SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I nearly coughed up a lung at the last paragraph:

Steve Kean was upbeat saying that the abuse showed that his team had ‘made their mark in India’ and the victory ‘proved that Rovers could compete at an an international level’.

:lol:

Un-fricking-believable.

Surely must have been twisted by the media? He can't be THAT stupid, surely?

I mean, surely? :blink:

If he really said that, he's either having a real laugh at our expense, or he has COMPLETELY lost it!!

EDIT: Note to Jisty: read the whole article before commenting in future. Trouble is, it sounds like something our current incumbent would say!

I nearly coughed up a lung at the last paragraph:

Steve Kean was upbeat saying that the abuse showed that his team had ‘made their mark in India’ and the victory ‘proved that Rovers could compete at an an international level’.

:lol:

If true I have never been more worried, it seems too fantasy to be real

if true, the guy is ###### crazy

and it's not funny

This is a must read, especially the explanation about the chants

http://themondaysupplement.co.uk/headline/blackburn-rovers-suffer-major-embarrassment-in-india/

The content of this web site is purely fictional and is solely intended for the purposes of satire, parody, and fun!

Even though this is written at the top of the page linked to I wouldn't put it past Kean to spout something along the line's quoted.

The content of this web site is purely fictional and is solely intended for the purposes of satire, parody, and fun!

Even though this is written at the top of the page linked to I wouldn't put it past Kean to spout something along the line's quoted.

You mean Phil Jones hasn't really retired from his England career and Torres isn't a vampire? :lol:

• Backroom

Says it all when people can't tell the difference between a satircal Kean quote and a real one. I thought the "entries into opposition box" quote was made up until recently I was told otherwise.

just shows how messed up people are in the head when you read something so ridiculous and have no idea if that idiot Kean said it or not because he talks so much ######

You mean Phil Jones hasn't really retired from his England career and Torres isn't a vampire? :lol:

:) Just shows how bad things are and how far things have gone that people could actually picture Mr Positive spinning himself out of another corner with the usual delusional soundbites.

The guy is made of teflon, the old saying of throw enough Sh1t and some will stick doesn't apply it appears, with relation to Kean. No matter how dire the situation get's down Ewood (where it matters NOT India at this time) he continually smells of roses. It would be at this point that I would say the owners need to wake up and apply a bit of foresight but I have lost hope that they ever will.

Thank Christ for that!

From pune9.com

''This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.''

Why weren't all the FF members at the meeting as meetings with the Venkys seem so difficult to arrange?

OK it was 'impromtu' - did a few of you just meet the 'rep' by chance in the bar, by the pool or whatever and then spend around one and a half hours talking?

You obviously knew who he/she was?...............

Still there was some more interesting news in there.. they do follow what the fans are saying but simply choose to ignore it.. makes me wonder what the point of the trip other than a PR jolly, if the only actual meeting that they had to express concerns was 1 1/2 hours with a representative who basically confirmed they are ignoring fans opinions (you don't come out with a public statement like only a few fans if you are actually following sites like this)...

"We are confident that the content of this meeting and the opinions which were expressed will be relayed directly to the owners.

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings."

Like I said elsewhere, the owners have invested their faith in Kean and whatever you say, you will not change their minds. Only results will affect their thinking. No matter what they say, they are hard-assed business people and they have shown that they are not afraid to sack people. Let's hope they don't wait too long!

They have already waited too long.

• Backroom

I can confidently say what has been Asked today has been exactly what people on here have wanted to be asked including quoting percentages and the dangers of continuously ignoring the situation along with other issues.

I am also confident the messages have been heard.

People can and will still say it has been pointless but I genuinely feel we have done what I personally wanted to and express my and other fans concerns and thoughts.

I can confidently say what has been Asked today has been exactly what people on here have wanted to be asked including quoting percentages and the dangers of continuously ignoring the situation along with other issues.

People can and will still say it has been pointless but I genuinely feel we have done what I personally wanted to and express my and other fans concerns and thoughts.

I hope you are right Tom. anyway at least you have put your points across and hopefully the owners will NOW listen to the fans!

was this said directly to the owners or via their representatives?

and if you have done this Tom, then you have done all you can. however i expect Venky's to refuse to listen and continue to allow us to steamroll out of control but then that is their fault and the responsibility should not lie at the door of the people who travelled and made the points which was asked of them.

have a safe journey home, all of you

Sorry, don't get your hopes up too high. Big steps forward is probably more 'medium steps looking to the long term'. It's still been a good day

I know how people feel, but there are things I can be happy about that don't centre around the manager and recent results

The long term and anything other the manager and recent results are irrelevant.

What IS important is where the next 3 points are coming from, the future of the manager and how the bloody hell are we going to survive this season.

So, there it is then-the whole trip has been a farce. The only time to express our concerns would appear to have happened accidentally at an impromptu meeting with a representative of Venkys. I don't blame the FF for taking up the invite for a few days fun in the sun but it has obviously been complete and utter waste of time. I despise Venkys and Kean more now than ever.

As I understand it, you met with representatives of the Rao's and not the owners themselves. There is the obvious danger that what you told them will be filtered to make it more palatable for them.

However, I'm encouraged and look forward to a more detailed report.

If they have been reading the forums and polls, did they explain at all why they decided to ignore the fans and still announce that it was a few fans who sent thousands of emails?

Archived