BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

Edit.

Scratch that. Laudrup has said to danish media he will NOT be available for any job until the end of this season. He wants a year off. His daughter is doing her last year in school in Mallorca, so they will stay there.

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/laudrup-tager-et-sabbat-aar

Sorry. Was hoping for some sense to this news, but I give up.

In 50 years of watching the Rovers I don't think we have ever had a period like the present one. We simply slump from crisis to crisis with no end in sight. I don't know if Jensen left of his own accord or if he was axed but whatever the reason the club ought to explain to the fans - we are, after all, the paying customers. It would appear that Venkys have learnt nothing from the shambles that they have overseen so far and their PR is as bad as ever.

If things continue in this manner one can see that not only will be getting cries of 'Kean out' during matches, but before long it will also be 'Venkys out'. The season has hardly begun and we are in the relegation places with two thirds of our League games ending in defeat. We have no assistant manager but have a manager who has little or no support amongst the fans but is propped up by a bunch of clueless owners who spend most of their time on the other side of the world. As a former Prime Minister was once misquoted - "Crisis, what crisis?" and we all know what happened to him!

• Like 2

The information that I have been passed from a number of people is what I posted earlier, of course it is possible that it wrong but normally these people aren't wrong. I have not heard of JJ going anywhere else, indeed he seemed very happy. I am not 100% sure but I think he was on a month to month rolling contract and with the month ending tomorrow this one possible reason why he has left today rather than after the City game.

I am told that there will be a like for like replacement assistant manager coming in, Kean has identified who he wants, so again this suggests that getting rid of JJ has been on the agenda for a while.

Big question is if Rovers lose and the crowd turn against Kean on Saturday will he survive? After what I have been told this evening I am not as certain as I was this morning that he would survive.

The information that I have been passed from a number of people is what I posted earlier, of course it is possible that it wrong but normally these people aren't wrong. I have not heard of JJ going anywhere else, indeed he seemed very happy. I am not 100% sure but I think he was on a month to month rolling contract and with the month ending tomorrow this one possible reason why he has left today rather than after the City game.

I am told that there will be a like for like replacement assistant manager coming in, Kean has identified who he wants, so again this suggests that getting rid of JJ has been on the agenda for a while.

Big question is if Rovers lose and the crowd turn against Kean on Saturday will he survive? After what I have been told this evening I am not as certain as I was this morning that he would survive.

Thanks Kamy for the update.

Do you know who Kean wants to bring in as number 2? it is somebody with PL experience?

At last, a glimmer of hope !!!

Thanks Kamy for the update.

Do you know who Kean wants to bring in as number 2? it is somebody with PL experience?

Don't know the name yet, other than it "ambitious" and "would be surprised if this guy joined Rovers". You can bet that Nicko with his connection will be covering this story in Mirror tomorrow.

So basically, THIS is the weekend to really voice a protest then? Best chance you'll ever have, no? If a new guy is appointed, no chance of Kean leaving anytime soon? Unless the new guy is on a month by month contract swell, which would not make much difference to keeping Jensen.

Oh look at me, debating with myself and not being able to find a conclusion.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Don't know the name yet, other than it "ambitious" and "would be surprised if this guy joined Rovers". You can bet that Nicko with his connection will be covering this story in Mirror tomorrow.

But remember Jensen was going to make the world of football sit up and take notice

• Like 2

Have heard Billy McKinlay's name mentioned.

Done a decent job as reserve team at Fulham but not really experience as PL number 2.

Thought he was coming in last January, possibly as first team coach or Reserve team coach but it never happen then

Edited by chaddyrovers

Thought it was a yearly roller.

Rarely, in football circles, have I heard of anyone employed in a 'senior' position with a PL club on a monthly roller !! If so, absurd !!