BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

So, since the last poll, we had what most people agree is a rather positive transfer window and we've seen Kean's approval rating rise from 8% to 14%, but answering questions from Sky at today's presser, he said it's only a minority of fans that want rid.

So, it's time for the 4th poll in the series, to see how opinion is changing over time.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the fact people have the option to remove their vote and vote again on the other polls negates the need for further polls, maybe I'm missing the point but another poll to sack the useless prat strikes me as completly unnecessary.

Here comes a ban......

Very very few users bother changing their vote though, new people always give a WAY better indication of trends than hoping people change their vote to an existing one. One of the reason I keep repeating these poll as the percentage splits change significantly between each one and it's that switch I find interesting.

... and why on earth would be ban you for that ?

no , its not a minority its the vast majority want him sacked ..... but that opens up new problems like who to bring in ? who will work under the conditions Kean has found himself in ?

No change from me.

You don't become a football manager in nine months, fact proved. OUT!

You don't suddenly become a football manager after a disastrous 9 months by beating Fulham. The man has to go now and Venkys need to face the fact that they plain and simple, got Allardyces successor wrong!

So, since the last poll, we had what most people agree is a rather positive transfer window and we've seen Kean's approval rating rise from 8% to 14%, but answering questions from Sky at today's presser, he said it's only a minority of fans that want rid.

So, it's time for the 4th poll in the series, to see how opinion is changing over time.

Did he specifically say Rovers fans though. I am sure 100% of Dingles want him to stay in a job - as presumably will most supporters of other Premiership clubs. :tu:

Surely a better time for the poll is after Sunday?

We can have another poll on Sunday :D

I think having a number of polls on the topic is actually a good idea, we could even get someone to make an exel graph to chart the discontent shown by supporters over a period of time.

First thing this morning I would have probably voted to give him more time having just brought in some new faces to the club, but his comments on Sky today have swayed me the other way as they give the impression he feels he is untouchable and doesn't care about the fans... and it stinks

as much as im unhappy with kean, i dont have an issue with what he's saying in that article.

of course, he's trying to play down the discontent- by saying its a 'minority'

and his points about the squad are valid IMO.

hammering kean for EVERYTHING he says is getting a bit tiresome.

that's not aimed at you, matty! ;)

It's a tough situation zac, especially to fair minded people (and I think Rovers fans have a tradition of being fair minded).

Trouble with Kean is that we don't know if he has anything else left in his locker. What he has displayed to date is no where near good enough. Neither does he have any background/reputation to fall back on as a manager so we can only judge him on what we have seen. You won't find anyone who thinks that what he has shown so far is enough.

Yet he may have bought wisely and the players may pull him through by starting off on a good winning streak, that's either good for the club points wise or bad for the club as we'll never shift him.

He may have something in reserve talent wise and he may have had sh!t luck so far, he may be a quick learner and be headed for good things - but who knows. I hope he does well in his managerial career. However from what we've seen so far the balance of probabilities is so stacked against him that it would be a miracle if he turned things around. Our premiership status demands that we cannot wait to find out.

His character is completely another matter though, I have my views on his drink/driving, his spin and his machiavellian traits and on those counts alone I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. You could argue I suppose that if we are prepared to look at the Dioufs and Bartons of this world because their footy skill is all we're concerned with then we could dismiss Keans peccadilloes as colour, but I don't share that view.

As I've said many times before, I am positive that Venkys will not fire Kean so ... taken in the round, Kean is at the point in his Ewood career where he deserves to be fired, he's shown nothing and behaved badly off the ball. He may come good but then I could win the lottery.

My favoured solution is to get him out now and I won't change that stance even if/when we are climbing the table. It's best to do it now and if protesting or sending open letters is the way to get results then I'm all for it. "Hammering Kean" at every opportunity is then (IMO) a valid tactic as it keeps the spotlight on him and forces his head above the parapet.

Tiresome or otherwise, and for the above reasons, I hope he is ridiculed at every opportunity until he crosses the threser onto the street.

Just my opinion of course - I'm trying to be fair.

Only one way for Koko and thats out the door - never to darken football for as long as he shall live

I am also now if the opinion that clowns everywhere should begin to sue for the negative impact on their career due to the above comparisons.

Gacey damaged their image less.

I was in two minds. Transfer window has ended, new signings do need time to bed in. Bad luck v Everton (not really his fault that high paid professionals can't take pens)...

...and then I remembered "the other stuff"...

No experience and 19 other Premier League clubs wouldn't have employed him as a manager

Signing players on his own Agents recommendation

His Agent

The drink driving

The fans spiked my drink line

The fact he signed Myles Anderson

His commitment to the club (he still lives in Surrey)

Oh and the win percentage - that's quite important

and the fact that I really can't be doing with him. So he should go. The fact is he should have gone at the end of last season but there you go.

First thing this morning I would have probably voted to give him more time having just brought in some new faces to the club, but his comments on Sky today have swayed me the other way as they give the impression he feels he is untouchable and doesn't care about the fans... and it stinks

Why would he publicly say that ALL the fans hate him? Stupid PR if he did. Damage limitation, don't sway the other fans who are on the fence and try not to ###### off the minority who hate him whilst at the same time trying to keep the team in check and out of the spotlight before a big game on Sunday.

Would you have preferred?..'The majority of fans hate me so i'm not going to bother trying to win on Sunday because my doom is inevitable. Squad, I ask you to put as little amount as effort in as is humanly possible, bring your deck chairs.'

I'm sorry I could give hundreds of reason's to sack him, yet I can't think of one single reason for him to stay.

I won't bother listing my reasons for him going as they are well documented, and it makes my blood boil when I think of the guy (Lower than a snakes belly)

But putting all the smelly, devious things he has done to one side, football is a results business and he simply has not got them since he got the job.

Therefore if I was basing my decision purely on football then Kean should go now, before we find ourselves in another mission impossible.

Last time we has a Manager capable of pulling us out of the mess that Ince left us in, However if Kean was to go, there are not too many Managers out there who have a CV capable of pulling a team out of a relegation fight, so best to replace him whilst we aint in one

Should Kean go now whilst there is lots of football to be played then our options to find the right replacement would be much larger. (The right profile for the job in hand)

Archived