BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

As requested

hrlqb7.jpg

Thats Carl

I'm happy to hear both sides, and also happy you seem to think thats also a good thing.

The guys quoted were interviewed in Blues bar. (probably after the Arsenal game).. Pic of Carl on my twitter (clure..do yer stuff).. Which is s_t_e_b

I cannot believe just how much effort the Indian TV guys are putting into this. We've just watched about 30 minutes of coverage where they cover the history of Rovers. You dont see Sky Sports News filming up Leamington and Oozehead etc. OR i'm getting emailed by work colleages in Mumbai saying "YOU are all over the news here". Pint for anybody who gets a pic of me with the red dot. Two for a video of the chap who dropped my SLR all over the f***** floor

Get into them about Jerome Anderson and SEM /Kentaro see what the response is, cheers. :rover:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they didn't pay the newspaper to make up the quotes?

Since its so obviously at odds with the truth, what explanation do you have? Its the equivalent of photos showing the French welcoming Nazi invaders!

Or David Cameron saying "I think I've made a mess of it---time to give Labour a turn".

Or the Miners Union waving placards saying "We want Maggie back."

Since its so obviously at odds with the truth, what explanation do you have? Its the equivalent of photos showing the French welcoming Nazi invaders!

Doesnt Ste know the interviewees?

Or has he been got by the nazis?

(apologies if I am mistaken)

Doesnt Ste know the interviewees?

Or has he been got by the nazis?

(apologies if I am mistaken)

I asked you a question first. I don't know who knows who, nor do I care. This article is at odds with the way 99% of Rovers fans see the situation.

Since you obviously belong to the other 1%, precedent tells me I don't need to take any notice of you!

Spoke to a friend who works at Ewood and aparently Rovers sent some of the ground staff out earlier this month to look at the pitch in Pune and it's a bag full of injuries waiting to happen :angry:

That'll do our survival hopes the world of good it's ok tho cos we'll get some publicity in cricket mad India :wacko::angry2:

EDIT: I'm hoping some of the Pune 9/11 can get some pics of the pitch cos if it's anything like l'm lead to believe then Barry White might as well have nobbled the team as the came off the plane. Christ l can't express how angry this trip makes me feel.

I asked you a question first. I don't know who knows who, nor do I care. This article is at odds with the way 99% of Rovers fans see the situation.

Since you obviously belong to the other 1%, precedent tells me I don't need to take any notice of you!

The explanation that I have is that they interviewed a Blackburn fan called Carl who said those things and it was confirmed later by showing him on TV.

I don't belong to the other 4% (corrected it for you) but I don't need to lie to justify myself.

The explanation that I have is that they interviewed a Blackburn fan called Carl who said those things and it was confirmed later by showing him on TV.

I don't belong to the other 4% (corrected it for you) but I don't need to lie to justify myself.

I think the explanation is that Carl belongs to that other 1% and that the views of anyone speaking up for the vast majority have been binned.

Knowing Carl, I don't think he will be too impressed..........

To be fair, he's been interviewed on camera - must have expected a chance it might be aired in some capacity, especially given his point of view.

Wonder how many would give a damning interview?

Wonder how many of those would be on the cutting room floor?

Guess the crew did well to find one of 99%ers :(

So he was happy enough to be filmed in front of a potential global audience, but not happy having his pic on here visited by hundreds..

Plenty of people feel the same way as Carl, maybe not on here where around 10 people seems to constitute 10,000 for some, but plenty of people feel that way.

May not be a popular view, but thats the feeling I get.

The anger is firmly with Kean IMO, but if the owners don't act quickly, that tide will turn I'm sure.

Plenty of people feel the same way as Carl, maybe not on here where around 10 people seems to constitute 10,000 for some, but plenty of people feel that way.

May not be a popular view, but thats the feeling I get.

The anger is firmly with Kean IMO, but if the owners don't act quickly, that tide will turn I'm sure.

There is no one - and I mean no one - in the circle of fans of my acquaintance who are happy with the current owners. I don't think I'm alone.

Strange then that you think there are "plenty of people" who think the same way as some chap who just happens to be on the freebie to Pune.

Six months ago in your new golden post-Sam world you also seemed to think there were plenty of people who were glad to see the back of the former manager.

Funny that.

I had a dingle come to me today and he said apart from thinking it's funny he says we've been done over by the chicken folk !

The venkys ARE to blame though !

Who else can it be the cluck stops with thd feathered cluckers!

Oh and jim there a lot who are glad to see the slug gone ,it's just the fact they appointed the waterboy.

There is no one - and I mean no one - in the circle of fans of my acquaintance who are happy with the current owners. I don't think I'm alone.

Strange then that you think there are "plenty of people" who think the same way as some chap who just happens to be on the freebie to Pune.

Six months ago in your new golden post-Sam world you also seemed to think there were plenty of people who were glad to see the back of the former manager.

Funny that.

You can have middle ground on this one Jim, its not an exclusive yes/no camp thats for sure.

As for the former manager, we'll leave that alone :tu::D

I had a dingle come to me today and he said apart from thinking it's funny he says we've been done over by the chicken folk !

The venkys ARE to blame though !

Who else can it be the cluck stops with thd feathered cluckers!

Oh and jim there a lot who are glad to see the slug gone ,it's just the fact they appointed the waterboy.

I wish you'd gone to Pune, now that would have been funny :lol:

The club would be up for sale by now :lol:

IOh and jim there a lot who are glad to see the slug gone ,

In which case you and they must be thick. Calling him the "slug" shows the level of your intelligence.

Managing successful Premier League clubs on a shoestring consistently has been achieved by very few managers. He was the best. The man was perfect for present-day BRFC and was irreplaceable - as has been proved.

You certainly would not see Sam on promotional trips to India - he would have far more important things to do such as sorting out the defence on the training ground.

My intelligence is ok jim don't let it worry you ,I don't. Back to picking and choosing which posts to comment again are we?it's ok to be racist with our Aussie folk but not for anyone to call the messiah ,2 faced old goat!

Gav , I wouldn't have pussy footed or sugar coated anything with the V's!

I'm sure that the Uncle Tom would not mind too much if that is the price of his helping out Venkys. After all, as he says, 'they have done what they said..I'm happy with them'. The assurances which they gave to the Walkers Trust contained in the Offer document must have been a slight misunderstanding.

I see Vinjay has been on the pune9 site:

This is the type of international, non-parochial publicity I’ve always strongly advocated (even if other things are being glossed over)

Its Blackburn Rovers name, colours, and players, on them Indian bill boards, newspapers, and TV stations.

Absolutely fantastic, never in our wildest dreams could we have ever have got this kind of publicity out there under the Walker Trust, plus hopefully a moment to demote, or sack, the underperforming, totally out of his depth, bullshitting, pretend manager that goes by the name of Steve Kean.

As far as I am concerned venkys can have as much publicity as they want, raise the profile of themselves and their other businesses. On One condition. They run Blackburn rovers as a football club and not a chicken pen.

This publicity of theirs could back fire on them if rovers continue to be run the way is is now and the club is relegated.

I have no qualms about the publicity seeking. But first and foremeost they needed to make the club a success. Having employed an experience manager and with decent results on the pitch. But they have gone about things the wrong way round.

Ok if they sack Kean now, appoint a decent replacement and the results improve, then the trip to Pune and the publicity about it all, here and in India, would be worth it.

Archived