BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be in attendence with three others there are also a few where I work that are maybe thinking of coming down.

I have tried to give Steve Kean as much time as possible but time is ticking and we are still rooted to the foot of the table. We will need, more than ever, a manager that will instil the discipline we will need to weather the coming games. He has had more than enough time to show that he has what it takes to manage a premiership team but after last seasons scrape with relegation and no points on the board to fall back on I feel he will continue to take us in one direction and one direction only and that is into the championship.

I supported him from day one as had Kean been a success in management then we in turn would have been successful as a team but it was never to be.

Thanks Glen (and others) for taking the time to organise this in the professional manner that you have, lets hope it has the desired effect. Arte et Labore COYB! :brfcsmilie:

I wont be attending, think he should be given a few more games. New players bedding in, injuries, etc.

Well done organising the march, but just cant see there being more than 100 or so. It'll make the Blackburn fans all look ridiculous again.

People definitely should be encouraged to join along the way and at the final destination as being at an initial protest can feel daunting.

Where exactly is the march ending Glen, and will the police let us linger and build up numbers?

I'm bringing my 12 year old daughter who feels as strongly as me and I'm convinced there will be no trouble.

Good luck everyone.

ps Is the Press Release Dossier available to view anywhere?

Someone needs to absolutely hammer this on twitter if you want to make it serious.

All ex players for a RT aswell as; skysports, bbc news, espn, bookies, pundits, football programmes.

Also a facebook event needs to be set up.

Dont doubt the strength of social media. 6 results come up currently for blackburn rovers protest/blackburn rovers march on twitter.

I wont be attending, think he should be given a few more games. New players bedding in, injuries, etc.

Well done organising the march, but just cant see there being more than 100 or so. It'll make the Blackburn fans all look ridiculous again.

Venkys and Kean have made us look ridiculous - NOT the supporters.

If those with contacts can get this into the national media then Venky's might want to act even before the protest has taken place.

At this stage I'd be quite happy for Kean to remain as first team coach or something - it makes a bit of sense seeing that he has a good relationship with them, could come in useful if we ever need to go cap-in-hand.

If a protest takes place his position becomes untenable though. If Venky's want him as a Rovers employee in some capacity then they need to act before the march.

There's probably quite a few people of a less sociable nature meeting you guys too.. should be good for the tele, a load of Blackburn chavs causing mayhem in a protest organised by the supporters website... great idea will really show us as sensible fans, it will surely boost the team for the game and make players want to play for us in the future.. Awesome! :tu:

Someone needs to absolutely hammer this on twitter if you want to make it serious.

All ex players for a RT aswell as; skysports, bbc news, espn, bookies, pundits, football programmes.

Also a facebook event needs to be set up.

Dont doubt the strength of social media. 6 results come up currently for blackburn rovers protest/blackburn rovers march on twitter.

This ^^^ needs to happen, or else there will be an embarrassingly low turn out. If 200 people protest and 20,000 don't, then Kean will be able to quite justifiably say again that it is only a minority.

If those with contacts can get this into the national media then Venky's might want to act even before the protest has taken place.

At this stage I'd be quite happy for Kean to remain as first team coach or something - it makes a bit of sense seeing that he has a good relationship with them, could come in useful if we ever need to go cap-in-hand.

If a protest takes place his position becomes untenable though. If Venky's want him as a Rovers employee in some capacity then they need to act before the march.

What manager in his right mind would want to have him at the club, after the suspicions of back-stabbing though?

There's probably quite a few people of a less sociable nature meeting you guys too.. should be good for the tele, a load of Blackburn chavs causing mayhem in a protest organised by the supporters website... great idea will really show us as sensible fans, it will surely boost the team for the game and make players want to play for us in the future.. Awesome! :tu:

You be a sensible fan pal - and we'll see you at Peterborough next season.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Too many people just say they want action, without even considering a reaction. For the hundreds of people shouting for a new manager, I still haven't seen one decent viable suggestion.

Hughes - Venkys wont pay for him, or his entire backroom staff. He wouldnt be interested anyway, and fans have short memories as he already left us for cash

Martin O'Neill - Besides the fact he is average, we don't have 100m to spend on players purely because they are british. He would also not be interested.

etc etc etc

You be a sensible fan pal - and we'll see you at Peterborough next season.

Is it being sensible wanting to give the manager a few games to show us if he can do it with a team he's put together?

Ok then I'm sensible but it will hardly mean us playing Peterborough next season just because a calm thoughout decision was made. :blink:

Too many people just say want action, without even considering a reaction. For the hundreds of people shouting for a new manager, I still haven't seen one decent viable suggestion.

Hughes - Venkys wont pay for him, or his entire backroom staff. He wouldnt be interested anyway, and fans have short memories as he already left us for cash

Martin O'Neill - Besides the fact he is average, we don't have 100m to spend on players purely because they are british. He would also not be interested.

etc etc etc

Save this thread for people that want to discuss the protest.

Can you start going on about who can replace Kean on another thread, there are lots of possibilites, even Tony Parkes in temp until the right man is found.

But I wouldn't want to discuss it here, this thread is about contributing to the cause.

Too many people just say they want action, without even considering a reaction. For the hundreds of people shouting for a new manager, I still haven't seen one decent viable suggestion.

etc etc etc

That's not a reason for doing nothing! You want the demo to be complicated by supporters arguing about who the successor should be? Besides we can make as many suggestions as we like but Venkys could still appoint someone else.

We can't cover every possibility in one demo, got to keep it simple--------KEAN OUT

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Save this thread for people that want to discuss the protest.

Can you start going on about who can replace Kean on another thread, there are lots of possibilites, even Tony Parkes in temp until the right man is found.

But I wouldn't want to discuss it here, this thread is about contributing to the cause.

The protest is about sacking the manager. Your post highlights the ignorance of 100's of fans who haven't considered the reaction to sacking the manager.

I will be walking to the game from the Manxman on saturday, simply to avoid the group of fan's who are (in my opinion) causing the extra pressure our players do not need on saturday.

etc etc etc

There are 71 League managers (-1 Sam!) who would jump at the chance to manage Rovers, plenty of managers of european clubs and approx 20 managers with premier league experience currently looking for work. I'm sure we could not do worse than what we have. He's our worst ever manager manager remember. Fact.

I will be walking to the game from the Manxman on saturday, simply to avoid the group of fan's who are (in my opinion) causing the extra pressure our players do not need on saturday.

So without this extra pressure the players do not need do you think we will win?

Archived