BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

Seems to me theyve decided to get shut of both jensen and kean. As long as they get rid of jensen before 12 months employment he has no come back legally. Maybe disciplinary proceedings are in motion for kean, things would take longer due to his continued length of service. The owners do seem like an ethical bunch, but completely clueless....

If this latest trickle down is true,then it confirms for me that Kean is a snake. How can they not see through the bugger?

Makes you think that our steve has something on the owners doesn't it?

No doubt if by some miracle he does get the boot, venkys will buy his silence!

It's only just struck me but the dismissal of JJ is very bad news. My feeling now is no matter how poor the performance / result today or the crowd reaction to Kean and the owners nothing will change.

The simple truth appears to be if Kean is sacked there is no one available to step in and take charge. The Raos will not allow the team to travel to Pune without a manager, equally they are unlikely to appoint a new man prior to the trip as this would lead to a lot of press coverage and questions.

I very much doubt Kean will leave before the QPR game unless a new man has been lined up. TBH I don't believe the Raos have the ability to do that.

Kean is staying.

Edited by Paul

It's only just struck me but the dismissal of JJ is very bad news. My feeling now is no matter how poor the performance / result today or the crowd reaction to Kean and the owners nothing will change.

The sime truth appears to be if Kean is sacked there is no one available to step in and take charge. The Raos will not allow the team to travel to Pune without a manager, equally they are unlikely to appoint a new man prior to the trip as this would lead to a lot if press coverage and questions.

I very much doubt Kean will leave before the QPR game unless a new man has been lined up. TBH I don't believe the Raos have the ability to do that.

Kean is staying.

Good post, Paul. I'm sure your spot on here. Kean has bought more time for himself with this. What spell does he have on the owners?

The simple truth appears to be if Kean is sacked there is no one available to step in and take charge. The Raos will not allow the team to travel to Pune without a manager, equally they are unlikely to appoint a new man prior to the trip as this would lead to a lot of press coverage and questions.

Kean is staying.

Sums it for me. With a heavy heart, well said.

So JJ's gone and Kean had no input at all over his sacking it was the board. I love the way he drops in Paul Hunts name as the man who met JJ, before this happened, great deflection.

So basically Keans opinion over JJ had no influence over the board decision to can him.

Now if Kean had no input then that would imply a lack of faith in his judgement over JJ and his position from the board.

However, Kean goes on to say it will be '100%' his choice who the new man is.

So the same board who don't trust his opinion over JJ are willing to let him choose his own man?

It just doesn't make sense and the smell is rather pungent.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Is there actually ANY credibility to the the stores that Kean got Jensen fired as a scapegoat or are we all just putting 2 and 2 together to suit our needs

Today's LT, Kean states that Jensens sacking (so he was sacked) had nothing to do with him, but he does have the final word on his successor.

So Venkys sacked Jensen behind Keans back? Kean knew nothing about it?

How can any manager work in this way when members of your already small and inexperienced back room team are sacked by the owners?

Despite Kean not having any say so on who leaves he does have the 'final word' on who comes in. That's quite a conflicting strategy.

Then again it could just be that Kean is lying and hasn't the rocks to tell it how it is. How hard would it have been, how much gumption would it take to say something along the lines of "John's a great guy, I've really enjoyed working with him and he will go from strength to strength elsewhere, however I just feel that we need a change, results have not been good enough and whilst we all carry the can for that I just feel that I need something a little bit different". Of course that would contain some truth perhaps and that may not sit easy with Kean to say that.

Then again it could just be that Kean blamed everything on Jensen when he spoke to the V's (surely not on the telephone? For a sacking? Surely that warrants a ride on a plane?!) to buy everyone more time before we get to the next transfer window and pay some more outrageous Agents fees, for some reason or other.

Edited by bob fleming
  • Like 5

Kean is not going to bring in anyone better than himself. Why would he?

But it means we are going to have another poor quality, or even non-PL-experienced person involved. Or someone sycophantic towards Kean - can you imagine!

In the non-PL corner, I'm half expecting him to go for Hope Powell to demonstrate how "progressive" a manager he is.

We are crying out for (influential) experience on and off the pitch and we are likely to get neither.

If only we could sack the idiot, and bring in a Ray Wilkins alongside Sparky and Mark Bowen. But, like Paul said highly unlikely that their favourite son will be sacked with the Pune trip fast approaching. It really is a sad state of affairs at the moment. If we are losing at half time today, then I hope the fans show a statement of intent by walking out.

Kean looks very withered in that Granada interview. Pale skin, jittery and altogether less comfortable than I've ever seen him before.

