BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• Backroom

Went to see Toy Story 3 today, Wow!

I'm a sell confessed Disney / pixar fanatic but this really is superb.

Then again I was only ten when the first came out so it's kind of grown up with me.

Pixar have done it again!

Went to see Inception the other day.

A good film, but take a cushion!

WARNING!!!!!!!! SPOILERS

In your opinion, does the spinning top drop at the end or not? Personally I think it does, and is just there to frustrate you!

Edited by rog of the rovers

• Backroom

Don't look up the upcoming film The Human Centipede. I read something about it on Wikipedia, and its just wrong.

Urgh I watched it on DVD a couple of weeks ago and it really is unpleasant.

I like horrors and even gory stuff and didn't think I could be shocked by what went on celluloid until I read about a new Serbian film which over here is called A Serbian Movie.

Just reading about it made me feel ill I have no idea why it was made or anyone would watch it.

I don't know what the big deal is with Inception, I thought it was poor.

Funnily enough a mate of mine who is really into his sci-fi stuff said the same thing... :unsure:

Think i will still go and see it though.

Went to see Toy story 3 tonight with the kids,great entertainment as usual from Pixar and the kids loved it. 9/10 for me :tu:

Anyone ever seen a film called 'Tokyo Gore Police'?

It's just wrong on so many levels. I think they must have used their whole budget waterproofing their camera equipment for the authentic blood which features so prominently.

Worth a watch if you feel like a bit of a laugh, in a sick sort of way.

Funnily enough a mate of mine who is really into his sci-fi stuff said the same thing... :unsure:

Think i will still go and see it though.

Went to see Toy story 3 tonight with the kids,great entertainment as usual from Pixar and the kids loved it. 9/10 for me :tu:

Saw Toy Story on Tuesday - great film.

Watched District 9 last night - superb. Also watched Paranormal Activity earlier in the week - incredibly good, even more so when it reportedly only cost $15,000 to make. Scared the missus to death, and I have to confess it took me a while to get to sleep!

Edited by MarkBRFC71

Also watched Paranormal Activity earlier in the week - incredibly good, even more so when it reportedly only cost $15,000 to make. Scared the missus to death, and I have to confess it took me a while to get to sleep!

I'm not one to boast about things i've done but I deserve a medal for what I did to my girlfriend after watching this film and probably should have filmed it and put it on youtube.

Basically the film was good, I enjoyed it but my missus @#/? herself all the way through so obviously as a loving and caring boyfriend, I took advantage at every opportunity to rub it in and make her jump. Anyway, she decided to get her own back and I overheard her talking to her friend on the phone about copying the scene at night where the lady is standing over her boyfriend and moving around. She was going to do the same to me to freak me out. When she started to do this at night, the poor girl made such a noise that I knew it was happening. So I waited a few minutes and jumped out the bed with a massive BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and she actually screamed and ran out the room :lol:

• Like 4

Inception was a good film, but perhaps some way short of the hype it's received. I thought the third act, in particular, was heavily rushed. For me, The Dark Knight was a far more thrilling and engaging film, without all the metaphysical babble.

I went to see Inception last night, but every single show was sold out! Going to go today and see it. I hope it lives up to the hype. I wasn't too bothered when I first saw the trailer, but it has slowly grown on me and all my friends have seen it and say it's amazing. I did see Toy Story 3 the other night and thought it was fantastic. The bit where the toddlers come in to play with the toys is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.

I though Inception was great. There were a few things that I didn't understand and I will need to watch it again to understand certain parts. But I thought that it was a great story, it looked fantastic and the final act was fascinating.

Just saw Inception last night. Echo most of what I've seen. Thought the first two hours flew by and didn't realize how long the movie was till the 5 minutes of slow mo near the end of the movie. Still, I thought it was very well done and a fantastic movie.

Edit: maybe a giant spoilers thread so we can all help each other fill in the blanks, seems like a lot of us have seen it!

Edited by American Rover12

Colourising old black and white classics is abhorrent, masterpieces should be left alone. If someone had suggested to me that my favourite film of all time 'It's a Wonderful Life' was to be crayoned in, I would have gone after them with a tyre iron.

*Deep Breath* Just seen some of it in HD and it looks great, really really great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehjtn3YjZp4&feature=related

:)