BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I've mentioned it before but if anyone fancied picking up a good cheap BluRay then Apocalypto is superb and visually stunning (even if it is directed by a Wacko)

Agree - was very surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Speaking of Blu Ray, they've finally release Apocalypse Now on it - brilliant film, one of my favourite openings ever.

Just watched Se7en again, what a top top film.

It was on a few weeks ago on Channel 4 I think. An absolute classic. I watched some of Blade last night and that's another great movie.

I went to see Jackass 3D the other night and it is hilarious. It is exactly what you expect it to be and that's great.

Took my daughter to a screening of Tron at Cheshire Oaks last night. The first half plods a bit then halfway through Michael Sheen pops up as demented nightclub owner, a weird mix of Joel Gray and Clockwork orange. It all starts from there really but overall very dark and the 3D's rubbish.

A younger cgi Jeff Bridges, reminded me of that motion capture Beowulf.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Unstoppable last night. It nearly slipped off the radar before I got a chance to see it. It was a great. Nothing complicated, just a good watchable movie.

Yeah, I enjoyed it plenty - all those bleeding cuts to the news reporters towards the end really got on my wick though. I like how Tony Scott can make these ridiculous action films and sort of ground them a little with an ordinary main character or two (usually played by Denzel).

If anyone didn't catch it at the cinema, Inception is out on DVD tomorrow. Recommend.

Watched this tonight as a download from BT Vision. Took me 15 minutes to work out the theme of dreaming!! I found it very difficult to hear / understand much of the dialogue but a good film all the same. Some nice twists along the way. Of Gods and Men is doing the rounds of north-west art houses and independent cinemas. Lancaster next I believe in mid january. This is a true story involving the possible murder of seven French monks during the Algerian war. Very good reviews, our film club is planning a trip to The Dukes for this one. Edited by Paul

Listening to 5live on the way home last night and they had a feature on who was the best lead singer in a band, they had taken it from a music wbsite that did a poll to find the best lead singer and this was the top 3.

1. Axl Rose

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Robert Plant

I have to admit that Axl Rose was a bit of a surprise to be at the top, I probably would have said Mercury would of been a lot of peoples choices althogh I do admit that I do like a lot of Guns and Roses stuff.

Went to see Unstoppable last night. It nearly slipped off the radar before I got a chance to see it. It was a great. Nothing complicated, just a good watchable movie.

We had free tickets to go and see this as a preview and it is just that a good watchable movie. It is one of those films that people should get the dvd of to watch, much cheaper than the cinema!

Went to see the previews of Love and other drugs which was really good although probably a bit girly for you lot!

Off to see The Next Three Days on Tuesday - hopefully will be another good preview.