BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Every interview gets worse and worse....I think there's alot of stuff that hasn't come out about Kean, that would change the opinions of the people voting "keep".

He doesn't give a sh1t about the fans at all.......Get Rid now!!!!

BTW I must be in the "minority" of fans who want the puppet out! :wacko:

I think at the end of last season, it may have just been a minority in comparison to the overall amount of supporters, but it is way beyond that now. The minority of supporters want to give him the chance, the majority want him gone, myself included, unless he can pull out a great escape in the next 3 games.

He has 3 games left for me to prove he can hack it, othwerwise, I don`t think he should walk away from the club, I think he should return to coaching at the club if possible, as by all accounts he is a top coach - and then let a manager come in, and let Kean learn from him if that is waht his aspirations are

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a Minority of fans in favour of getting rid? NO, but its not 90/10

Is this the right time to get rid of him? DO NOT KNOW, if a successor lined up then within the next 3 games.

Are the fans being fair? YES, its only the WIN percentage that counts and he was very lucky with the End of Season results that kept him here.

Is anything else important? NO. Including the 'witch hunt' on drink driving. As a supporter I will never forget Larissa Away in Greece when we showed that Drink comes first for most Away supporters.

What is really important is the ones who might be saying "I do not care" because apathy is the enemy for BRFC and only results in MU shirts around in Blackburn. This is the only area that the Clampits beat us on.

Is a Minority of fans in favour of getting rid? NO, but its not 90/10

Is this the right time to get rid of him? DO NOT KNOW, if a successor lined up then within the next 3 games.

Are the fans being fair? YES, its only the WIN percentage that counts and he was very lucky with the End of Season results that kept him here.

Is anything else important? NO. Including the 'witch hunt' on drink driving. As a supporter I will never forget Larissa Away in Greece when we showed that Drink comes first for most Away supporters.

What is really important is the ones who might be saying "I do not care" because apathy is the enemy for BRFC and only results in MU shirts around in Blackburn. This is the only area that the Clampits beat us on.

Eh? Rovers fans having a jolly watching their team abroad means they arent allowed to discuss their managers drink driving conviction?

also, you saying you don't see glory shirts in Burney? Behave yourself, you're listenitng to too much of their BS, bit like their mythical 3000-5000 away followings.

I'll give him a few games now the transfer window is over and he has the team he wants to work with.. :tu:

trouble is how much time do we give him? With him seemingly looking enept at this level i'm worried that we get cut adrift and if/when the new manager comes we are in a position we cant come back from.

trouble is how much time do we give him? With him seemingly looking enept at this level i'm worried that we get cut adrift and if/when the new manager comes we are in a position we cant come back from.

I know what you mean, but the signings in Jan coupled with the ones from this summer have been decent. Many of our starting 11 now will be signings from SK, surely any time to judge will be now that he has built the majority of it. I'll give him 3 games, and they are tough ones.. 4 if he's lucky. :tu:

Was it Captain Bellwhiff himself who said it was a minority, or the reporter at the conference putting their interpretation on it? If it is the former, I'm guessing he has only met fans who feel awkward about telling him to resign face to face. I admit I would find it hard to vent my anger at the complete hash he's made of it.

, but I'm just too polite and generally shy to list the many reasons why I want him out to his face. He is completely deluded and in fairy land if he thinks a minority want him out. It's just that most people have been too worn down to boo him or whatever.

So I voted Kean out, as I have done. He should have gone after the final whistle against Wolves in May.

And yet people on here don't realise that out of the 20,000 or so that go to Ewood every other week; a messageboard community IS a minority.

Which means the poll is pretty much pointless and proves shag all.

"so you're saying Rovers fans want him as our manager!!?"

Some do, yeh. But unless you have a mass petition on the gates at Ewood we'll never know who is right in their opinion.

Ps. Can we close this thread and start yet ANOTHER pointless poll? :rolleyes:

for fans outside of the UK, the Steve Kean press click here

Cheers.

