BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

Disgusting. I always felt like they never really got along anyway, especially since they didn't know each other when they brought jensen in. No matter what, though, your #2 is your #2. If you don't trust him or have him on your side, how the heck do you expect to have the players on your side? I've never once believed that the players back Steve. If they did there would have been more of them coming out and saying so, and you wouldn't have players like Samba saying the exact opposite about the last performance as what steve said.

His only friend right now must be Mrs. D. I don't think the brothers really back him because I'm sure they'd love to bring in a 'name' manager. Mrs. D is too compassionate to sack him, though. (or perhaps it's still the legal issue of they'd have to pay him to keep quiet about stuff).

Steve Kean right now reminds me of the kid on the playground who's dad is the headmaster of the school. None of the other kids really like him, but he acts like he's the bee's knees. They have to be nice to him, though, because of his dad.

Steve Kean right now reminds me of the kid on the playground who's dad is the headmaster of the school. None of the other kids really like him, but he acts like he's the bee's knees. They have to be nice to him, though, because of his dad.

it's different in England, you get respect if you are "hard" or have the "fittest girlfriend", the headmaster kid is normally a nerd.

Thoughts:

I think Kean is a cunning b@st@ard and this is all about self preservation.

Kean worked with Jensen from Jan. to end of season, then offered him a longer term deal. If Kean thought he was the man after a 5 month trial, what has suddenly gone wrong ? IMO, only answer coming through loud and clear is 'scapegoat'.

Who on earth would come in from outside as Kean's No2 - I doubt anyone in football trusts the guy.

I didn't rate JJ as a football man but I have far greater faith in his integrity and decency than Kean's.

Yet another excuse lined-up for Saturday - injuries and not having staff in place.

IMO, Kean is utter poison and the sooner he's out of our club the better.

Edited by Mercerman
  • Like 4

When Jensen arrived Kean made a big deal out of it being 'his' appointment. So in theory this should be his decision.

I hope someone has had the bottle to ask him about it in today's presser ahead of the city game.

Will Wendy on radio rovers quiz him about it on sat?

I reckon they plan on promoting Ian Brunskill to assisstant.

Really dislike Kean anyway but IF the rumours are true I must admit, thats turning in to hate, is there nothing this snake won't do to hold on to his job? :angry2:

O'Leary isn't the answer either, as far as venkys are concerned, the cheapest option would be to denote kean to no.2 and get O'Leary in. Or promote brunskill to manager and David Lowe as his no.2:( Really hope that's miles wide of the mark, but inwouldnt put anything past the owners.

KEAN OUT!!!

Edited by daverich

When I was up at Brockhall I saw JJ, he came across as a very knowledgable man, the evidence I saw was that the players liked him, so him suddenly leaving might have a effect on them.

Also a very stupid timing, why do this now just 2 days before a huge game? Whereas getting rid of him after City would've been better timing as there are 2 weeks to next game. IF what I have heard is true then this whole situation stinks and JJ has been made the scapegoat. I really hope no replacement is announced before Sarurday because a bad result and fans turning against Kean might result in Venky's having to make another sacking.

But my gut feeling is that Kean isn't going to get sacked regardless of what the result is on Saturday.

The contrast between now, and when we had John Williams virtually running the show, could not be starker.

There's no real strategy or foresight, no evident plan. It's amateur night. Decisions being made seemingly on a whim.

I rue the day Steve Kean ever turned up at my club.

I really wanna strangle the fella, you know what I mean?

• Like 1

That's a pitiful statement. Doesn't say why he's left, has he resigned, has he been sacked or what? Has this come from Paul Agnew, because if it has, it does him no favours.

It just looks as though it's another case of the fans not really being important. What's happened to BRFC?

Not the first time we've seen this kind of non-story on the site.

Remember the cursory article commemorating the 11th year of Jack's death?

Who's in charge of the site? Is it still Grooby?

I wonder if Kean has got somebody line up as JJ replacement before he sacked him?

can anybody think of a manager who has appoint a number 2 then to sack him 9 months later. Just something not right with Kean sacking Him unless Kean is bringing in a better number 2 or he is being de-promote to number 2 for a manager to come in?

When I was up at Brockhall I saw JJ, he came across as a very knowledgable man, the evidence I saw was that the players liked him, so him suddenly leaving might have a effect on them.

Also a very stupid timing, why do this now just 2 days before a huge game? Whereas getting rid of him after City would've been better timing as there are 2 weeks to next game. IF what I have heard is true then this whole situation stinks and JJ has been made the scapegoat. I really hope no replacement is announced before Sarurday because a bad result and fans turning against Kean might result in Venky's having to make another sacking.

But my gut feeling is that Kean isn't going to get sacked regardless of what the result is on Saturday.

At least our fears that Jensen would have taken the hotseat after Kean have been relieved.

Not the first time we've seen this kind of non-story on the site.

Remember the cursory article commemorating the 11th year of Jack's death?

Who's in charge of the site? Is it still Grooby?

An undergrad who is a fellow Rover said he Emailed in asking why there was no story about Jack on the site. He got a reply saying there was, when he found the page (wasn't easy apparently) he was so disgusted he Emailed in asking asking why Jack only warranted 2 lines and that everyone at the club should be ashamed as Jack was the sole reason they had the jobs they did. He got no reply.

local lad Rush joined the backroom staff

anyone know anything about the guy?

Yeah. He is a Clitheroe lad. Chris Rush. He is only young but he was a reserve team fitness coach at Man City I think. Took the first team fitness job at Rovers a month or so ago. Worked with some top top players at city and is very highly thought of.