BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't normally agree with football365.com but they have hit the nail on the head in this weeks winners and losers column-

Link

Losers - Blackburn Rovers

We're getting there. The mystery of how Steve Kean is still a Premier League manager is now almost on a par with the mystery of why he was given the job in the first place. The end is surely nigh, but it cannot come soon enough. "At times like these you want to stick together," he declared in manager speak - the one aspect of the job for which he seems to have any aptitude - on Saturday night, but he alone is the sole galvanising force at Ewood Park these days and only their desire to protest for his removal persuaded the club's fans to stick around this weekend for a final whistle that sounded long after their latest humiliation had ended as contest. Put bluntly, nobody is keen on Mr Kean.

And why would they be? Only in the negative can be positive be uncovered. According to his post-match sermon, there were "lots of positives in the first half", but quite what they were is another of Blackburn's little mysteries because, despite giving the fixture top billing, Match of the Day was unable to highlight a single pre-interval Blackburn attack worthy of broadcast. The first glimpse of an offensive offering was instead delayed until the 55th minute and only included to provide the full background to City's third goal.

Just back from a talk by John Ronson about his latest book "The Psychopath Test" and I am convinced Kean is a psychopath. Not even joking.

Look here:

http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

Kean definitely fits some (most?) of those, but Nbr 2 almost exactly describes the previous manager .... ;)

EDIT: just seen this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/04/blackburn-plan-action-steve-kean) - wonder if the 'plan of action' includes a P45?

Can anybody please please tell me one positive fact about Kean that would lead me to think he is/will be a good manager for Blackburn Rovers.

I really cannot think of a single good thing about the guy.

The fact that he is still in situ as our manager is becoming incredible.

Can anybody please please tell me one positive fact about Kean that would lead me to think he is/will be a good manager for Blackburn Rovers.

I really cannot think of a single good thing about the guy.

The fact that he is still in situ as our manager is becoming incredible.

Nothing lasts forever and he will be gone soon we hope. My only concern then is who these muppets recruit. I would not be in anyway suprised if we got out of the frying pan and they put us straight back in with another low cost, no mark replacement.

Nothing lasts forever and he will be gone soon we hope. My only concern then is who these muppets recruit. I would not be in anyway suprised if we got out of the frying pan and they put us straight back in with another low cost, no mark replacement.

The damage could be lasting long after Kean is gone, if or when he goes.

If its true we have to be adrift before he is sacked, we will need a miricle to stay in the league.

For me, if the owners like him that much, bring in a proven manager on a 1 year or 2 year contract and let Kean be the assistant and learn from him while the ship is steadied - that for me is forward thinking, and pro-active at least !

What competent proven manager would trust Kean as his number 2? Especially after what allegedly happened to Allardyce, JW, Tom Finn and Jensen.

He's poison, get him out.

Which is exactly what I would expect a competent, experienced PL manager to think and do.

• Backroom

This may have already been posted but http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/04/premier-league-managers-sackings

Steve Kean, Blackburn Rovers

The case for dismissal Kean's relentless pursuit of positives has turned him into the David Brent of football management and it is hard to imagine him successfully motivating Blackburn's squad. After three wins in 21 Premier League games, the Ewood Park crowd has become so hostile that the increasingly poisonous atmosphere cannot enhance the chances of gaining favourable results. Kean's lack of previous managerial experience suggests he should never have been appointed in the first place.

The case for preservation Considering Kean is taking Blackburn on a mini-tour of India this week, his immediate dismissal could be tricky. Venky's, Blackburn's owner, retains faith in his coaching ability and may yet bring the best out of the Scot by appointing a director of football to hold his hand. Moreover, having been promised an extravagant array of signings in the Ronaldinho mould Kean has, instead, been required to scour the market for bargains while losing players of the calibre of Phil Jones.

David Brent... an apt comparison.

Is your signature for real? Worst ever Premier League Manager?

some are saying if we lose to Q.P.R he is the worst manager in premier league history according to his win percentage but i can't get that to be the case.

if we do Keans win pecentage "6 in 29 would be 20.69%"

Tony Adams at Portsmouth "2 wins in 15 would still be 13.33%"

Archived