SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I have just come back and read this - I mean come on, FFS, I am really starting to think this whole takeover is one big windup.

I'm still firmly convinced Venky's are Burnley supporters. How else do you explain this utter fisaco?

We have neither a Carl, not a richard nor a Douglas amongst our numbers.

Will reply more when battery not dying

Think I know carl, he said he was interviewed by some India TV in the blues bar on saturday, and yes, he is very pro Venky's, and thinks very strongly that the protestors have brought shame on the club.

• Backroom

The comments from the fans mentioned have just been shown on tv here, they were made by fans in the blues bar before the last game.

It seems they were part of a video made by indian tv to promote the club as Indias EPL team, the content of the programme on the whole seemed great even visiting our previous grounds and an in depth piece about the academy.

Now obviously that is PR but it doesn't hide facts and was critical of the manager in some parts I caught.

This trip certainly looks like building bridges. As a Rovers fan who is anti-Kean, you have to admit that this is very good publicity out there for the club in Pune, India.

To think otherwise simply has to put you in the moron category.

Think I know carl, he said he was interviewed by some India TV in the blues bar on saturday, and yes, he is very pro Venky's, and thinks very strongly that the protestors have brought shame on the club.

Yep, it's the fans fault alright. Why don't we just 'get behind 'em' :rolleyes:

This trip certainly looks like building bridges. As a Rovers fan who is anti-Kean, you have to admit that this is very good publicity out there for the club in Pune, India.

Great publicity for Venky's, this is why they bought the club JAL.

We get relegated and their PR machine and investment is down the toilet.

as opposed to being an ostrich

this trip is only good for the Venkys

This article looks like it's an effort to convince the local Pune population that Venkys is doing very well in Blackburn, England. We all know that is not true, so the fact the ownerships feel the need to spread that misconception indicates that they are well aware of the problem and are doing damage control. Too bad it's not the type of damage control which will actually addresses the problem as opposed to merely covering it up.

Its Blackburn Rovers name, colours, and players, on them Indian bill boards, newspapers, and TV stations.

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust, plus hopefully a moment to demote, or sack, the underperforming, totally out of his depth, bullshitting, pretend manager that goes by the name of Steve Kean.

Its Blackburn Rovers name, colours, and players, on them Indian bill boards, newspapers, and TV stations.

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust, plus hopefully a moment to demote, or sack, the underperforming, totally out of his depth, bullshitting, pretend manager that goes by the name of Steve Kean.

where do I get a pint of that stuff your drinking?

:D

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust, plus hopefully a moment to demote, or sack, the underperforming, totally out of his depth, bullshitting, pretend manager Steve Kean.

Never in our wildest dreams would we have no manager, no chariman, no MD and no hope under the Trust.

Venky's are getting plenty out of BRFC, what are we getting from them?

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust,

Indeed. Thank God we've been taken over by a bunch of half-wit ignorant hillbilly nouveau-riche banjo-botherers. Without them, we could never have hoped to have toured India 7 games into the season, much less got Jason Roberts' ugly mug on a billboard in India (I'll wager advertising space in India is at a real premium!)

Just think of the commercial possibilities that will offer Venky's (sorry, I mean the club).

All I can say is: "Thank God for Venky's!".

True. My anger has well and truly subsided now I know our new Indian fans in Pune are being told how brilliant we are....

Who cares about upsetting the existing fans and ruining a fine football club when we're second and third in the great plan. More lying and PR spin for the media please....

Crashing towards the championship, in complete disarray, but nevermind, we're one big happy family now and we've got an academy in India....

Thank God football's not about results.

Oh. Hang on........

Never in our wildest dreams would we have no manager, no chariman, no MD and no hope under the Trust.

Venky's are getting plenty out of BRFC, what are we getting from them?

I pray a new manager, but that aint for certain.

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust

I'd better get on the phone first thing for my Newcastle ticket, with all this advertising in India it could well be a sell out.

I'm happy to hear both sides, and also happy you seem to think thats also a good thing.

The guys quoted were interviewed in Blues bar. (probably after the Arsenal game).. Pic of Carl on my twitter (clure..do yer stuff).. Which is s_t_e_b

I cannot believe just how much effort the Indian TV guys are putting into this. We've just watched about 30 minutes of coverage where they cover the history of Rovers. You dont see Sky Sports News filming up Leamington and Oozehead etc. OR i'm getting emailed by work colleages in Mumbai saying "YOU are all over the news here". Pint for anybody who gets a pic of me with the red dot. Two for a video of the chap who dropped my SLR all over the f***** floor

I'm happy to hear both sides, and also happy you seem to think thats also a good thing.

The guys quoted were interviewed in Blues bar. (probably after the Arsenal game).. Pic of Carl on my twitter (clure..do yer stuff).. Which is s_t_e_b

As requested

hrlqb7.jpg

Archived