Sign in to follow this  
ABBEY

Movie Discussion

I enjoyed it way more than i was expecting as well(and I didn't really like the 1st 3 much) definitely a film that needs to be seen on the big screen to really be enjoyed.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it, nutcases that lot. I believe Louis Theroux is filming a documentary about them too.

The organisations just run by depraved conmen(and women) the followers are just your usual easily lead lost souls that get sucked into these kinds of cults.(or at leasy thays how its portrayed in the doc)

That said some of the techniques they practice(ie.'reducing') probably would be very effective techniques to use in phsychiatry by profesionals that wouldn't abuse it to virtually blackmail theire patients.

Edited by T J Batty Man

The organisations just run by depraved conmen(and women) the followers are just your usual easily lead lost souls that get sucked into these kinds of cults.(or at leasy thays how its portrayed in the doc)

That said some of the techniques they practice(ie.'reducing') probably would be very effective techniques to use in phsychiatry by profesionals that wouldn't abuse it to virtually blackmail theire patients.

They do seem rather sinister don't they

Far More than 'seem' if even a wuarter of the testimonies in the doc are true.

Cruise is a conundrum, he comes across as vile, egotistical and narcasistic as the rest of the leaders in the doc but he's such a great charismatic actor and so frickin enthusiastic it makes it really hard to dislike him even though i know i really should.

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago, on it they showed how vociferously the go after people who leave the 'church'. They really made this guys life hell. They call them squirrels or something.

On a side note I've noticed that recently there's been a few adverts for Scientology on TV.

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago, on it they showed how vociferously the go after people who leave the 'church'. They really made this guys life hell. They call them squirrels or something.

On a side note I've noticed that recently there's been a few adverts for Scientology on TV.

yes it shows the squirrels out in force in this one to, haven't noticed the tv adds though

Watched Jurassic World this week, full of daft situations, dafter characters and the daftest of the daft of plots but I really enjoyed it. Just makes you smile.

I want a pet raptor, I would call it Hank and we would go for walks in Ashville.

Grief reb! Good to hear from you again.

Thanks so much, good to still be heard.

Now don't be silly

That man is my hero, ever since "Frank" That looks badass

I really enjoyed The Family too.

Watched Chappie the other day and quite liked that also. I'm going through a bad streak of actually enjoying films!

Yeah, 3rded about the family, a good film indeed, enjoyed it!

The longest ride - surprisingly a decent well made film.I wouldn't have chosen to watch it but had to through work.I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i did and would thoroughly recommend it.Would make a good 'date movie'. :)

7/10

Inside out was superb as was the short before it.

Pixar knocking it out of the park again but sadly their next effort looks like being a dud.

Praise be.

Just managed to download Episodes IV to VI WITHOUT Lucas's annoying add ons. Exactly the way they were released :)

If anyone wants the details inbox me.

Finally got round to watching the second captain America, great stuff better than Avengers Assemble for me

Just watched Warrior on the recommendation of a few different people. The plot is flimsy, cliché ridden and telegraphed, even Nick Nolte doing his best Nick Nolte impression can't save it. To say there are threads left untied is an understatement and the number of conceits that go virtually unchallenged is unbelievable. I suspect most of it's appeal is a permanently sweaty Tom Hardy is the main attraction for most people. Even Rocky I had more storyline.

Praise be.

Just managed to download Episodes IV to VI WITHOUT Lucas's annoying add ons. Exactly the way they were released :)

If anyone wants the details inbox me.

This is the version you need http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

Tried watching Interstellar last night but my "copy" failed with 30 minutes to go. Can't say it's over exciting so far and what is it with the crap A.I. robots? I think the original Marvin from the BBC Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was almost on a par!

This is the version you need http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

Tried watching Interstellar last night but my "copy" failed with 30 minutes to go. Can't say it's over exciting so far and what is it with the crap A.I. robots? I think the original Marvin from the BBC Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was almost on a par!

Wouldn't worry too much about interstellar, starts off ok and gets badly worse toward the end.

I do love a good documentary, especially when it's on a conspiracy theory so tonight I wasn't let down.

Soaked In Blood

P.I. who was originally paid by Courtney Love to investigate Kurt Cobain's disappearance, makes it obvious he's convinced (with good reason) it wasn't suicide and that Love conspired with others to murder Cobain.

The acted scenes are unnecessary and it rare digs deeper than his own evidence and the of a former police chief and a forensics expert who both admit it wasn't investigate properly, but the fact that this guy recorded every conversation so we get to hear Love and others own words add some real weight to it.

I'd need to hear the other side of the story to be convinced, but there is a lot for actual evidence (rather than the usual supposition and theorising passed off as evidence that conspiracy films are often built around) in the form of recordings to go at here.