BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I saw Lawless and a docu-movie called The Queen Of Versailles last week. I really enjoyed Lawless. It's pretty rough, but it's a good watch. The Queen of Versailles is a documentary about a former beauty queen who married the billionaire owner of Westgate Time Shares and who were making the biggest home in the U.S measuring 90,000 ft2. However during the filming of it, the recession strikes and it becomes a totally different type of documentary. It's a very enjoyable show.

I started watching a movie called Silent House last night. It's a horror movie shot in one take. It's pretty tense because of it. I hope to see Judge Dredd tomorrow night.

I started watching a movie called Silent House last night. It's a horror movie shot in one take. It's pretty tense because of it. I hope to see Judge Dredd tomorrow night.

Uruguayan original or US remake?, i so the original a few years ago and thought it was let down by a very poor final 20mins, I think id like to see the remake though just for Elizabeth Olsen(who was great in Martha Marcy May Marlene).

According to Mr Kermode, Shetland is the one to be at :)

Fantastic!! We may all be old enough to know better but the film club might just do that next year! Have emailed everyone in the club!! There's a book festival at the same time - we may need a coach?

Went to see the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night at Chorley Little Theatre - we know how to live round here - great film with a fantastic cast. CLT has an ice cream lady and a raffle. It's £4 to get in!! 160 people there last night.

Edited by Paul

• Backroom

It's worth it as I thought it was the best use of 3D since avatar and jackass 3d (sounds silly but the 3d in that was perfect)

I'm in the minority that kind of like 3d though, makes going to the cinema a little different

Uruguayan original or US remake?, i so the original a few years ago and thought it was let down by a very poor final 20mins, I think id like to see the remake though just for Elizabeth Olsen(who was great in Martha Marcy May Marlene).

It was the U.S remake. It was decent enough, with some pretty tense moments and a dark ending. It does the job.

Looking forward to watching a few good horrors this October

Hoping to watch a few that I havent seen, hopefully can find some on Netflix

Have you seen a film called possession, its an early 80s psychophysical horror staring Sam Neil, it was recommended by mark kermode on his blog a year or 2 ago, id never heard of it but i like far out surreal films and possession definitely is that(then some!).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Norbert

That sounds amazing!

Watched Predators on Saturday. It was pretty good, and Adrian Brody was OK in that surprising macho role. He did do the Christian Bale Batman voice thing though. Still, not as good as the first two Predator films.

Only recently joined netflix, suprised at the amount of great content they have(especially tv shows), Im probably watching a lot more on netflix now than on cruddy old sky&freeview. Currently addicted too Sons of anarchy on netflix(After getting through all of the pish funny californication)seriously great show once you get past the cheesy 1st season.

Edited by T.J.Newton

I've seen some good ones recently. Zero Dark Thirty was excellent. Lincoln was good too, though very dense. Django Unchained was brilliant, as was Flight. Life Of Pi was a good story, if a little long. The Impossible was a decent show as well. Pure emotional blackmail though!