BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'm running this little experiment, yes, if it's something I feel will significant change people's view of him, then yes. There is a long term point to all this. Honest.

If we start winning & carry on playing football then people will vote to keep him. (unless some people are still holding on to the Donut "insult")

If we keep losing and it looks like we're going backwards then people will vote to get rid.

It's just the fickle way of the football fan.

...and then I remembered "the other stuff"...

No experience and 19 other Premier League clubs wouldn't have employed him as a manager

Signing players on his own Agents recommendation

His Agent

The drink driving

The fans spiked my drink line

The fact he signed Myles Anderson

His commitment to the club (he still lives in Surrey)

Oh and the win percentage - that's quite important

and the fact that I really can't be doing with him. So he should go. The fact is he should have gone at the end of last season but there you go.

Excellent stuff.

After watching his interviews today, it just comfirmed, IMO, what a smug b@st@rd Kean is. IMO, Jack Walker would have had no truck with this clown and would have seen straight through him.

He need's to be sacked now but unfortunately I have absolutely no faith that our owners would make the correct decision in replacing him with a good manager, I cant help but feel we are buggered either way.

Most likely scenario would be Kean eventually gets sacked when we are too many points adrift then Jensen take's over until we get a new manager, we get a few points under Jensen then he is offered the job because he is a cheap alternative.

I think Steve Kean is just the tip of the iceberg of problems at our club, until the owners are making decisions with the chairman and not seeking advice from agents we are just going to end up with somebody else's expensive crap.

And yet people on here don't realise that out of the 20,000 or so that go to Ewood every other week; a messageboard community IS a minority.

Which means the poll is pretty much pointless and proves shag all.

"so you're saying Rovers fans want him as our manager!!?"

Some do, yeh. But unless you have a mass petition on the gates at Ewood we'll never know who is right in their opinion.

Ps. Can we close this thread and start yet ANOTHER pointless poll? :rolleyes:

You might want to visit Ewood on a matchday if you want to see what the general mood is. Just walking to the ground yielded glum faces and conversations of how things couldn't go on. In the stands the mood isn't much better. Just a blind optimism that things may change.

But I don't care about who wants him in or out. From what I've witnessed and the guys record he must go now.

You might want to visit Ewood on a matchday if you want to see what the general mood is. Just walking to the ground yielded glum faces and conversations of how things couldn't go on. In the stands the mood isn't much better. Just a blind optimism that things may change.

But I don't care about who wants him in or out. From what I've witnessed and the guys record he must go now.

I'll wave next time I'm in my seat :rolleyes:

Is there any point of repackaging this poll? What's the point?

It all comes down to the same 'Sack Kean, he's a ######, Hire Hughes etc.'

It's all been said a thousand times already. I can't see what this achieves.

Is there any point of repackaging this poll? What's the point?

It all comes down to the same 'Sack Kean, he's a ######, Hire Hughes etc.'

It's all been said a thousand times already. I can't see what this achieves.

I explained it twice already in this thread.

I'll wave next time I'm in my seat :rolleyes:

In that case you may want to try opening your eyes, and leave your sound proofed bubble at home ;)

Unless there's a special section that I don't know about, for people prescribed with valium.

Topman as Glenn has said if having a poll has the desired effect and the guy gets potted that is a good and it will untimately achieve it's objective. Also can someone confirm I saw an article on vital blackburn today stating they have started drawing up a shortlist of managers to succeed Kean written by the other glen 9mullen can someone confirm is this correct are they seriously thinking of potting kean & getting someone experienced in or is it just rumour. Did also anyone see Kean in that int.when he was told fans had written to the owners about their discontent and the cheeky smile he gave to suggest he was "untouchable" saying he had an excellent relationship with the owners the smug g** makes my blood boil after that presser I hope they bin kean after Fulham & wipe that smug smile of that g*** face,& get someone in who knows what they are doing. :angry:

Seems a good idea from LT poster:

"We don`t need big banners and protests outside the ground to make an impact and deliver a strong message to S.F.K. that it is NOT a minority.

Everyone can lay their hands on a sheet of A4 paper and simply write KEAN OUT on it, he may not be able to see it from the bench,especially if he is ****, but believe me the media will will want to know what they all say and their cameras and reporters will do the rest for us".

Even if by some miracle he manages to get a few wins how can people suddenly back him? The guy comes across as an arrogant obnoxious fool and a downright liar.

I'm happy to say i'll never back him as manager, I just can't stand him.

I would say that could describe a number of managers - without naming names the difference is probably their win ratio. IF Kean started to win matches - other than an odd few - the objections about how he comes across would slip away. Suddenly his overly optimistic press conferences would be seen as keeping squad spirits up - enabling players to play with freedom etc. etc. Its all about perspective and how you spin it - win matches and the spin would be positive.

BTW - not a defence of Kean in any way - just a realistic view of how fickle footie fans are :blush:

I can remember hating hearing Ince, Hodgson and Harford post match interviews.

I think you are unkind to Harford - my only feeling for him was one of sorrow - he was obviously way out of his comfort zone in front of the media. Ironically - he did improve towards the end. I won't criticize Harford - as he was an important (some say one of the most important) parts of the team that led us to the Premiership. Indeed - I think it was Harford that helped pursuade the club to shell out a club record fee for Shearer.

yep, rip harford

as for kean, i dont even want to listen to his interview on sky as it makes me sick listening to his lying weasel face bullcrap. i liked robbie savage's comments

interviewer 'if you were a blackburn rovers fan'?

savage ' i am a blackburn rovers fan'

love that guy, proper rovers man.

wish we had him as manager, tells it like it is. I want kean gone as he is the worst thing to happen to this club for years, he has no redeeming features whatsoeever.

I think you are unkind to Harford - my only feeling for him was one of sorrow - he was obviously way out of his comfort zone in front of the media. Ironically - he did improve towards the end. I won't criticize Harford - as he was an important (some say one of the most important) parts of the team that led us to the Premiership. Indeed - I think it was Harford that helped pursuade the club to shell out a club record fee for Shearer.

Let me get this straight you think Harford the manager that signed Fenton, Donis, Matty Holmes, Coleman and Croft was the guy who pursuade Jack to sign Shearer........

......and not purely Kenny who sign Le Saux, Flowers, Sutton, Gallacher, Batty, Ripley, Berg and Sherwood.

These signings demonstrate the different in class and Shearer came because our manager was the nuts, Harford had as much pulling power as Kean.

Harford was a clown, never in the history of the premier league will someone else take a club from 1st to 20th in 18 months.

I still can;t believe how **** he was, its unbelieveable, I'm still angry about it, at least Kean didn't take over the best team in the country and destory it.

Archived