BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would stick to Kean out, rather than stick your chicken up your arse or whatever. :angry2:

Yes the buck stops with them - however the owners are going no where.....they have money and they intend to improve us - we simply need to get a clear message out there that the fans are TOTALLY against KEAN.....NOT the owners.

Did we ever tell the Trust to fook off back to Jersey with minimal investment when Hughes needed it to take us onto that next level??

Venkys will go from Zeros to Heroes with one decsion.....

If they got a new manager in, there would be a buzz about Blackburn again,a massive lift! The owners have to do this or it is inevitable people will turn against them!

Venkys need to sack Kean now and let the new manager run the football side of things.

Venkys need to make 1 big cecsion to get the fans back on side! 1 DECSION!

I sadly have to agree. We chatted with a couple of the players in India and they said the protests DID affect both them and the staff, they knew it wasn't aimed directly at them, but they felt the whole air of negativity impacted them.

I respect peoples right to protest and ultimately nobody wants to suffer a run of results like we've had under SK and I applaud people for wanting to make a difference, but now I know how it's effecting the team, I can't help thinking there must be another way (I just don't know what it is).

well to be fair if the actions of the supporters are affecting them, they are paid enough to deal with it!!

their actions and performances are affecting the moral and lives of thousands of people who pay a large proportion of their wages to watch the sh1te being served up week in week out.

ultimately Glenn, it riles me when people say the fans reaction is affecting the performance, the fans have only protested 2 games, the performances have been dire for months, so let's not say the fans are affecting what have been complete non-performances to begin with.

Steve Kean affects those performances whether the fans protest or not

I think the whole argument about players being paid enough to deal with booing is a bit stupid.

Just because they get paid millions a year, doesnt mean that they're suddenly less human than you or me, nor does it mean that they get impacted by booing any less.

It might fire up some players, it might demotivate others.

They get paid for their football skills anyway, not their ability to keep cool under pressure.

I think the protest before the Arsenal game was executed very well because the protesters made their point, but by the time they got to the stadium they were fired up and cheered the team on. Those against it probably got fired up in the process as well and it surely contributed to a more determined atmosphere around the team.

This is surely the way to go. Booing before or during the game is a bad idea. Show your disgust at half time or at full time. Protests should be held before or after the game as well. This should minimize the negative impact on the team, and maximize the potential to fire up the players.

I sadly have to agree. We chatted with a couple of the players in India and they said the protests DID affect both them and the staff, they knew it wasn't aimed directly at them, but they felt the whole air of negativity impacted them.

I respect peoples right to protest and ultimately nobody wants to suffer a run of results like we've had under SK and I applaud people for wanting to make a difference, but now I know how it's effecting the team, I can't help thinking there must be another way (I just don't know what it is).

:rover: well your freebie to pune has changed your mind,protesting is everyones right,and i think there are plenty of players who represnt brfc who need to take a long look at themselves :blush::brfc:

While I can the view and I'm sure protests do have an impact on staff and players I'm afraid I view it as irrelevant in the long term.

This may sound excessive but it is my view, quite seriously, that no one within the ownership, football management, playing staff or club management is taking sufficient action to arrest what could be the terminal decline of Rovers. I realise the Pune 9 report may well disprove this view but unless we are shown plans and ideas for Ewiood not India I will maintain it.

The club us dieing in front of us and there is now nothing left but fan protest. People protested before arsenal and supported the team. We supported the team till 3 - 0 against City when for me the anger, frustration and despair could not be held back. I felt as bad as the times I've seen the club relegated.

If the players are affected now I suspect they are in for one hell of a shock if it goes badly wrong against Spurs. The fans have to turn the heat up on the Raos and Kean. No one else cares about our club. The players will leave snd forget, the Raos don't give a sh1t about Blackburn, LANCASHIRE though I accept they may well be a touch embarrassed in Pune.

At the end of last season the players proved when the chips are down they can do it. If we don't start playing in the next few games we will be relegated by Christmas. The January window is too late

I don't want to protest, I have no plan to protest again but I may well do against Spurs. It's purely an emotional reaction.

The fans are the only people left. If we don't act nothing will happen because our owners and management at all levels DO NOT CARE.

If a few players get upset so be it, when they retire for life in their early 30s I'm sure it will worry them every day

I wish people would stick to Kean out, rather than stick your chicken up your arse or whatever. :angry2:

Yes the buck stops with them - however the owners are going no where.....they have money and they intend to improve us - we simply need to get a clear message out there that the fans are TOTALLY against KEAN.....NOT the owners.

