BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Guest Norbert

Ended up watching Watchmen last night as I coudn't sleep. Not a bad film, 6 or 7/10. Would be great to be Dr. Manhattan, but I'd still wear some bloody pants at least.

anyone seen gangster squad? got some bad reviews but I thought it was pretty good

I don't think it merits a bad review , just average. It passed the time but compared to some other films in the genre (La Confidential and Untouchables sprang quickly to mind), it was pretty pale.

Thought the opening sequence was quite novel if a bit grim.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Only God Forgives last night and was very disappointed in it. It looked good, but overall it was very self indulgent. All the warnings about how violent it was, wasn't really true. There is one scene where it is a bit hard to watch - more out of trepedation, rather than what actually happens at first, although it does get a bit worse for about 5 seconds. But it wasn't nearly shocking as I thought.

Terrible film : you can bathe a corpse in groovy light and dress it in an expensive suit, but in the end that rotting smell just won't go away.

well that's your opinion(means squat to me though) It wasn't great but it was good and original, it was never likely to be liked by a broad audience range, I enjoyed it though, im a huge david lynch fan and this film was as close to a lynch film that i've seen for a long while and it was also dedicated to Alejandro Jodorowsky(now he did make a few crazy ass films).

Edited by T.J.Newton

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that though Star Trek Into Darkness was a bit rubbish?

Finally got round to watching it the other night and it was completely predictable (certainly the ending) and all the "nods" to The Wrath of Khan just made me wish they could have had their own ideas for a story line. And why did we need "old Spock"? ...again!

Also watched The Purge and really quite enjoyed it. Not the best acting in the world and again, completely predictable ending but the story was good and quite tense.

• 2 months later...

I finally watched Searching for Sugarman. Fantastic documentary that really sells it's story. It's one of those where the less you know about it beforehand the better. And clearly not many people knew anything about him before this film.

We've seen it twice- first at the cinema, then on a DVD at home.

It's very good.

I liked the 1st 30 mins of startrek2 it just went into dumb predictable mode after that though.

Jj Abrahams has turned star trek into dumb brainless bland popcorn films, im dreading what he's going to do with star wars!

we're taking the series in a new direction and yet all I got was a feeling of de ja vu. lazy over paid hollywood rip off merchants.

if he dares do to star wars what hes done to star trek I'll do more than punch mickeys head of next time im at Disney land.

Guest Norbert

God they were bad films. The script was awful, Hayden Christensen Anderson was like a spoilt teenager and I still can't understand how you can have a republic, and a Queen together. And of course there was Jar Jar Binks.

2 and 3 were ok, 3's the best. 1 well I'm an avid fan and I never watch it. to be honest they should have just made three. 7-9 will be interesting I always hoped it would be the thrawn trilogy but apparently not. the books stretch some 50 years after episode 6 so they had best not do a star trek. the fans will go spastic if leia becomes the jedi leader and luke starts popping out chewbaccas babies.