BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• 2 months later...

Saw Jason Bourne last night, really enjoyed it and I probably was always going to as I am a huge Bourne fan.

It probably doesn't hit the heights of the previous trilogy but that was always going to be difficult as that trilogy is just so good and not many action films hit the heights that those three did. Still I thought as an action film, one where you just sit back and be entertained it was very good.

Criticisms seem to be about Bourne not saying much, have these people never seen Bourne films before?

If you are a fan of the Bourne films it's worth watching.

• 4 weeks later...

Eye In The Sky (2016)

Starring Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman and Aaron Paul.

A fantastic tense thought provoking modern warfare thriller /drama , don't expect action galore and you will not be disappointed.

p.s never in your life will you want to see bread bought so fast :)

• Like 1

Eye In The Sky (2016)

Starring Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman and Aaron Paul.

A fantastic tense thought provoking modern warfare thriller /drama , don't expect action galore and you will not be disappointed.

p.s never in your life will you want to see bread bought so fast :)

Yeah, great film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I won't be watching the BAFTA's or the Academy Awards this year, God spare us all the political speeches by Streep & Co, celebrity bandwagon jumpers and vacuous to boot.
But.
La La Land will probably win everything, and is a pale imitation of 'Lion', the deserved winner and a flick that has turned me into a wreck, ridiculously fabulous.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 03/02/2017 at 10:03 PM, adopted scouser said:

I won't be watching the BAFTA's or the Academy Awards this year, God spare us all the political speeches by Streep & Co, celebrity bandwagon jumpers and vacuous to boot.
But.
La La Land will probably win everything, and is a pale imitation of 'Lion', the deserved winner and a flick that has turned me into a wreck, ridiculously fabulous.

La La Land has been roundly criticised for having a white guy being the 'jazz traditionalist', when traditional jazz is 'black music'.

You just know that of it was a black actor instead of Ryan Gosling, it'd be 'lazy casting based on racial stereotype' though.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

La La Land has been roundly criticised for having a white guy being the 'jazz traditionalist', when traditional jazz is 'black music'.

You just know that of it was a black actor instead of Ryan Gosling, it'd be 'lazy casting based on racial stereotype' though.

Either way, it's still a shite film which is way over-hyped.

I watched La la land having no idea what it was about before i went in and having been subjected to none of the hype. I enjoyed it a lot, afrer the cheesy opening number was out of the way. Funny how expectations, or lack of them can affect your opinion of a film. 

Watched "The Founder" last night.Film about the mcdonalds empire,was quality.Great lead performance by Michael Keaton.

Other good films I watched this month The Arrival,Trainspotting 2 (although not a patch on the first one) and Gold again another great lead performance by Matthew mcConaughey

Definitely recommend the the founder.Michael keaton should at least get a nomination for best actor for his portrayal of Ray Kroc.

Really enjoyed The Arrival it would be one of my films of the year too.

If you haven't watched Gold put that on your to watch list.It's loosely based on a true story the Bre-x mining scandal and like I said before a fantastic performance by Matthew mcConaughey 

On 19/02/2017 at 0:18 PM, islander200 said:

Watched "The Founder" last night.Film about the mcdonalds empire,was quality.Great lead performance by Michael Keaton.

Other good films I watched this month The Arrival,Trainspotting 2 (although not a patch on the first one) and Gold again another great lead performance by Matthew mcConaughey

I watched The Founder last night based off this recommendation. Fantastic film. Keaton really can play a right asshole!!

• Like 1