I love how he highlights his great relationship with the owners over and over again in every interview. It's also noticeable that he fails to mention having the same type of relationship with the fans despite "a minority" wanting him out... <_<

I also agree with what others have said in that he seems to be under a little more pressure of late.

And yet people on here don't realise that out of the 20,000 or so that go to Ewood every other week; a messageboard community IS a minority.

Some do, yeh. But unless you have a mass petition on the gates at Ewood we'll never know who is right in their opinion.

Come on arran, 'tis very likely a majority that want him out, 50% plus 1? No doubt.

the fact brfcs is only a small caption of our support doesn't change that.

As I pointed out elsewhere, our unique visitors (not visits) has now passed the LTs advertised distribution (not readership, as the claim an average of 2.6 people read every copy), so the reach is wider than you think. But everyone I talk to is frustrated with Kean, sure some now want to give him a few games with his new signing, but I don't know anyone that is happy (and oddly, yes, I do know Rovers fans who don't come on here).

.. and as stated before, the reason for re-doing the polls isn't pointless, the shift each time is very telling, he WAS gaining ground (8%-12%) until today's presser, now he's dropped right down again. Another poll after Fulham will be even more revealing.

Come on arran, 'tis very likely a majority that want him out, 50% plus 1? No doubt.

the fact brfcs is only a small caption of our support doesn't change that.

But tis very likely a minority that want him out, 50% minus 1?

Its another pointless thread going over the same ground.

I thought Mods were on here to help clean the site up? not litter it with the same old poo?

.. and as stated before, the reason for re-doing the polls isn't pointless, the shift each time is very telling, he WAS gaining ground (8%-12%) until today's presser, now he's dropped right down again. Another poll after Fulham will be even more revealing.

So everytime he does something new or says something in the press we're going to have a new poll?

Surely a better time for the poll is after Sunday?

Pardon? This is the big problem we might win on Sunday but we have an inexperienced drink driver running the club.. A bad example for children as well as his own team who might want to party the night before an important game and who is to say NO? Kean..LOL :D

Its another pointless thread going over the same ground.

Essentially the same thread (we lock the old one and divert it here. They are only recreated so we can preserve the poll history (with hindsight, just copying the numbers into a spreadsheet and blanking the poll may have been easier for people to understand).

I thought Mods were on here to help clean the site up? not litter it with the same old poo?

We have one active thread on Steve Kean. Seems pretty tidy to me. Same old poo is because most people still feel the same way

So everytime he does something new or says something in the press we're going to have a new poll?

Whilst I'm running this little experiment, yes, if it's something I feel will significant change people's view of him, then yes. There is a long term point to all this. Honest.

Look here, we're going to keep holding polls until everyone wants him out :lol:

As I pointed out elsewhere, our unique visitors (not visits) has now passed the LTs advertised distribution (not readership, as the claim an average of 2.6 people read every copy), so the reach is wider than you think. But everyone I talk to is frustrated with Kean, sure some now want to give him a few games with his new signing, but I don't know anyone that is happy (and oddly, yes, I do know Rovers fans who don't come on here).

Certainly more revealing if we win. less so if we lose :rock:

I'm sorry I could give hundreds of reasons to sack him, yet I can't think of one single reason for him to stay.

Great summary.

I don't need to write paragraphs about why I want Kean out, just look at his results in almost a year as manager of our club.

Overpromoted, sneaky, arrogant, a proven liar and massively incompetent at the job he's being paid to do.

Sack him or be relegated - over to you, Venky's...

Of all my work colleagues, family, friends and fans around where I sit at Ewood I don't know anybody who wants him as manager. I would also say that these are all level headed, responsible people who can think for themselves. My feelings about him haven't altered and I would hazard a guess that the majority of Rovers fans I speak to on Sunday at Fulham will feel the same way.

I really don't get the 3,5 or even 10 games that some fans are suggesting he should have. By that time we could be marooned at the foot of the table and that will take a recovery of gargantuan proportions.

Archived