BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Assistant Manager

Iceman

Any idea when this will be announced? I'm hoping for Ray Wilkins, but I guess that's never going to happen. I'm guessing it will be somebody like Karl Robinson type, rather than a Ray Wilkins type appointment

The longer it goes without an assistant manager being appointed, the more i'll start to believe the rumour that Kean has been given 2 games to save his job. Kean was saying that he had already identified who he wanted before the City game but here we are over a week later and still no appointment.

Following the visit to Pune the Venky clan have made the most public statement to date (and the Pune 9 will have influenced that) that results must improve. From what I know of the Asian mind having lived around the region for the past 20+ years they are basically saying to Kean - put up or shut up.

I can't see an Assistant Manager being appointed until after the next 2 games - unless we hammer QPR. If those results go against us the I am sure Kean will be out.

TBH the way Karl Robinson has MK Dons playing at the moment I'd take him as manager over Kean any day!!

Couldn't agree more, MK dons lost last night and his interview was superb after the game.

There was no BS and no excuses, he said that everyone from the staff to the players need to up their game.

If Kean came out with interviews like Robinson's last night he might have more respect.

The longer it goes without an assistant manager being appointed, the more i'll start to believe the rumour that Kean has been given 2 games to save his job. Kean was saying that he had already identified who he wanted before the City game but here we are over a week later and still no appointment.

And he definitely said he wanted him in before the QPR game.

Couldn't agree more, MK dons lost last night and his interview was superb after the game.

There was no BS and no excuses, he said that everyone from the staff to the players need to up their game.

If Kean came out with interviews like Robinson's last night he might have more respect.

What a great idea. Appoint a promising MK Dons manager. What could go wrong?

Hopefully he wont apply an assistant manager, before he gets sacked.

It would just look really really stupid if some poor fellow got the job, only to be sacked again in some weeks... :rolleyes:

And to get rid of Kean, we have to lose the next two matches?

Oh boy...

Well, a few wise words from David Brent comes to mind:

"If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits." :lol:

No news has to be good news - no appointment allowed given the limited time left.

But then again, after missing the top 37 transfer targets in the summer it could just be more incompetence !

It's so sad that the best result for Rovers is another heavy defeat at the weekend.

I know it's a bad sign if we appoint an assistant to Kean but does it not strike fear into people that he is working on his own with nobody to try tell him his tactics ain't working

To be honest, he shouldnt need telling his tactics arent working, but thats Kean, puts positive spins on disasters!!

To be honest, he shouldnt need telling his tactics arent working, but thats Kean, puts positive spins on disasters!!

Well the supporters have let him know that his tactics aren't working and that doesn't seem to have improved things!

I suspect his lack of tactical nous simply reflects his general inability to be a manager and we can lump it in alongside all his other failings. From that point of view, what could a 2nd in command do other than take over?

Archived