BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Anyone else seen Shutter Island yet?

Thought that was brilliant, don't want to go into too much detail without ruining it for others but certainly has you guessing most of the way through just to how it's all going to link together, it's fairly obvious that everything isn't quite as it seems but it's hard to piece everything together. Definitely recommended, it's not just a good film in terms of storyline but also a great piece of film in general, Scorsese really is one of, if not the best.

Watched it three times now, so many little bits I've picked up on now and noticed that I didn't see the first time.

Watched "A Prophet" at the weekend, a very good film with a novel approach to a crime thriller, well worth watching. The action centres around our "hero's" time in a French prison, documenting how, perhaps arguing why, prison is not necessarily the right solution for young offenders. This is a film with very violent undertones though fortunately only one scene containing any real violence - which had both myself and my wife flinching as it was very graphic. Don't be put off by this as it is entirely relevant, just be prepared.

I watched this recently and is definitely worth checking out, I'm very into prison films and documentaries etc in general so was quite looking forward to it. A very good film but something seemed to be missing for me, couldn't quite put my finger on it, perhaps it was just because of the language and subtitles. Enjoyed it but not sure if I could sit through it again, seemed to drag a little towards the end I thought and never quite got to where I hoped it would go. I think I was hoping for more violence!

Thought that was brilliant, don't want to go into too much detail without ruining it for others but certainly has you guessing most of the way through just to how it's all going to link together, it's fairly obvious that everything isn't quite as it seems but it's hard to piece everything together. Definitely recommended, it's not just a good film in terms of storyline but also a great piece of film in general, Scorsese really is one of, if not the best.

Watched it three times now, so many little bits I've picked up on now and noticed that I didn't see the first time.

I havent but saw an ad for it last night, it looks brilliant. Definitely will now I've read your views. Cheers!

I saw Solomon Kane last night and it's a good show. You know exactly what you are getting when you see the trailer. Don't expect anything more than a dark fantasy movie, with a good amount of swash buckling action. There's a lot of things out at the moment which I want to see. I'm going to Crazy Horse later on this evening. The Crazies, Green Zone and Food Inc are all on the list of movies to be seen this month.

I watched this recently and is definitely worth checking out, I'm very into prison films and documentaries etc in general so was quite looking forward to it. A very good film but something seemed to be missing for me, couldn't quite put my finger on it, perhaps it was just because of the language and subtitles. Enjoyed it but not sure if I could sit through it again, seemed to drag a little towards the end I thought and never quite got to where I hoped it would go. I think I was hoping for more violence!

Shutter Island, excellent book by one of my favorite authors. Haven't seen the film yet, but it is on my list.

Very into prison films? Something we should know? :P

I've just remembered the end to Death Note, and how it was slightly confusing.It is the bit when the kid with the Death Note finally meets M, and they walk off together. There is a shot of M's crisps which are the other lad's favourite flavour, and a sort of unspoken look between the two that suggests that they may have collaborated with all the murders all along. Slightly odd ending, but a good film.

No doubt it'll have a crap US remake.

I went to see Crazy Heart on Wednesday night and thought that it was superb. Jeff Bridges really gives a career defining performance. It's a very sad movie and that's what makes it so good. I wouldn't be a fan of country music at all, but the stuff in this is fantastic. I would highly recommend this movie.

Shutter Island, excellent book by one of my favorite authors. Haven't seen the film yet, but it is on my list.

Very into prison films? Something we should know? :P

Not a big reader myself so no idea what the novel is like, could well be one of those films which don't do the novel justice as often claimed but all I can say is I think it's a very good film, watched it for the 4th time yesterday and would rank it as probably my favourite film of the year so far.

I don't know what it is with prison films, I think I just like to see films which show lifestyles that the majority of us are never going to experience ourselves and can't even really begin to imagine. I'm sure some of them are far fetched at times and I don't have a lot of sympathy for criminals but I'm sure there are plenty of times when people have been in for petty crimes but then got mixed up with the wrong crowd or simply were in the wrong place at the wrong time and have ended up deep in prison life on a long term sentance in a nasty prison, just makes me think sometimes, Wow that could actually happen almost just through bad luck and poor choices and how lucky we are to have what we have, however little that may seem at times.

Some of my favourite prison films are 'Shawshank Redemption' which goes without saying really, 'The Escapist' featuring Jonny Lee Miller and 'Felon' featuring Val Kilmer and Stephen Dorff, 'The Hurricane' featuring Denzil Washington are three great examples of Good Guy Gone Bad prison films.

'The Green Mile', 'American History X', 'Redemption' , 'Papillion' are also some great prison movies. American History X is one of my favorites of all time, more of the bad guy come good in that one though.

Any zombie movie fans have to watch the treat from Norway called 'Dead Snow' - my half assed review.

What is more scary than zombies? Nazi Zombies. What is scarier than that? The snow hats that are on show in this movie. Five friends plan to meet another friend in a secluded log cabin in the Norwegian wilderness. Fun and frolics ensue and even a game of Twister. Little do the friends know but the countryside is littered with dead German soldiers. Headed by a very nasty looking S.S. Colonel the soldiers lay siege to the friends in a frenzy of gore and brains. Dead Snow is a zombie movie that should be lauded up there among the best. Its mix of humor and fantastic gore effect are a joy to behold. It has a “Scream” like quality with its subtle fun poking at other zombie movies, and zombie mythology as a whole. Watch this movie and enjoy its sheer zaniness and its creative zombie kills. Gore Meter 5/5 Scare Meter 2/5

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.. Keeping seeing this book everywhere...Now to become a film...any good?

Just about to be released - but it's the 'original', a Swedish film with subtitles. Still, it'll be twice the film as the inevitable Hollywood remake that'll appear in a year or two.