BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Finally watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night, and for me, was nowhere near as entertaining and fun as the others. R.I.P Indie :(

Also watched Expendables, crap story and not very good acting, kinda cheesy at times. But i wasn't expecting much more :lol: Still it enjoyed it i suppose.

Watched Expendables last night,final nail in some of these `actors` coffins imo.It`s like watching a badly made film from the 1980`s.What on earth convinced the studio`s to agree to the making of this film is beyond me.

3/10 for me and the 3 was for the special effects of people being ripped to bits by bullets.

Saw “The Last Exorcism” last night – quite a nice unpretentious little movie, sets up the premise quite well, some nice twist and turns.

The actress does very well. Some nice creepy moments to scare the teenyboppers, had a few of them behind me sounding quite nervous.

Wait for the DVD, there is nothing to be gained by seeing this in the cinema.

BTW anyone who saw Inception should watch

You left before the end credits didn't you ? The soundtrack actually ends with this being done ;)

But for those that have seen inception (and if you haven't please please don't follow the link, it will ruin one of the best films in years) you should read THIS . It will change your view of the film (only one person I know of twigged this BEFORE reading the article), you realise you've been tricked, but in a good way. It's as if you'd missed the last 5 mins of the Usual Suspects and instead read the "Verbal Kent is Kaiser Sozey and this is why" reveal online, rather than in the film. There were so many things nagging me about Inception that I put down to Nolan being a little sloppy because he needed to keep the pace of the film up, now I realise it wasn't sloppy at all.

You left before the end credits didn't you ? The soundtrack actually ends with this being done ;)

But for those that have seen inception (and if you haven't please please don't follow the link, it will ruin one of the best films in years) you should read THIS . It will change your view of the film (only one person I know of twigged this BEFORE reading the article), you realise you've been tricked, but in a good way. It's as if you'd missed the last 5 mins of the Usual Suspects and instead read the "Verbal Kent is Kaiser Sozey and this is why" reveal online, rather than in the film. There were so many things nagging me about Inception that I put down to Nolan being a little sloppy because he needed to keep the pace of the film up, now I realise it wasn't sloppy at all.

Stayed through most of the credits both times but never figured it out. I'm slow. But I had the same idea as posted in your link. Cool nonetheless.

Edited by sleepyjack

Saw “The Last Exorcism” last night – quite a nice unpretentious little movie, sets up the premise quite well, some nice twist and turns.

The actress does very well. Some nice creepy moments to scare the teenyboppers, had a few of them behind me sounding quite nervous.

Wait for the DVD, there is nothing to be gained by seeing this in the cinema.

Was thinking of seeing this myself. Empire gave it a good review and so have you! I watched The Joneses the other night. It's enjoyable enough, with loopholes galore, but Demi Moore and Amber Heard look great so that made up for it!

• Backroom

Last movie I saw was "The Box" with Cameron Diaz. It was a total waste of money...

It started really good I thought and then descended to really really stupid.

District 9 is on sky this week, awesome film!

Thought it was superb.

Why? I am honestly wondering.

I thought it was a pasted together version of "The Departed" with generic characters. I mean how much more cliched could it be? A black cop too deep in his cover - begining to feel his people more than his coworkers, a retiring boozing Irish American, and a crooked Italian American cop with a loss of faith complex, just trying to provide for his family. Each one of those things have been in their own movies, and to better effect. Geere almost reprised his "Internal Affairs" character, except this one paid for sex.

Powerful scenes yes, but its just like aftershave - if you put too much on it just stinks and one looks like one is trying far too hard.

I watched Casablanca for the first time this evening (part of my attempt to see all of the Empire Top 500). Unlike Citizen Cane, I didn't think it was overrated. Bogart owned every scene, the plot moved on swiftly and even though a diet of Red Dwarf meant I already knew the ending, it still brought a lump to my throat.