BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Whizzed through Piranha yesterday (stopping at various points :rolleyes: ) and have to say it looked so shockingly bad it may be worth a full watch through.

If you de-tach your brain, I'm sure you can enjoy the ride.

I thought it was dire. Even naked girls swimming in 3D couldn't save it.

• Backroom

Are we talking about the original B movie or the B movie remake of the B movie?

Should check out Aligator while you are at it.

I watched Jaws 3 the other day, words cannot describe how bad the effects are in the last scene of that film.

But I was talking about the B movie remake of the B movie with added DD's.

I watched Jaws 3 the other day, words cannot describe how bad the effects are in the last scene of that film.

But I was talking about the B movie remake of the B movie with added DD's.

Yes Jaws 3 effects were pretty gash. The shark, when it is about to come through the window, looks like it has just smelled a vicious crap.

• Like 1

Yes Jaws 3 effects were pretty gash. The shark, when it is about to come through the window, looks like it has just smelled a vicious crap.

:lol: Thats the best bit of the film.

The glass shatters into literally 3 pieces.

I heard they are making a Piranha 2, where they infiltrate a theme park! Basically another Jaws 3 then!

Edited by rog of the rovers

:lol: Thats the best bit of the film.

The glass shatters into literally 3 pieces.

I heard they are making a Piranha 2, where they infiltrate a theme park! Basically another Jaws 3 then!

A scene only bettered by yon posh dude stuck in the throat of the shark still clutching a grenade.

Yes and it is going to be named "Piranha 3DD" hu hu hu... no really, it is.

Going to be directed by John Gulager, the winner of "Project Greenlight" in the US, director of the fantastic horror/neoB Movie, "Feast" (everyone should watch that movie it is absolute class in a cheesy way,) and son of Clu Gulager - the star of the epic "Return of the Living Dead" (2nd best zombie movie ever.)

Edited by rebelmswar

Just bought a film I've been wanting to watch for a while, based on reviews by my mates.

The Abyss

Hope its good!

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I enjoyed it...ground-breaking special effects at the time.

Directed by Cameron,back when he was making proper movies.

• Backroom

I watched Event Horizon for the first time last week, enjoyed it although the effects are a little distracting.

It looked like the director had just discovered CGI and was keen to show it off in parts

• Backroom

watched Super (not 8) the other night. Very odd film. Not a patch on Kick Ass although fairly similar in nature. Quite liked Ellen Page's character at times but then it was really over the top at other times.

I saw a trailer for that it just looked like a blantant copy of Kickass. Is it the guy from the US Office?

watched Super (not 8) the other night. Very odd film. Not a patch on Kick Ass although fairly similar in nature. Quite liked Ellen Page's character at times but then it was really over the top at other times.

Brilliant movie, lots of shocks and funny moments. It's as much a mockery of suphero movies, as it is a portrait of a deranged, mentally-ill person. It was funny, but it's kinda disturbing when you think about the fact that there were so many allusions to a character that you would normally see as the 'antagonist' and psycho-murderer in a crime/thriller movie or a show like Law & Order. It's not for everyone though, but if you're actually comparing it to a teen comedy like Kick Ass then you've probably missed the point. This movie goes to extremes, it went from people laughing out loud to sounding very uneasy and squeamish in the cinema.

It's one of many movies I've seen this year at the Melbourne International Film Festival. Lots of really bizarre plots that you won't find normally - have loved every movie I've seen so far.

I watched Event Horizon for the first time last week, enjoyed it although the effects are a little distracting.

It looked like the director had just discovered CGI and was keen to show it off in parts

Brilliant film. The rest of that director's output however is utter bobbins.