BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs Tottenham Hotspur preview

Thought we played decent at times, but (understandably) fell into hoofing as desperation grew in the second half.

Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE final balls throughout the game.

Pedersen delivered some of his best set pieces in 3 years.

Olsson and Hoilett looked our best players.

Vukcevic didn't take his chance today, it wasn't his type of game but he should still be able to produce more quality in 70 minutes.

Nzonzi a commanding presence in midfield, sadly Pedersen refused to get stuck in and left him against 2-3 players.

Again we use a new formation and a new set of players since our last game. Either Kean is the new Tinkerman or he's growing desperate.

Jason Roberts is inexcusable at this point. What's the point of having a big lump of front if he can't even hold up the ball? Yakubu didn't exactly set the world on fire when he came on, but still looked incredibly more useful than J.R.

Will this be the game that finally tips the scales against Kean?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No point colouring judgement just because we don't like Kean. We played extremely well today, no getting away from that. It was one of the best performances I have seen in ages. We worked hard, kept great shape, Nzonzi was exceptional (never been a massive fan of him but today he was something else - wow) Olsson and Hoilett were dangerous. I liked the look of Vukcevic. Roberts held the up the ball very very well (when he plcked that long ball out of the air - incredible). Even the subsititutions made sense.

We ultimately lost because of two great goals from Van Der Vaart.

That said we are nine games into the season, have won once, and though we have had patches of good play we just don't look convincing in terms of picking up points. End of the road for Kean - but I really hope whoever we get in is established quality, not another experiemental choice.

If kean had got us to play like we have today against Wolves, QPR etc etc then he would be secure in his job...

I really have had enough of this inept muppet in charge! Formica off when he looked bright and Roberts was being his usual useless self typifies how bizarre some of Kean's decisions are. Even starting with Roberts is ridiculous! So many of the above posts are exactly how I feel - "numb to losing", "no chink of light". Please, please, please get Kean out of this club! Enough damage has been done, I can't take anymore! I want my Rovers back and I want KEAN OUT!!!

Will this be the game that finally tips the scales against Kean?

I regret but I doubt it.

The game stats will be in his favour and he will milk them for all its worth.

We know already that the 3 barstewards in Pune will believe everything Numpty says.

Rovers played quite well today BECAUSE of the protest. Ironic.

No point colouring judgement just because we don't like Kean. We played extremely well today, no getting away from that. It was one of the best performances I have seen in ages. We worked hard, kept great shape, Nzonzi was exceptional (never been a massive fan of him but today he was something else - wow) Olsson and Hoilett were dangerous. I liked the look of Vukcevic. Roberts held the up the ball very very well (when he plcked that long ball out of the air - incredible). Even the subsititutions made sense.

We ultimately lost because of two great goals from Van Der Vaart.

That said we are nine games into the season, have won once, and though we have had patches of good play we just don't look convincing in terms of picking up points. End of the road for Kean - but I really hope whoever we get in is established quality, not another experiemental choice.

If kean had got us to play like we have today against Wolves, QPR etc etc then he would be secure in his job...

It's difficult to praise Kean for the performance or selection though because he changes the team SO often that it's probably a fluke. If he thought that eleven were capable of that performance then why didn't he select them ages ago?

The goals could have been prevented, despite the quality of the strikes. We haven't kept a single clean sheet all season, that's appalling.

I don't think he'll be sacked any time soon so let's hope he learns from that game, most notably the fact that Olsson and Lowe need to play at full back when fit.

• Backroom

I'll use this thread for what it for, the game.

We played well today, pedersen was MOTM by a mile for me, fantastic performance.

The difference was the quality shown by VDV for their second, Rochina showed a lot of class when he came on but not enough time really.

The ref was simply shocking although it probably didn't effect the outcome much.

End of the day we played well but ultimately it's another loss, make the change while we still have a chance.

well said martonrover oslo you need to realise as nearly 99% have said playing well is not the only issue here what is more important is the result and the fact we were so much on top for 80-85 mins and as the old saying goes when you create and have so many chances you have to put more than one chance away for me Formica & Hoilett are our best strikers both Roberts & Yak are finished goodwillie is ok & could improve with time for me a player like defoe would be good.

It's difficult to praise Kean for the performance or selection though because he changes the team SO often that it's probably a fluke. If he thought that eleven were capable of that performance then why didn't he select them ages ago?

The goals could have been prevented, despite the quality of the strikes. We haven't kept a single clean sheet all season, that's appalling.

I don't think he'll be sacked any time soon so let's hope he learns from that game, most notably the fact that Olsson and Lowe need to play at full back when fit.

Agree about Lowe and Olsson at full back. If Nzonzi can play like that every week then we don't need Lowe in the middle. We looked much more secure.

