BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Am a massive Star Wars geek, But the constant tinkering of the trilogy has made me put it on hold.

Han Shooting first, all the added CGI and now Vader screaming no!.

I do want it but only for the Extras, I'm going to wait untill they hopefully release the untouched originals.

Tron Legacy is on my list, Not the greatest film ever but it looks gorgeous.

I still love my Bladerunner blu-ray set. Some of the visuals are just stunning.

If you do like bladerunner, get the US 5-disc set though as its region free and contains 5 different versions of the film (theatrical, international cut, directors cut, workprint and the FInal Cut) plus 2 discs of extras.

The UK got a cut down 2-disc final cut and extras only. Granted there is a fair price difference, £9.99 for the UK and £27.99 for the US (which I still think is worth it).

Agree on the sentiments about Star Wars. I'm not paying £65 for a butchered box set. I'll wait until that hits the bargain buckets after christmas.

The Alien Anthology is a good set at only £16.99.

Pretty much all the Disney releases are stunning to look at. Toy Story 3 is particularly pin sharp.

I just watched 'Drive', which has recently hit the theatres.

Fantastic thriller, with a retro style and perfect soundtrack.

Drive is different from the normal hollywood blockbuster, but in a good way. It has a european touch with it.

The movie has gathered great reviews and enjoys a solid 8.3 score at IMDB.com.

This isn't a movie for everyone, as it could be viewed by some as slow paced, perhaps too violent, lack of lenghty dialogues.

Although those are generally negative connotations, they actually help making the movie better and not far from a modern classic.

Am a massive Star Wars geek, But the constant tinkering of the trilogy has made me put it on hold.

I do want it but only for the Extras, I'm going to wait untill they hopefully release the untouched originals.

Tron Legacy is on my list, Not the greatest film ever but it looks gorgeous.

The new transfer of Pulp Fiction is outstanding, very crisp and the sounds are great. Tarantino personally sat and supervised every aspect of it, and he did it very well.

Lucas can now kiss my rump, bloody "Nooooooooooo" should have left him silent, it made it seem that he was more hard pressed with the decision. And as for the way they have changed Obi Wans scream when scaring away the Sandpeople...

George Lucas is the world's biggest troll.

The irony is that he doesn't make needed changes. There's plenty of dated SFX that need touching up but instead he chooses to mess around with the iconic imagery that made SW classic cinema.

George Lucas is the world's biggest troll.

The irony is that he doesn't make needed changes. There's plenty of dated SFX that need touching up but instead he chooses to mess around with the iconic imagery that made SW classic cinema.

I saw a website recently that tracked all the minor changes to all the 6 films. What's really surprising is that his messing is not a recent thing, he made "tweaks" to the original Star Wars whilst it was still in it's initial cinema run and hasn't stopped since.

Timeline of changes

Text Version

Watched "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" tonight.

Forgot how fantastic it was.

Looking to find "The Stuff" another solid horror comedy.

I blame watching Troll 2 for getting me on this idiot horror train.

/quote]

Best comedy Horror Ive seen is Revenge of Billy Kid...Starts off Old Mcdomald had a farm and on his farm he had a goat..Lots of Dingle like Chararcters in it

Best comedy Horror Ive seen is Revenge of Billy Kid...Starts off Old Mcdomald had a farm and on his farm he had a goat..Lots of Dingle like Chararcters in it

I will have to pick that up and give it a go.

Just watched "Alligator" (1980) and "Christmas Evil" (1980) I am on a trip through the year 1980 for a book I am doing. I was utterly surprised about these two, "Alligator" was wonderful action/horror cheese and "Christmas Evil" was a class act in terms of psychological disturbance. I so thought that "Christmas Evil" was going to be utter crap, but was not, by any stretch.

Next on the slate is "Cannibal Apocalypse" (1980) and "Altered States"(1980)

• Backroom

Most my blu rays are Disney or Pixar and they pretty much all look great. Ratatouille still looks about the best of the lot.

Disapointed that there's not more Halloween films on tonight I know it's not till Monday but I like a good Friday night horror

Most my blu rays are Disney or Pixar and they pretty much all look great. Ratatouille still looks about the best of the lot.

Disapointed that there's not more Halloween films on tonight I know it's not till Monday but I like a good Friday night horror

Tom,

I don't know if psychological terror is your cup of tea but "Antichrist" is the most disturbing movie I have seen in a long time. If you have a region free blu-ray player the Criterion Collection blu-ray is outstanding. Be warned though, not at all suitable for anyone who can be offended.

Cheers.

Out of print on DVD so its ridiculously expensive :(

Tom,

I don't know if psychological terror is your cup of tea but "Antichrist" is the most disturbing movie I have seen in a long time. If you have a region free blu-ray player the Criterion Collection blu-ray is outstanding. Be warned though, not at all suitable for anyone who can be offended.

It's on Sky from time to time - as as Reb says, it's seriously odd and very graphic.

Edited by MarkBRFC71

• Backroom

Cheers Reb, seen Antichrist my god that's a film to make any man wince, or woman for that matter. Hard hitting stuff.

I like most kinds of horror apart from things like paranormal activity, for some reason ghost flicks freak me out.

My favourite horror in years is probably rec although I was nervous goig in the loft for a whole after ha.

For a enjoyably Halloween film I would recommend Trick R Treat, camp almost b movie type collection of horror films.

Cheers Reb, seen Antichrist my god that's a film to make any man wince, or woman for that matter. Hard hitting stuff.

I like most kinds of horror apart from things like paranormal activity, for some reason ghost flicks freak me out.

My favourite horror in years is probably rec although I was nervous goig in the loft for a whole after ha.

For a enjoyably Halloween film I would recommend Trick R Treat, camp almost b movie type collection of horror films.

The scissor part had me in tatters and I'm not a woman.

Haven't seen rec but I'll give it a spin.

I too highly recommend Trick R' Treat, laughed hard and long at the last story. Was my second horror Blu-ray purchase, Army of Darkness was my first.

• Backroom

Random suggestion, if you haven't seen it already try to watch apocalypto on blu ray it looks stunning and I really enjoy it. Not accurate but a good action film with great scenery and sequences

Just watched 'Let Me In' .... excellent stuff. Was hoping to catch the original Swedish version first but got the opportunity to watch the remake. If the original is a better movie it must be incredible.

I agree. Welcome back to the land of the undead Hammer Productions.

What angle did you take from the movie in regards to the relationship? My view seems to contrast hugely from how others view the relationship.

Edited by rebelmswar