Did we ever tell the Trust to fook off back to Jersey with minimal investment when Hughes needed it to take us onto that next level??

I agree about the chicken bit.

As for the owners please speak for yourself. I am not against them but I do not trust their ownership in any shape or form. In the current direction they are taking us the club will be destroyed.

The reason no one protested against the trust was because we all knew and understood the situation. You cannot make the comparison between the trust and the Raos. One made its position clear and acted accordingly, the other has proved to be utterly incompetent and untrustworthy.

Great couple of posts, Paul.

If players are affected, then so be it - to sit on our hands are accept the situation isn't an option for fans who are passionate about the club.

Very few positives about the club and it's efforts to stay in the Premiership at the moment, I personally don't give a toss about what we're doing in Pune, etc if we're ignoring the alarm bells at Ewood.

By the time the penny drops with this lot it may well be too late, at least the fans are trying to raise the awareness. A competent manager would go a long, long way towards turning things around.

Like you said, the players performed under this clown when they needed to last season, so perhaps they might want to focus on why it's not happening at the moment.....

In my opinion, dangerous to just ignore the effect all these actions can have on players, both individually and as a team. What are the consequences if their morale and confidence IS shattered as a result, both short-term and long-term?

We'll lose games, but then again, we're doing alot of that already.

We know players are fickle enough when it comes to changes in management, etc - I'd guess won't be many tears from them if Kean did go - it'd all be about getting behind the new gaffer, etc. Maybe a change would be good for them, they don't seem to have taken much from the last 9 months or so..

I can't believe that a change in manager wouldn't bring some fresh hope and maybe even an idea or 2 about tactics and motivation. They're evidently missing at the moment and no matter how much support Kean gets from the owners and powertrippers at the club he isn't going to wake up one day a better manager. We'd need an assistant manager of biblical proportions to make a difference to the current status if Kean's kept on.

Come off it Glenn, the ONLY sign of dissent in Ewood Park after a year of this nonsense was at 3-0 down against City.

The management of this club have got off bloody lightly and the players have had excellent backing home and away. However, now the time has come to support the greater good and if that upsets highly paid mercenaries passing through, then so be it.

Any negative impact the protests would have on the players would surely be counteracted by getting rid of Kean forever. Recent performances would suggest they can't play much worse regardless of there being protests or not.

I just hope we don't fluke a result against QPR and prolong the agony!

Oh, for crying out loud, I can't believe I'm actually wasting my time answering this but here goes...

Are these the very same players that have won 3 games out of 21 Glenn? The same lot that have us on 4 points from 7 games and only fluked out of safety on the final day last season?

They told you this where again? On holiday in Pune?

Thanks for your feedback from your hols Glenn. Hope you had a nice time.

No thanks to your suggestion. These "players" we have are an effing disgrace.

Make no mistake about that.

The players should be booed, but at the end of each half, and if they've been performing poorly. You can even shout abuse at them. But if the plan is to boo them from the outset or even every time they make a mistake, then it won't be very productive.

I do agree with everyone that there has been a lot of patience given to the players, manager and owners and enough is enough.

We're not booing the players. Fair enough, they're struggling big time, but the formation, selection, tactics and motivation aren't right and that's all down to Kean.

It's the manager who is the target - it's him we want to leave. I suspect it'll turn to the owners soon if the opinion is that they're doing little to solve the problems they've created.

:rover: well your freebie to pune has changed your mind,protesting is everyones right,and i think there are plenty of players who represnt brfc who need to take a long look at themselves :blush::brfc:

I privately joked when I made that post that I should take bets on who is first to accuse me of being "bought off" and how long it would take. But ultimately this is not some PR edict. What changed my mind was two of us bumping into two players and actually discussing their views on the fans, the protest and bizarrely internet forums.

While I can the view and I'm sure protests do have an impact on staff and players I'm afraid I view it as irrelevant in the long term.

I don't want to protest, I have no plan to protest again but I may well do against Spurs. It's purely an emotional reaction.

I can relate to this Paul. I understand peoples frustration and desire to make a difference, it's just I feel I have an faction in the equation to consider

The fans are the only people left. If we don't act nothing will happen because our owners and management at all levels DO NOT CARE.

I think that's absolutely untrue. I can't argue to results have been dire, but one thing I feel I have learnt this week is just how much both the owners and management DO care. You can argue about how effective their actions have been, but I'm confident they care about our current predicament every bit as much as we do.

Come off it Glenn, the ONLY sign of dissent in Ewood Park after a year of this nonsense was at 3-0 down against City.

