BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I saw Robin Hood last night and thought that it was ok. It was pretty slow and cumbersome at some points, but it looked great and I got the feeling that it was more about setting up the sequel where the character really can come alive. Not a patch on Prince Of Thieves all the same!

I saw Robin Hood last night and thought that it was ok. It was pretty slow and cumbersome at some points, but it looked great and I got the feeling that it was more about setting up the sequel where the character really can come alive. Not a patch on Prince Of Thieves all the same!

Thought it was awful. There was so many things wrong with it - a lot of the plot was forced (and I don't want to get into that as it'd spoil the film for those that haven't seen it) and the battle scenes were tame.

Not to mention there were several scenes ripped straight from Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan!

I saw Four Lions the other day and really enjoyed it. There are some really funny moments and its a pretty original comedy. Has to be said that you find yourself wondering how funny it would be had you had a family member die on 9/11 or 7/7 or in some other terrorist attack, but then again we make comedies about everything else so I don't see why terrorism should be left out.

Would highly recommend it.

Anyone seen Prince of Persia?

Used to enjoy the games, so is it worth my money?

I saw it last weekend. It's not a bad show. It's like Pirates Of The Caribbean in the desert. Some of the stunts and free running that we love from the game look great and Gemma Arterton is stunning. Some of it isn't great, with some poor dialogue. But overall it's a good popcorn movie, that isn't going to win Oscars, but isn't going to offend anyone either.

I watched the Wolfman last night and enjoyed it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be or had been told that it was.

Watched REC 2 last night.Any one who liked the first should give it a watch, It starts right where the first finished.There's more action than the first, but they still do a good job of building the tension until the final quater.It also explains why things are happening.

Not as good as the first but still worth a watch.

• 3 weeks later...

The Last Airbender.... absolutely terrible.

After purchasing tickets for a 3d show on fandango, I picked up my tickets only o find that they were just regular tickets. Went to upgrade/fix the error and the 3d show was sold out. Fine. Whatever. I love the show, and the movie has a script that's so incredible it just has to follow it. So I'll just go watch it i thought.

Terrible decision.

First off they pronounced Ang and Sokka wrong the whole movie. Then they got the guy from the daily show to be a lead. Then they made an absolutely horrible movie with awkward line deliveries, massive plot holes and cheesy scenes. Barely any good fight scenes.

The element bending was neat, but repetitive in its showing. Same style, results etc.

Save your money and please don't go see this. Save your time and don't ever watch this.

Letdown.

Goodfellas was on ITV4 last night and is always a treat.

No doubt it will be doing the rounds on ITV 2/3/4 for the next few weeks, if you get a chance see it.

One of the finest films ever committed to celluloid.

The Last Airbender.... absolutely terrible.

After purchasing tickets for a 3d show on fandango, I picked up my tickets only o find that they were just regular tickets. Went to upgrade/fix the error and the 3d show was sold out. Fine. Whatever. I love the show, and the movie has a script that's so incredible it just has to follow it. So I'll just go watch it i thought.

Terrible decision.

First off they pronounced Ang and Sokka wrong the whole movie. Then they got the guy from the daily show to be a lead. Then they made an absolutely horrible movie with awkward line deliveries, massive plot holes and cheesy scenes. Barely any good fight scenes.

The element bending was neat, but repetitive in its showing. Same style, results etc.

Save your money and please don't go see this. Save your time and don't ever watch this.

Letdown.

:( I was looking forward to seeing this. May just stick with the animated version then.

:( I was looking forward to seeing this. May just stick with the animated version then.

If you really like the show like I do, I'm sure you're going to cave and see it. But don't pay movie theater money for it. Rent it or wait for it to hit HBO or something, just so you can see what they did to it.

Watched REC 2 last night.Any one who liked the first should give it a watch, It starts right where the first finished.There's more action than the first, but they still do a good job of building the tension until the final quater.It also explains why things are happening.

Not as good as the first but still worth a watch.

I watched it last week and thought it was brilliant. I thought that it was a lot darker in some ways than the first one because of the face to face conversations with the devil, which I thought were brilliant and disturbing. While •REC was more of a horror movie, with more scars. I think that the premise of the movie is brilliant and is the best take on exorcism, possession and fighting the devil that I've seen. I can't wait for the third one!

Watched a couple of documentary films recently that were both terrific.

King of Kong, a story about one mans (Steve Wiebe) quest to break the record for arcade style Donkey Kong.

and

Chasing Ghosts, a story about the rise of competitive gaming in the US from the late 70s to mid 80s.

More details see wiki pages.

Both were really enjoyable though, a real life look at people's lifes and how competitive life is.

The King of Kong

Chasing Ghosts

Anybody on here seen either film?

Edited by rog of the rovers