BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Has anyone seen Hurtlocker yet? - interested to see what people think

I saw it about 3 wks ago. Don't expect an action film with the obligatory bad guy or you'll be disappointed. There is no "plot" so to speak as it's more about the day to day life of what happens in an American bomb squad in Iraq and how it has affected those working in such an environment. I really enjoyed it and there are some very dramatic scenes.

Thumbs up from me.

Rumours of a 2011 release, nothing concrete as far as i know.

There was some talk of the Riddler or Catwoman featuring, Megan Fox being touted as a possible Catwoman.

I heard that Harley Quinn is going to be introduced as a mentally damaged love interest of Bruce.

Being blown up by the Joker will do that to a person. ;)

On another note has anyone seen District 9 yet? I plan on sneaking out of the house to see it, seems good to me.

Yea, it's alien refugees.Tis a cracking film, and you do find yourself feeling sympothy towards the aliens.Well a couple of them.

Just saw this too, thought that it was very good on so many levels.

Not only is it a good action/sci-fi movie it has great social commentary, being set in South Africa and having the aliens segregated from humans was very clever.

It was also darkly funny.

I am shocked that it is not doing better in the theaters though, must not have enough boom factor. The mech is pretty neat though.

You all should definitely give it a go, even if you do not like sci-fi.

Saw Hancock the other night, much to recommend about it, I wouldnt say laugh out loud funny for most of it (bar the Whale, but thats already on the trailer), but i did find myself giggling or smiling all the way through.

Edited by Flopsy