Me 2 on Friday, loved it, the minions have to be the funniest sidekick characters in a long time. It's hardly surprising they are getting a spin off

It looks like most summer blockbusters are bombing this year, after earth, White House down and the Lone Ranger all pulling in low numbers in America.

Planes is out next month and may be bad but will draw in millions upon millions for Disney, the stores are already stocking toy planes and all sorts and the cars franchise is a behemoth

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Saw Monsters University today and thought it was great

It could have been a story by numbers but a lot of cliches were swerved, some great gags and nods to the original as well