BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

no , its not a minority its the vast majority want him sacked ..... but that opens up new problems like who to bring in ? who will work under the conditions Kean has found himself in ?

Indeed and not a lot of wisdom floating around on that point. Everyone assumes that Hughes and his entourage will jet back in, and then jet out to Pune every month. Not sure how long that love affair will last if it begins at all.

If you want Kean sacked who will replace him, when will he come, can we afford him, how long will it take to get him. If the answer is not Hughes then that could mean a big gap. Are we happy with Jensen covering the role or would he be fired as well ?

For those who want kean sacked Sunday the answers to these questions would be helpful

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in two minds. Transfer window has ended, new signings do need time to bed in. Bad luck v Everton (not really his fault that high paid professionals can't take pens)...

...and then I remembered "the other stuff"...

No experience and 19 other Premier League clubs wouldn't have employed him as a manager

Signing players on his own Agents recommendation

His Agent

The drink driving

The fans spiked my drink line

The fact he signed Myles Anderson

His commitment to the club (he still lives in Surrey)

Oh and the win percentage - that's quite important

and the fact that I really can't be doing with him. So he should go. The fact is he should have gone at the end of last season but there you go.

Exactly as above, apart from I was not in two minds.

Fulham away is a difficult fixture, yet I remember several famous wins there in recent history, two of which where we scored 4 goals. However, as I would currently put my mortgage on us not winning this weekend, or the week after, the vote remains get rid.

An optimal weekend would be a point and his resignation.

Why would he publicly say that ALL the fans hate him? Stupid PR if he did. Damage limitation, don't sway the other fans who are on the fence and try not to ###### off the minority who hate him whilst at the same time trying to keep the team in check and out of the spotlight before a big game on Sunday.

Would you have preferred?..'The majority of fans hate me so i'm not going to bother trying to win on Sunday because my doom is inevitable. Squad, I ask you to put as little amount as effort in as is humanly possible, bring your deck chairs.'

your point is not really valid.

Hate and frustrated are completely different.

Kean said a small minority are frustrated.

Whats wrong with after the worse start in 60 years saying we are "all" frustrated, I though saying a small minority is just saying to the majority, your happy, your not bothered, this is acceptable.

Obviously he would never saty hate even if its true in a minority, hates a lot stronger then dislike.

At his press conference today, I felt that he looked under pressure which showed with a really nervous smile.

A lot will depend on Sundays game - I feel that he may have reached the INCE - Wigan away situation. It will all depend on whether or not the players put in a proper shift.

Kean just seems to keep his head down when the flak hits and eventually fans feelings subside. He has more front than Blackburn Primark so there's no way he's walking.

The longer this goes on, the closer we get, not to anarchy breaking out, but shuffling quietly towards full-scale apathy...

Message to Venky's...

KOHUsmall.jpg

Indeed and not a lot of wisdom floating around on that point. Everyone assumes that Hughes and his entourage will jet back in, and then jet out to Pune every month. Not sure how long that love affair will last if it begins at all.

If you want Kean sacked who will replace him, when will he come, can we afford him, how long will it take to get him. If the answer is not Hughes then that could mean a big gap. Are we happy with Jensen covering the role or would he be fired as well ?

For those who want kean sacked Sunday the answers to these questions would be helpful

I reckon it was Kean's idea in the first place to jet off to Pune every month. That way he keeps them happy with his sweet-talking-man character and they don't need to come over to see for themselves what's going on and possibly start talking to the wrong people. Any new manager would be dead stupid to continue going to Pune.

The fact is he should have gone at the end of last season but there you go.

Exactly Bobbers

And so he should 'go'

glen9mullan

I'm sorry I could give hundreds of reason's to sack him, yet I can't think of one single reason for him to stay.

Therefore if I was basing my decision purely on football then Kean should go now, before we find ourselves in another mission impossible.

Last time we has a Manager capable of pulling us out of the mess that Ince left us in, However if Kean was to go, there are not too many Managers out there who have a CV capable of pulling a team out of a relegation fight, so best to replace him whilst we aint in one

Should Kean go now whilst there is lots of football to be played then our options to find the right replacement would be much larger. (The right profile for the job in hand)

nothing truer

Venkys can't hear the fans easily, they can hear the press though, so the longer he can mislead the press, at the expense of pee'ing of the fans, the better for him.

Ok I'm going to ask a question going back to his appointment as manager( for den and co's benefit) The anti Sam are being blamed for Kean , buggers belief I know, but hand on heart who had actually heard of kean ? I know I hadn't !

lol yeah its true, they wanted Sam sacked but probably didn't even know Kean existed, ironic.

I had no idea who he was.

although he was assistant manager at Fulham (but got sacked).

I'm not going to vote because I've lost interest in the discussion. If I voted it would be "No" but not for any particular reason other than for a change, which is as good as a rest. At present I simply couldn't give a fig about Venky's or Kean, until the useless bunch do something worth discussing there is nothing left to say.

My only thought would be this. Against Everton there were ocassions when the team attacked positively, with speed and excitment. I am serious about this there were some moments of genuinely good football. Is this down to Kean, the players, the new signings, I don't know? I wish Kean had the balls to put this lot on the pitch and have a go, but he won't.

I expect we will get beat on Sunday, I expect to get stuffed by Arsenal, I'll still go but I can't even get angry now.

So for me Glenn you need another option:

Don't care.................................

Ok I'm going to ask a question going back to his appointment as manager( for den and co's benefit) The anti Sam are being blamed for Kean , buggers belief I know, but hand on heart who had actually heard of kean ? I know I hadn't !

Ironically, the only time I heard of Kean was when Sam employed him!

Well I knew at the time that he was Chris Coleman number 2 at Fulham and Coventry City when they were there. ;):D

Also knew that Cheslea wanted him to be Scolari assistant when he was there. :lol:

At his press conference today, I felt that he looked under pressure which showed with a really nervous smile.

Noticed the smile too, coming out on 2-3 occasions when asked on his reaction to the letter, must be a nervous one as there is not much else to smile about.

Every interview gets worse and worse....I think there's alot of stuff that hasn't come out about Kean, that would change the opinions of the people voting "keep".

He doesn't give a sh1t about the fans at all.......Get Rid now!!!!

BTW I must be in the "minority" of fans who want the puppet out! :wacko:

Archived