Harsh to not give Kean credit. Fair enough the selection might have been flukey but presumably the motivation and discipline the side showed would have come from him. He deserves some respect for that.

Good performance but the usual result. We still get best chances from corners, throw ins or Robbo´s free kicks. Wow, that sounds like Sam´s football. But it can´t be because we are playing nice passing football and we are very close reaching to top 10.

Don´t think Kean will go anywhere but soon it will be too late. Our second half schedule is very very hard. We won´t normally get points from Spurs, City, Arsenal or even from Everton.

All promoted clubs get points right now. Even from big clubs. Wigan is used to play against relegation and beat it. Bolton´s situation is quite similar than ours. Right now Rovers, Bolton and maybe Wolves would be my bet to go down.

I'll use this thread for what it for, the game.

We played well today, pedersen was MOTM by a mile for me, fantastic performance.

The difference was the quality shown by VDV for their second, Rochina showed a lot of class when he came on but not enough time really.

The ref was simply shocking although it probably didn't effect the outcome much.

End of the day we played well but ultimately it's another loss, make the change while we still have a chance.

i think he was ok in parts but far from mom imo. nzonzi was prob the best call.

we played well and a draw would have been a fair result for me. their 2nd was lucky as givet made a great tackle and it ricochet perfectly into his path but it was a good finish.

we should have had a pen as the ball was 4 yards away from ekotto but he was all over vuk

overall though its another loss and kean has to go. 6 wins in 29 is unbelievable. it doesnt matter how hard he tries, HE IS NOT A MANAGER

I feel nothing at all.

I was working this afternoon and received a "friendly" ;) text from a Mackem-supporting mate when Spurs got their 1st. We're not supposed to have mobiles on at work, so I switched it off till I got home about ¾-hour ago to find we'd only lost 2-1.

I've got mixed emotions:

another defeat, how grimly predictable;

at least it was only 2-1 when I expected a right stuffing; but

because it was that close and [judging by what I've read on here since I got in] it sounds like we played well, Baldrick has at least another week to extend the gap between us and 17th place in the Premier League.

Any man with any self self respect would own up and walk away. Not a chance with this idiot.

Sad days.

Any man with any self-respect who's been breathalysed and found to be over the limit would own up and say, "Yes, I'm banged to rights [whatever that actually means! ;) ]; I'm over the limit." [i know; I've been there.]

Not come up with the old "someone spiked my drink routine".

We played well but Pedersen MOTM? He did OK but was at fault for the first Spurs goal (gave the ball away with a poor pass then lazily jogged back), and took some decent, but more dire corners and free-kicks.

Being better than usual doesn't make him MOTM. Olsson, Hoilett N'Zonzi, Samba and Lowe were all more deserving.

Still, overall we did well but it's yet another loss.

Well I listened to Mr Kean on the radio. Apparently we peppered the Spurs goal though strangely Brad didn't have a direct save to make. I must have been at another ground.

After City I was angry and upset, today it's just a shrug of the shoulders.

The players clearly back kean.

I dont see venkys sacking kean untill that changes. Would you turn on "one of the lads"??

From the outside it seams venkys have built up a friend relationship instead of a business one and our finding it difficult to pull the trigger, very very foolish. Isnt that numer 3 in the ten must nots in business 101????

I am a 24 year old young man, who has been a passionate season ticket holder for a decade and I have considered it a responsibility and delight to stick up for Rovers in the South Lancs haven of United and Liverpool supporters all my life. I should be a nailed on "unlosable" supporter; an easy win. I am entirely apathetic.

I am disgusted in the behaviour of Blackburn Rovers. From the wider football-family perspective, it would be a good thing if we get our just desserts and are relegated.

Lowe is much better then Salgado, that makes a difference

The players clearly back kean.

I dont see venkys sacking kean untill that changes. Would you turn on "one of the lads"??

From the outside it seams venkys have built up a friend relationship instead of a business one and our finding it difficult to pull the trigger, very very foolish. Isnt that numer 3 in the ten must nots in business 101????

yes good point, they have build a friendship.

I spotted this on a Pune video, Kean's carm worked on them very well.

The player effort was there today but same old,same old.....I really dont know where we go from here with you know who in charge.We really do need a fresh start,new ideas from the touchline,new impetus,new direction.

Another miserable weekend and I'm at my wits end here!

P.S.

To the people who sit near me in the BBE Lower and who called the Stewards to remove some blokes who were shouting Kean out I say shame on you..WHAT THE HELL HAS BECOME OF OUR SUPPORT?

I went to the post match press conference, Redknapp giving his backing to Kean, said that if Kean had lost the dressing room then they wouldnt have played like that today, Redknapp dismissed the protest as a few kids shouting.

Kean was asked about it and said it was a minority of fans

Archived