Sign in to follow this  
ABBEY

Movie Discussion

I thought the Coen Brothers pulled off a great remake in True Grit. Jeff Bridges does a grand job as Rooster Cogburn.

Wanted to see that but struggled to find it on at a sensible time. Blackburn had it at 9pm which means that weeknights we would be home too late - getting old and need my sleep - and other cinemas only had it during the day. Planned to go to Burnley to watch it cos they had it at a reasonable time but other events got in the way so I guess it's wait for Sky or the dvd now.

"Chalet Girl" is OK if you go with a 15 years old daughter who likes Bill Bailey.

Otherwise probably avoid.

Nothing wong with it, it's a "feel good" film, nothing wrong with that at all, but it's a bit lightweight.

Has anyone else seen Moon?

Bloody fantastic.

Yeah decent first film from Zowie Bowie!

His new film is out soon, looks pretty good.

Has anyone else seen Moon?

Bloody fantastic.

I also thought it was brilliant, but probably not evryones cup of tea so to speak.

Yeah decent first film from Zowie Bowie!

His new film is out soon, looks pretty good.

I am looking forward to that one too.

Looks good for sure.

Moon is the kind of film I usually like but I don't enjoy films with Sam Rockwell, something I just find somehow off-putting irregardless of his acting prowess.

Edited by TCO

Limitless looks awesome, definitely want to see that!

I watched The girl with the dragon tattoo last night and it was excellent. It's quite a hard watch at times (it's no Saturday night popcorn movie) but worth the effort. I'd advise you to get the original Swedish version now, before the forthcoming hollywood remake.

I watched The girl with the dragon tattoo last night and it was excellent. It's quite a hard watch at times (it's no Saturday night popcorn movie) but worth the effort. I'd advise you to get the original Swedish version now, before the forthcoming hollywood remake.

That took you a while.

Agree with you re it's excellence.

I also have to say that there is no need for a Hollywood remake.

Watched Freddy vs Jason last night, what a masterpiece!

But seriously it is what it is and does a decent job of being a corny throwback horror.

That took you a while.

I still haven't seen Apocalypse Now, let alone something from 3 or 4 years ago :)

I also have to say that there is no need for a Hollywood remake.

I agree, bud sadly it's on it's way (and I'd imagine very very toned down, I'll wager the scenes with the probation officer will be softened a lot)

Judging by the ads, that Hop looks utterly, utterly ____. It looks like the sort of unbaked, cynical cash-in where the execs think that all they have to do is make a CGI rabbit and it'll be fun for all the family.

Watched Freddy vs Jason last night, what a masterpiece!

But seriously it is what it is and does a decent job of being a corny throwback horror.

Still waiting for the sequel " Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash"

One liners and unkillable freaks - quality.

I watched a preview of the upcoming movie on Aryton Senna the other day and literally had goosebumps, it looks awesome!

Watched 'The French Connection' last night

It felt very dated by modern standards, quite a difficult watch, the sound and picture quality seemed poor and there were long periods of silence, I think a good soundtrack would have helped the story along.

Glad I've seen it, but not in a hurry to watch it again.

i watched shutter island last night......WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT???

I went to see The Eagle tonight, as my husband is away and I didn't really want to come straight home to an empty house as I felt I might have to do some cleaning or something like that. Totally strange - I was the only one in the cinema. enjoyed the film though - nothing like a bit of escapism and a few good fights and villains to dislike.

i watched shutter island last night......WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT???

SPOILER ALERT! If anyone hasn't seen they film, look away now!

Apparently about a bloke so in denial about his Missus killing their kids that he was institutionalised. He's completey lost his mind and makes up a fantasy to help him cope. In order to get him to come to terms with it the docs played along with this fantasy hoping he'll get it out of his system. At the end he tries to convince the docs he's better but he's not really.

Or http://screenrant.com/shutter-island-spoilers-discussion-vic-46052/

Watched sukerpunch last night.

Gorgeous to look at both the sfx and the girls.

Shame the same can't be said for the story.

All in all nothing more than eye candy.

Teenage boys will love it.

Just watched Pans Labrynth, been meaning to watch it for some time and I finally bought the BluRay last week.

Very good film I enjoyed it, pretty brutal at times as well.