Could be that he might not be feeling well at the moment but I thought he did not look that healthy.

Having said that - when they got rid of Allardyce and McDonald at the same time, there was no-one to step in a take charge. :unsure:

Kean was here though. If Stevie boy gets sacked who would step up? I don't know. The youth coach?

Today's LT, Kean states that Jensens sacking (so he was sacked) had nothing to do with him, but he does have the final word on his successor.

So Venkys sacked Jensen behind Keans back? Kean knew nothing about it?

How can any manager work in this way when members of your already small and inexperienced back room team are sacked by the owners?

Despite Kean not having any say so on who leaves he does have the 'final word' on who comes in. That's quite a conflicting strategy.

Then again it could just be that Kean is lying and hasn't the rocks to tell it how it is. How hard would it have been, how much gumption would it take to say something along the lines of "John's a great guy, I've really enjoyed working with him and he will go from strength to strength elsewhere, however I just feel that we need a change, results have not been good enough and whilst we all carry the can for that I just feel that I need something a little bit different". Of course that would contain some truth perhaps and that may not sit easy with Kean to say that.

Then again it could just be that Kean blamed everything on Jensen when he spoke to the V's (surely not on the telephone? For a sacking? Surely that warrants a ride on a plane?!) to buy everyone more time before we get to the next transfer window and pay some more outrageous Agents fees, for some reason or other.

Un-be-lee-va-ble.

Where do we go from here? Could things be any worse?

So what we basically know is...

1. Jensen was sacked by the board

2. Kean will have complete choice over his new assistant

So in the eyes of the board Kean can have anyone in the world as his number 2, except John Jensen! I'm guessing we'll never 'officially' get word on why Jensen was sacked.

Shows once again what kind of man Kean is, Jensen was apparantley his choice, the man he wanted to help take the club forward and the board have over ruled him 'apparantley' and said "No Steve, Jensen has to go regardless of what you think, it's a board decision". So Kean barely even makes a mention of it, acts as though he barely cares and just makes a general statement that he did good work and is sure to be back in football soon. I bet he really fought Jensen's corner.

Or more likely it was Kean's decision, Jensen was a scape goat and the rest is just general bullsh*t.

I despise this man, KEAN OUT. (Is there anything else to even say anymore, maybe just every topic and every reply on this forum should just read KEAN OUT until the horrid little man is gone.)

• Like 2

Of course he's telling porkies. Every word that's come out of his mouth since he's become manager has been absolute garbage. As Sam pointed out back then, the fact that McDonald was sacked along with him, and Kean given the job is in itself dubious. It's just gotten worse since then.

I wish people would stop questioning it Kamy has stated before JJ was sacked upon Keano's suggestion as we know Kamy is very reliable when it comes to news and as SK has form for stabbing people in the back Sam/McDonald etc... I have to say that LET article poses more questions than answers & his int on SSN illustrates that.

So what we basically know is...

1. Jensen was sacked by the board

2. Kean will have complete choice over his new assistant

So in the eyes of the board Kean can have anyone in the world as his number 2, except John Jensen! I'm guessing we'll never 'officially' get word on why Jensen was sacked.

Shows once again what kind of man Kean is, Jensen was apparantley his choice, the man he wanted to help take the club forward and the board have over ruled him 'apparantley' and said "No Steve, Jensen has to go regardless of what you think, it's a board decision". So Kean barely even makes a mention of it, acts as though he barely cares and just makes a general statement that he did good work and is sure to be back in football soon. I bet he really fought Jensen's corner.

Or more likely it was Kean's decision, Jensen was a scape goat and the rest is just general bullsh*t.

I despise this man, KEAN OUT. (Is there anything else to even say anymore, maybe just every topic and every reply on this forum should just read KEAN OUT until the horrid little man is gone.)

Jensen was NOT Keans choice. Sky were discussing this this PM. They interviewed Kean live on sky. The pundits all found it strange that Rovers brought in a no2 who Kean had never met in his life before. I believe jensen has the same agent as Kean - which will tell us how he was brought into the club.

I guess Kean will be sacked - as manager - in the next few days. I think it possible that Kean will be 'offered' the no2 position, with somebody else brought in as manager. I think the only reason he was not sacked sametime as Jensen, was too close to match day. Venkys did not want Jensen to be the manager if they sacked Kean.

Kean stands alone today. He carries the can for the performance and result today. He cannot blame any assistant manager. I cannot help believing that kean has in the pass, put the blame for defeats on jensen, maybe during trips to India.

He can only blame himself today.