The management of this club have got off bloody lightly and the players have had excellent backing home and away. However, now the time has come to support the greater good and if that upsets highly paid mercenaries passing through, then so be it.

I'm only going off what I was told. I thought so far the fans had been very very careful to distance the players from all this and I have to say, they weren't complaining particularly, but now I have the conversation stuck in my head it's another factor to consider in all this.

Great couple of posts, Paul.

Same

In my opinion, dangerous to just ignore the effect all these actions can have on players, both individually and as a team. What are the consequences if their morale and confidence IS shattered as a result, both short-term and long-term?

A proper manager will restore their confidence, then we can move forward.

The fans encouraging the protests I suspect share the sentiments of the majority.

The players and club cannot possibly complain about the backing they have received up to the City game, if I had my way, Kean would have been dismissed after the Fulham game in April, or during the summer.

Glenn I appreciate all the work you put in, but I can't help thinking your conversation has left you to miss the feelings of the majority. I suggest a few of the players man-up before the Spurs game.

Glen when the players have won ONE game mid October ,a crap manager and owners who suffer narcissism then they don't expect boos? What do they want fans who don't care, fans who are passionless or fans who blow smoke up their jacksees?

I think that's absolutely untrue. I can't argue to results have been dire, but one thing I feel I have learnt this week is just how much both the owners and management DO care. You can argue about how effective their actions have been, but I'm confident they care about our current predicament every bit as much as we do.

I'm sure they can all be very persuasive face-to-face.

However their various interviews over the last few days would suggest they don't care too much.

They certainly do not care about the fans which some would argue are the club.

I pays my money and I do what I want for 90 mins. No one will be telling me to protest. I am a passionate fottball fan and Rovers are and always have been my team. I will Sing, Shout, Laugh, Scream, Praise and Vent for the 90 mins I am in the ground.

Football fans, thats what we do.

It is upto the Management and players to determine what they get.

I think that's absolutely untrue. I can't argue to results have been dire, but one thing I feel I have learnt this week is just how much both the owners and management DO care. You can argue about how effective their actions have been, but I'm confident they care about our current predicament every bit as much we do

I'm sure you will have had conversations which lead you to be convinced this is the case. The problem for 20,000 or so in Blackburn is there is no evidence to the contrary. There is only one way to prove they care - on the pitch.

To get out of this mess we have 31 games to get 36 points. That's 10 wins and 6 draws. A positive result in 50% of our matches. There is nothing to suggest Kean and the Raos are capable of delivering this. 

We need a miracle worker and we need him now.

I wrote a really long ramble about this while waiting for s train but it boils down to the above.

Sorry but for me that's how it is.

I privately joked when I made that post that I should take bets on who is first to accuse me of being "bought off" and how long it would take. But ultimately this is not some PR edict. What changed my mind was two of us bumping into two players and actually discussing their views on the fans, the protest and bizarrely internet forums.

I can relate to this Paul. I understand peoples frustration and desire to make a difference, it's just I feel I have an faction in the equation to consider

I'm only going off what I was told. I thought so far the fans had been very very careful to distance the players from all this and I have to say, they weren't complaining particularly, but now I have the conversation stuck in my head it's another factor to consider in all this.

Glenn, not here to doubt your words or have a go but your original post in this surprised me as it appears a little reserved for you - was somebody watching over your shoulder as knowing you I'm sure you wouldn't have held back given the opportunity? ;)

two players - Would you care to name the players you bumped into and their comments?

Faction in the equation - .. sounds interesting, could we be right in thinking there is sometHing else planned for the future with regard to meetings etc or is this in your own views.

Care - you may have done this, but it needed to be stressed about the 'situ' of Kean - if they care as you say this decision solely top's the list and this they must understand.

told - or what they wanted you to hear?

Did the pune9 ask them face to face what or why they think kean is a BRILLIIANT manager?

I'll wait until we've done our write up of the meeting, but his response to that question (well, a question about some of the quotes they are reported as saying) was very telling.

I'm sure you will have had conversations which lead you to be convinced this is the case. The problem for 20,000 or so in Blackburn is there is no evidence to the contrary. There is only one way to prove they care - on the pitch.

To get out of this mess we have 31 games to get 36 points. That's 10 wins and 6 draws. A positive result in 50% of our matches. There is nothing to suggest Kean and the Raos are capable of delivering this.

We need a miracle worker and we need him now.

I wrote a really long ramble about this while waiting for s train but it boils down to the above.

Sorry but for me that's how it is.

That's kinda my point. Ultimately results (and the actions that lead to those results) are what people will be judged on and remembered for, but I was merely highlighting that irrespective of those, I believe they do care.

Archived