BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

What a strange move. But then, it was a strange appointment in the first place. Who identified him as the best available number 2, given that Kean had never worked with him before?

I get the feeling we don't have a replacement lined up. I wonder how much Cletus and Jethro and the Dragon Lady had to pay out to get rid of him.

What a strange move. But then, it was a strange appointment in the first place. Who identified him as the best available number 2, given that Kean had never worked with him before?

I get the feeling we don't have a replacement lined up. I wonder how much Cletus and Jethro and the Dragon Lady had to pay out to get rid of him.

Think he might have had a rolling contract so probably not much.

Good God, so all decisions are purely down to Kean now. Only speculation but I'm very confident Kean would have happily put Jensen in the firing line to buy himself abit more time.

If Kean is to stay (noooooooooo) then we surely need a vastly experienced No2 or director of football.

john jensen has left to team up with laudrup elsewhere.

He hasnt been removed so kean will stay firmly in the managers seat

i wouldnt have minded laudrup at rovers!

william's appointed ince instead of him.. cos laudrup would only sign a 2 yr contract. big mistake IMO.

john jensen leaves... SO WHAT!. none of our 1st team coaching staff impresses me TBH! :(

Very very strange.. I do find it a tad worrying.. that announcement is so short and to the point that it's daft, if Kean was to be going him and Jensen would of been dumped at the same time surely.. smacks to much like either Kean making excuses and Jensen being his choice of victim or Jensen deciding he simply had enough (fallout with Kean or straight walkout).

Would love to hear what Jensen has to say about this, I would imagine he might be a grumpy chap... then again Venkys PAY for silence.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

How can jensen be blamed for results??? the buck stops with the manager surely??

Harford and Kidd were blamed for Kenny and Ferguson's success in the 90's.

Kean is to blame, no one else, what Venkys believe is another question.

Edited by chris

The "Blaming Jensen" story is probably a BS story, if he was sacked it would have been mutual consent.

To me its likely Jensen wanted out, he was only on a rolling contract and he was no: 2 to a guy much less successful then him and useless so far.

Edited by chris
  • Like 2