BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

My recent viewings

Noah - Don't bother - 3/10

Anchorman 2 - Ok, not as quotable as the first film, Very silly in parts, but watchable - 5/10

Gravity - Excellent - 9/10

Philomena - Tough watch at times, but a good film, great acting from Coogan and Dench. 7/10

Enemy Mine - An older film (80s) but under-rated, good message. 6/10

The Fisher King - Another older film. Different, but enjoyable, 7/10

Saving Mr Banks - Whimsical, good family movie, more good acting. 7/10

On the slate for the coming weeks

The Butler

12 Years a Slave

X Men: Days of Past

gravity 9?

I would give it 0.9,i was bored from start to finish.

I know what ya mean Abs! I was sat there waiting for it to get going and then.............It finished :blink: For me, t'was total pants!(Superb CGI though. Could have actually been shot in space, it was so realistic)

• Backroom

I saw it at the cinema and loved it, it was perfect for a braindead 90 minutes and the use of 3d was brilliant and had a gimmick that worked.

I watched The Raid after and realised that the raid is the same concept but much much better mind.

I didn't realise until recently that Mama was Cersei from game of thrones either

We watched White House down last night. so awful it was good for Friday night entertainment. all I need on Fridays is something to relax me after a tiring week at work. If I were taking over the world or whatever though I'd make damn sure my footsoldiers could hit a slowmoving target at 10 feet. Baddies are always such awful shots

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Our film club choice for March was "What We Did On Our Holiday" written by Andy Hamilton and starring David Tennant, Billy Connolly, Rosamund Pike, Celia Imrie, Ben Miller and Emilia Jones.

Quite brilliant and hugely entertaining.

Edited by Paul

• Backroom

Will look The Guest up, loved You're Next.

Just seen The Raid 2 is now on Netflix so that's being watched soon

Edited by Tom M

I watched nightcrawler yesterday(yea I know perfect Easter viewing :wacko: ) have to say I was expecting better, the acting was very good(if a little ott) and it was really well shot but I thought the plot was very predictable and a bit mediocre.

I think Ill finally get around to watching interstellar for the 1st time later, my expectations are fairley low as on the whole, but nolans films are still usually entertaining and look great however many plot holes and flaws they all have.

Edited by I.must.be.batty

Raid 2 was epic, maybe the best action film I've ever seen.

71 was a good thriller, great action and holds your attention. A British soldier becomes separated from his unit in northern Ireland at the height of the troubles.

Sleepless night, great action film that had some twists in the tail, Keeps you interested right until the end. A cop steals a drug lord's cache of merchandise and in return the drug Lord kidnaps the cop's son. Well worth the watch.

Fury, brad Pitt world war two tank epic as they go behind enemy lines trying to push back desperate German rearguard. Wasn't expecting the awesome ending which was pure win.

District thirteen, free running stunts on steroids with no wires or CGI. Story takes a backseat but the action kicks so much ass you won't care.

lavender hill mob. Found it hysterically funny, a real treat

Edited by broadsword

Watched Interstellar over Easter....hmmm

I can't decide whether it was a tour de force or a bit of a let down?

I suppose you can't argue with the ambition of the project, the scale of the set pieces and the thought provoking scientific parts, but was the storyline a bit of a stretch to far?

Intrigued to know what others thought.